Pregnant Christina Aguilera Skips The Voice and Plans Christmas Wedding to Matthew Rutler
By Christine Jane Caparras | July 22, 2014 4:17 PM EST
Songstress Christina Aguilera has a penchant for marking the special occasions in her life by having them occur at the same time or around other holidays whether intentionally or not. The blonde diva is reportedly planning to wed her fiancé Matthew Rutler around Christmas this year.
Christina who has been one of the returning coaches for NBC's hit show "The Voice" will not be participating for the upcoming seventh season. It is unclear if her pregnancy and upcoming marriage plans are related to her absence from the show. Meanwhile, Gwen Stefani of No Doubt and Pharell Williams will be trying their luck on "The Voice" alongside Adam Levine and Blake Shelton.
Christina and Matthew got engaged on Valentine's Day this year when Matthew proposed to Christina with an engagement ring that he designed himself. The couple first met in 2010 on the set of the movie "Burlesque" which Christina starred in and Matthew worked as part of the production crew. Details about the plans for the Christmas wedding are revealed in the video below from Hollyscoop.com. The pair are supposedly planning a laid-back non-denominational wedding.
The proposal took place in Hawaii and the couple is reportedly also eyeing a tropical destination for their Christmas wedding but possibly in a more private island. The couple is currently expecting their first child together and the wedding should be taking place only a few months after the singer gives birth.
Christina is expecting a daughter this time around and she already has a six-year-old son from her previous marriage with Jordan Bratman with whom she separated from in October 2010 just before she started dating Rutler. Incidentally, her divorce from Bratman was also finalised on Velentine's Day in 2011, exactly three years before her engagement on the same day to Rutler.
When the couple got engaged in February, reports came out that Rutler designed the engagement ring and had it ready for months before he found the right timing on Valentine's Day. Every element of the ring is a symbol representing something significant to the couple. The main design is based on two of Christina's favourite rings and the setting is composed of nine multi-colored gems that are set in such a way that they are touching her skin while she is wearing the ring.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7'—5 Villains To Feature In The Movie, According To Reported Leaks [Spoilers]
- Rihanna Nude Photos Leaked – The Fappening 2: Second Wave Of Celebrities Nude Pictures Leak on 4chan And Reddit
- 'Castle' Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic's Kate Beckett, NYPD To Discover The Real Rick Castle
- 'Under The Dome' Season 2 Finale Spoilers: An Exit Route Appears But Not Everyone Gets Out Alive, 'Under The Dome' Season 3 Update [VIDEO]
- Bruce Jenner Sex Change Reports Resurface As He Shaves His Leg, Behaves Feminine Inside A Coffee Shop
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Samsung Galaxy S5: Battle of the Samsung Flagship Smartphones
- Galaxy Note 4 vs iPhone 6 Plus: Better Performing Display and Best Overall Screen
- Apple iPad Air 2, OS X Yosemite Release Date Set For October, While iPad Mini 3 With Retina Headed For 2015 Release
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Purported Xiaomi Redmi Note Successor Powered With Monstrous Processor Under Wraps, Will Take On Meizu MX4