Pregnant Christina Aguilera Skips The Voice and Plans Christmas Wedding to Matthew Rutler
By Christine Jane Caparras | July 22, 2014 4:17 PM EST
Songstress Christina Aguilera has a penchant for marking the special occasions in her life by having them occur at the same time or around other holidays whether intentionally or not. The blonde diva is reportedly planning to wed her fiancé Matthew Rutler around Christmas this year.
Christina who has been one of the returning coaches for NBC's hit show "The Voice" will not be participating for the upcoming seventh season. It is unclear if her pregnancy and upcoming marriage plans are related to her absence from the show. Meanwhile, Gwen Stefani of No Doubt and Pharell Williams will be trying their luck on "The Voice" alongside Adam Levine and Blake Shelton.
Christina and Matthew got engaged on Valentine's Day this year when Matthew proposed to Christina with an engagement ring that he designed himself. The couple first met in 2010 on the set of the movie "Burlesque" which Christina starred in and Matthew worked as part of the production crew. Details about the plans for the Christmas wedding are revealed in the video below from Hollyscoop.com. The pair are supposedly planning a laid-back non-denominational wedding.
The proposal took place in Hawaii and the couple is reportedly also eyeing a tropical destination for their Christmas wedding but possibly in a more private island. The couple is currently expecting their first child together and the wedding should be taking place only a few months after the singer gives birth.
Christina is expecting a daughter this time around and she already has a six-year-old son from her previous marriage with Jordan Bratman with whom she separated from in October 2010 just before she started dating Rutler. Incidentally, her divorce from Bratman was also finalised on Velentine's Day in 2011, exactly three years before her engagement on the same day to Rutler.
When the couple got engaged in February, reports came out that Rutler designed the engagement ring and had it ready for months before he found the right timing on Valentine's Day. Every element of the ring is a symbol representing something significant to the couple. The main design is based on two of Christina's favourite rings and the setting is composed of nine multi-colored gems that are set in such a way that they are touching her skin while she is wearing the ring.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’