Iphone 6 Release Date Fast -Approaching, Reuse and Recycle Program Now in Australia
By Christine Joy Dacanay | July 22, 2014 3:45 PM EST
The iPhone 6 release this September is inevitable. To bridge the gap between the slowdown in sales prior to the release and the assumed shoot-up after iPhone 6 is launched, Apple is doing several moves in order for the brand to keep on with their revenues and popularity in the smartphone scene.
There has been reports of Apple's supposed "discreet" tie-up with online shopping network eBay in selling reconditioned iPhone 5 and iPhone 5s models. This strategic marketing move is set not only to maintain the company's stature but also help Apple in reducing the quantity of their more obsolete phone models in their inventory.
Another venture is the "Reuse and Recycle" program which was initially introduced in the US and is now offered to Apple's Australian market.
Before its confirmation, leakage of information regarding this progam came from 9to5Mac last June.
So what are the mechanics or procedures of this trade-in program? Apple consumers may bring their old units to local Apple stores in Australia. After the store attendant appraised the value of your existing phone, credit for the unit's value will be deducted from your new purchase.
In the US, where the program debuted late last year, customers need to answer a few questions at the Apple online store. After which, an offer good for 30 days will be provided on the page. If the offer is amenable to the Apple user, the old unit can be shipped free of charge via the company's partner PowerOn. Once Apple finished evaluating the unit, an Apple Store gift card tantamount to the value of the older-model iPhone will be sent back to the consumer. This card is now ready for use towards the next purchase. However, this online option is exclusive to the US for now.
As the company promised, they can give as much as $250 credit to loyal Apple followers who will take advantage of the "Reuse and Recycle" program.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft