Foxconn And Pegatron Corp Readies For Apple's iPhone 6 Mass Production This Month
By Karen Wong | July 22, 2014 3:15 PM EST
Apple's new iPhone 5S is displayed at an Apple shop in Tokyo's Ginza shopping district in this September 20, 2013 file photo. As the smartphone action shifts to the mass market, leaders Samsung Electronics Co Ltd and Apple Inc are under pressure to make their high-end phones more affordable to revive sales. And that may spell trouble for already-softening margins. To match Analysis SAMSUNG-ELEC/SMARTPHONES REUTERS/Yuya Shino/Files
Taiwan's Foxconn also known as Hon Hai Precision Industry Co Ltd, the world's largest contract manufacturer of electronic products, will hire 100,000 new workers for greater manufacturing of the iPhone 6. The handsets are expected to have high demand worldwide, IBN Live reports.
According to MacRumors, the company will also deploy 10,000 'Foxbot' robots to assists workers for less intensive tasks such as installing small screws and polishing, while employees will be more focused on general assembly and quality control.
Another Taiwan manufacturer - Pegatron Corp, will also be recruiting over 10,000 workers for its mainland facilities. The recruitment began this month of July for the preparation of iPhone 6 production.
According to Taiwan's Economic Daily News reports by Reuters, Hon Hai and Pegatron Corp is on hiring spree in the mainland of China to expand its workforce. Hon Hai is set to produce 70 percent of the total number of phones while Pegatron Corp will be producing the remaining 30 percent. Meanwhile, Hon Hai refused to comment on the said report.
In the previous reports of Apple Insider - Mr. Ming-Chi Kuo, KGI Security Analyst, the making of Apple's 5.5 inches iPhone 6 is facing production difficulties and could be introduced on 2015 while the production of 4.7 inches iPhone 6 is already facing production issues due to the new technology for touch panel and color aberration on the metal casing. "These problems will likely be more complicated with a larger size", he said.
MacRumors later confirmed that both the 4.7 inches iPhone 6 and 5.5 inches iPhone 6 will both be released together. Apple Inc has already fixed issues regarding production problems and both are expected to launch September this year.
The one month gap between the manufacturing processes of both handsets may state that there would be more 4.7 inches iPhone 6 released than the 5.5 inches iPhone 6.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Tesco Facing Crisis After Chairman Quits Citing Accounting Scandal In The Retail Giant
- Australian Federal Court Fines Reebok $350,000 & Orders Refunds For Shoe Endorsed By Miranda Kerr That Claims Unproven Health Benefits
- Sydney Software Firm Bigcommerce Teams Up With Alibaba To Beat Amazon
- Perth Call Centre Staff Bad In English And Not Philippine And Indian Counterparts, Telstra Boss Says
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation