Pregnant Christina Aguilera Skips The Voice and Plans Christmas Wedding to Matthew Rutler
By Christine Jane Caparras | July 22, 2014 4:17 PM EST
Songstress Christina Aguilera has a penchant for marking the special occasions in her life by having them occur at the same time or around other holidays whether intentionally or not. The blonde diva is reportedly planning to wed her fiancé Matthew Rutler around Christmas this year.
Christina who has been one of the returning coaches for NBC's hit show "The Voice" will not be participating for the upcoming seventh season. It is unclear if her pregnancy and upcoming marriage plans are related to her absence from the show. Meanwhile, Gwen Stefani of No Doubt and Pharell Williams will be trying their luck on "The Voice" alongside Adam Levine and Blake Shelton.
Christina and Matthew got engaged on Valentine's Day this year when Matthew proposed to Christina with an engagement ring that he designed himself. The couple first met in 2010 on the set of the movie "Burlesque" which Christina starred in and Matthew worked as part of the production crew. Details about the plans for the Christmas wedding are revealed in the video below from Hollyscoop.com. The pair are supposedly planning a laid-back non-denominational wedding.
The proposal took place in Hawaii and the couple is reportedly also eyeing a tropical destination for their Christmas wedding but possibly in a more private island. The couple is currently expecting their first child together and the wedding should be taking place only a few months after the singer gives birth.
Christina is expecting a daughter this time around and she already has a six-year-old son from her previous marriage with Jordan Bratman with whom she separated from in October 2010 just before she started dating Rutler. Incidentally, her divorce from Bratman was also finalised on Velentine's Day in 2011, exactly three years before her engagement on the same day to Rutler.
When the couple got engaged in February, reports came out that Rutler designed the engagement ring and had it ready for months before he found the right timing on Valentine's Day. Every element of the ring is a symbol representing something significant to the couple. The main design is based on two of Christina's favourite rings and the setting is composed of nine multi-colored gems that are set in such a way that they are touching her skin while she is wearing the ring.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 2 Major Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Strangers’
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’: Blake And Louise Tell The True Story
- ‘Days Of Our Lives’ (DOOL) Oct. 20-24 Spoilers: An ‘Unexpected Visitor’ Changes Everything For Sami Plus Updates On Salemites
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Oct. 20-24, 2014, Plus Additional Spoilers For Oct. 27, 2014: Nina Makes Public Rosalie’s Secret
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- iPhone 6 vs Nexus 6 vs Galaxy Note 4: Performance and User Interface Comparison
- Fappening: Message Board Posters Belittle Nude Photo Leakers As D-Listers Seeking Publicity
- Fappening: Lindsay Clubine, Wife Of Boston Red Sox Pitcher Clay Buchholz, & George Sampson Of Britain’s Got Talent, Are The Latest Victims Of Celebrity Nude Leaks