HTC One Android 4.4.3 KitKat Rolling Out Within the Week; Top 15 HTC Sense Features and Status on UK and U.S. Carriers
By Ryan Inoyori | July 22, 2014 3:21 PM EST
HTC One smartphone may receive the official Android 4.4.3 KitKat which contains all security fixes from Android 4.4.4 before going to Android L version. Know the firmware details and current status for UK and U.S. network carriers.
HTC One Android 4.4.3 KitKat Schedule
HTC Management Vice President Mo Versi already sent out a tweet regarding the next major firmware update of HTC One M7 and One M8. It is expected to rollout next week which points the week 21 of the month of July.
Unlike with Android 4.4.4 KitKat updates from other brand manufacturers, Mo Versi described that Android 4.4.3 KitKat for the HTC One contains all the necessary security fixes based from Android 4.4.4 which likely to mean it is the final Android KitKat update before going to Android L version.
— Mo (@moversi) July 15, 2014
Additionally, Android 4.4.3 KitKat will feature the HTC Sense 6.0 UI to all HTC One models such as the Developer Edition. Here are the details about the new HTC Sense UI included on the upcoming firmware update from the official Web site:
1. Colour coded HTC applications for easier navigation
2. New themes have been added
3. Smoother and continuous scrolling on BlinkFeed
4. New interface for adding new content on BlinkFeed
5. Enhanced sidebar for easier navigation on Blinkfeed
6. Nearby restaurant recommendations on BlinkFeed
7. Three new fonts with option to download more from the Play Store
8. New HTC Zoe camera mode with 3-in-1 camera solution
9. Image matching on the Gallery app to find photos easier and quicker
10. Point of Interest or POI locations in Map View on Gallery app
11. Redesigned apps tray for quicker access
12. New features and interface of HTC Sense TV with social media integration
13. Enhanced music application with more stunning themes
14. Add schedule function to set specific time and event on Do Not Disturb mode
15. Improved Mail, Message, Calendar and Phone apps
Network Carrier Status
HTC United Kingdom already posted the current status of the new Android KitKat with Sense 6 release on their Web site.
- Unlocked HTC One is now ready for rollout
- Vodafone variant in integration stage
- O2 variant is ready for rollout
- Three variant is ready for rollout
- EE variant in integration stage
Status of HTC One in the United States is already posted at the official site of HTC.
- Completed for AT&T, Sprint, Verizon Wireless, Unlocked edition, Developer edition, and T-Mobile
- Completed for Sprint HTC One Max
- AT&T HTC One Mini in integration stage
- Verizon HTC One Max in certification stage
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 'World Of Warcraft' 6.0.3 Patch Hotfixes Update Including The Satchel Of Savage Mysteries, Zidormi In Dustwallow Marsh And The Frostwall Mines
- High-End Tablets Face-Off: Google’s Nexus 9 Versus Apple’s iPad Air 2
- ‘GTA V' Heists Release Date Update: Rockstar Confirms DLC Out In ‘Early 2015'
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ News: More On Volcanion Event And Easy To Catch Legendaries
- ‘Minecraft Story Mode’ And Update 1.6.4 Coming With Details, Brings Witches, Horses And An Interesting Trailer