Filipe Luis Switched to Premier League Club from Atletico Madrid, Chelsea Manager Jose Mourinho Reason for the Transfer
By Dana Alyssa Ramos | July 22, 2014 4:00 PM EST
Filipe Luis switched to Premier League Club from Atletico Madrid and he claimed that the Jose Mourinho factor is one of the reasons why he joined Chelsea.
Chelsea's Demba Ba (hidden) celebrates with coach Jose Mourinho and team mates after scoring the second goal for the team during their Champions League quarter-final second leg soccer match against Paris St Germain at Stamford Bridge in London April 8, 2014.
The Brazilian full-back has been a target for the Premier League Club for quite some time, and now the 28-year-old finally put pen to paper.
The former Atletico man, who has completed a summer move from Atletico Madrid to sign a three-year deal with the Blues, became Chelsea's fourth signing of the summer.
Luis wants to bring continental glory to Stamford Bridge as he has set his sights on a Premier League and Champions League double. He also spoke of his excitement to compete on numerous fronts at Stamford Bridge.
"Jose was one of the reasons which made my decision to come here so easy," Luis enthused. "He's an amazing coach, he's won everything. Wherever he goes, he wins titles so I know I will grow a lot under him and my football will improve. I'm really happy to have him as a coach."
The Brazil international defender claimed that the Portuguese manager has been a significant factor that convinced him to switch to Stamford Bridge, in his interview with the Blue's official Web site.
'Chelsea is the best club for me to do that (win trophies); we have the best coach and an amazing squad, we have some brilliant players and I hope the supporters will see the Premier League trophy at Stamford Bridge at the end of the season', Luis added.
Luis hailed the ex Inter Milan and Real Madrid coach as the best in football management but for whatever its worth, although Luis claims that Mourinho is the best coach there is, he actually never played under him. Not that one needs to actually play under a coach to appreciate his qualities.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Real Life ‘Frozen’: Snow Overwhelms The US, Kills 7; More To Come (Pictures)
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt in Sydney for ‘Unbroken’ Red Carpet Premiere [PHOTOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
- G20 Summit Awkward Moments: Putin Yawns, Mystery Bubbles Appear, F18 Drama Ensues
Join the Conversation
- Boxing News: Pacquiao And Mayweather Might Meet 'In The First Six Months Of Next Year' - Bob Arum
- Boxing News 2014: Pacquiao Considers Ditching Jessica Sanchez To Sing Philippine National Anthem In Favour Of Born-Again Pastors; Stallone & Schwarzenegger to Watch Bout
- Michael Phelps' Lover Reveals She Was Born Intersex In Lengthy Facebook Post
- 2014 Davis Cup Final: Switzerland Vs. France - Roger Federer Vs. Gael Monfils Live Streaming Info and Preview
- Michael Schumacher Update: Rep Responds To Streiff’s Comments—‘He’s Neither A Friend Nor Has He Ever Visited Him’
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Nexus 6 Release Date And Price Under AT&T, T-Mobile And Sprint Listed
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Cold War 2: Russia, China And North Korea’s Blacklisted Company Fortify Alliance -- Reports