Pregnant Christina Aguilera Skips The Voice and Plans Christmas Wedding to Matthew Rutler
By Christine Jane Caparras | July 22, 2014 4:17 PM EST
Songstress Christina Aguilera has a penchant for marking the special occasions in her life by having them occur at the same time or around other holidays whether intentionally or not. The blonde diva is reportedly planning to wed her fiancé Matthew Rutler around Christmas this year.
Christina who has been one of the returning coaches for NBC's hit show "The Voice" will not be participating for the upcoming seventh season. It is unclear if her pregnancy and upcoming marriage plans are related to her absence from the show. Meanwhile, Gwen Stefani of No Doubt and Pharell Williams will be trying their luck on "The Voice" alongside Adam Levine and Blake Shelton.
Christina and Matthew got engaged on Valentine's Day this year when Matthew proposed to Christina with an engagement ring that he designed himself. The couple first met in 2010 on the set of the movie "Burlesque" which Christina starred in and Matthew worked as part of the production crew. Details about the plans for the Christmas wedding are revealed in the video below from Hollyscoop.com. The pair are supposedly planning a laid-back non-denominational wedding.
The proposal took place in Hawaii and the couple is reportedly also eyeing a tropical destination for their Christmas wedding but possibly in a more private island. The couple is currently expecting their first child together and the wedding should be taking place only a few months after the singer gives birth.
Christina is expecting a daughter this time around and she already has a six-year-old son from her previous marriage with Jordan Bratman with whom she separated from in October 2010 just before she started dating Rutler. Incidentally, her divorce from Bratman was also finalised on Velentine's Day in 2011, exactly three years before her engagement on the same day to Rutler.
When the couple got engaged in February, reports came out that Rutler designed the engagement ring and had it ready for months before he found the right timing on Valentine's Day. Every element of the ring is a symbol representing something significant to the couple. The main design is based on two of Christina's favourite rings and the setting is composed of nine multi-colored gems that are set in such a way that they are touching her skin while she is wearing the ring.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Shifts Blame On US For Ukraine Crisis, Putin Accuses West of 'Remaking World'
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine