Pregnant Christina Aguilera Skips The Voice and Plans Christmas Wedding to Matthew Rutler
By Christine Jane Caparras | July 22, 2014 4:17 PM EST
Songstress Christina Aguilera has a penchant for marking the special occasions in her life by having them occur at the same time or around other holidays whether intentionally or not. The blonde diva is reportedly planning to wed her fiancé Matthew Rutler around Christmas this year.
Christina who has been one of the returning coaches for NBC's hit show "The Voice" will not be participating for the upcoming seventh season. It is unclear if her pregnancy and upcoming marriage plans are related to her absence from the show. Meanwhile, Gwen Stefani of No Doubt and Pharell Williams will be trying their luck on "The Voice" alongside Adam Levine and Blake Shelton.
Christina and Matthew got engaged on Valentine's Day this year when Matthew proposed to Christina with an engagement ring that he designed himself. The couple first met in 2010 on the set of the movie "Burlesque" which Christina starred in and Matthew worked as part of the production crew. Details about the plans for the Christmas wedding are revealed in the video below from Hollyscoop.com. The pair are supposedly planning a laid-back non-denominational wedding.
The proposal took place in Hawaii and the couple is reportedly also eyeing a tropical destination for their Christmas wedding but possibly in a more private island. The couple is currently expecting their first child together and the wedding should be taking place only a few months after the singer gives birth.
Christina is expecting a daughter this time around and she already has a six-year-old son from her previous marriage with Jordan Bratman with whom she separated from in October 2010 just before she started dating Rutler. Incidentally, her divorce from Bratman was also finalised on Velentine's Day in 2011, exactly three years before her engagement on the same day to Rutler.
When the couple got engaged in February, reports came out that Rutler designed the engagement ring and had it ready for months before he found the right timing on Valentine's Day. Every element of the ring is a symbol representing something significant to the couple. The main design is based on two of Christina's favourite rings and the setting is composed of nine multi-colored gems that are set in such a way that they are touching her skin while she is wearing the ring.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 'Fast & Furious 7': New Brian O' Connor And Dominic Toretto Scene Surfaces
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
- Mariah Carey-Nick Cannon Divorce: Mariah Claims Infidelity, Nick's Affair With Amber Rose To Blame -- Report
- Taylor Swift And Harry Styles Spotted Together Enjoying A Concert; Songstress ‘Still Not Over’ 1D Singer—Reports
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 21 Spoilers: Nick Shocks His Family And Summer’s Past Gets Revealed
- Walmart Early Price Matching Special Event On Nov. 21, 2014 Matches Its Competitors' Black Friday 2014 Prices And Includes Exclusive Deals For Samsung LED HDTVs And iPad Air 2 [WATCH VIDEO]
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- Cold War 2: Russia, China And North Korea’s Blacklisted Company Fortify Alliance -- Reports