Foxconn And Pegatron Corp Readies For Apple's iPhone 6 Mass Production This Month
By Karen Wong | July 22, 2014 3:15 PM EST
Apple's new iPhone 5S is displayed at an Apple shop in Tokyo's Ginza shopping district in this September 20, 2013 file photo. As the smartphone action shifts to the mass market, leaders Samsung Electronics Co Ltd and Apple Inc are under pressure to make their high-end phones more affordable to revive sales. And that may spell trouble for already-softening margins. To match Analysis SAMSUNG-ELEC/SMARTPHONES REUTERS/Yuya Shino/Files
Taiwan's Foxconn also known as Hon Hai Precision Industry Co Ltd, the world's largest contract manufacturer of electronic products, will hire 100,000 new workers for greater manufacturing of the iPhone 6. The handsets are expected to have high demand worldwide, IBN Live reports.
According to MacRumors, the company will also deploy 10,000 'Foxbot' robots to assists workers for less intensive tasks such as installing small screws and polishing, while employees will be more focused on general assembly and quality control.
Another Taiwan manufacturer - Pegatron Corp, will also be recruiting over 10,000 workers for its mainland facilities. The recruitment began this month of July for the preparation of iPhone 6 production.
According to Taiwan's Economic Daily News reports by Reuters, Hon Hai and Pegatron Corp is on hiring spree in the mainland of China to expand its workforce. Hon Hai is set to produce 70 percent of the total number of phones while Pegatron Corp will be producing the remaining 30 percent. Meanwhile, Hon Hai refused to comment on the said report.
In the previous reports of Apple Insider - Mr. Ming-Chi Kuo, KGI Security Analyst, the making of Apple's 5.5 inches iPhone 6 is facing production difficulties and could be introduced on 2015 while the production of 4.7 inches iPhone 6 is already facing production issues due to the new technology for touch panel and color aberration on the metal casing. "These problems will likely be more complicated with a larger size", he said.
MacRumors later confirmed that both the 4.7 inches iPhone 6 and 5.5 inches iPhone 6 will both be released together. Apple Inc has already fixed issues regarding production problems and both are expected to launch September this year.
The one month gap between the manufacturing processes of both handsets may state that there would be more 4.7 inches iPhone 6 released than the 5.5 inches iPhone 6.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Unofficial ‘Samsung Galaxy Alpha’ Can Now Be Purchased For $700 In The US
- Google Now v. Siri v. Cortana – Comparison Of The Three Leading Virtual Assistants
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1
- Sony Xperia E3 vs. Moto G (2014) – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown