Ian Somerhalder: Vampire Diaries Actor Dating Twilight Actress Nikki Reed, New Couple Spotted Getting Cozy in Los Angeles
By Jenalyn Villamarin | July 22, 2014 2:35 PM EST
New couple alert! "The Vampire Diaries" actor Ian Somerhalder, who portrays vampire Damon Salvatore in the CW TV series, found his new lady love in "Twilight" actress Nikki Reed, who also portrays a vampire character named Rosalie in the movie franchise. An unnamed source has confirmed that Ian, 35, and Nikki, 26, are now officially dating.
Actor Ian Somerhalder arrives at the 2014 People's Choice Awards in Los Angeles, California January 8, 2014.
Supernatural Season 10 Spoilers: EP Jeremy Carver Teases Singing and Dancing in 200th Episode, CW President Talks about Spinoff Series
Teen Wolf Season 4 Spoilers: Sneak Peek Video for Episode 5 Titled I.E.D. Reveals Assassin Violet's Next Target [WATCH]
In the exclusive Us Weekly report, the source revealed that Nikki Reed and Ian Somerhalder are dating after spending the weekend together. Ian and Nikki were photographed while they were jogging on Saturday, July 19, in Los Angeles.
The "Twilight" actress displayed her slim figure while jogging with the plunging tank top and shorts that she wore. Meanwhile, the TVD actor was wearing a V-neck shirt, jogging pants and a baseball cap during his weekend run with Nikki. Click HERE to see photos.
On Sunday afternoon, July 20, Just Jared reports the new couple was spotted together again at the Studio City Farmer's Market where Ian and Nikki got cozy with each other. The heartthrob actor was photographed placing his arms around Nikki Reed and planting kisses on the actress' cheek numerous times. Click HERE to see photos.
The source that told Us Weekly about Nikki and Ian dating further noted that the pair has been spotted as well on a dinner date last week in the San Fernando Valley. On Tuesday, July 15, the new couple was again spotted together grabbing a bite to eat at Kiwami in Studio City.
According to the Hollywood Life report, things may not get awkward between Ian's ex-girlfriend, Nina Dobrev, and Nikki Reed because the two girls are close friends. In May 2013, Ian Somerhalder and his "Vampire Diaries" co-star Nina Dobrev ended their three-year relationship.
However, Ian and Nina remain good friends and continue to work together in the CW TV series "The Vampire Diaries" as on-screen couple Damon Salvatore and Elena Gilbert. Nina Dobrev, 25, revealed in the Nylon magazine interview that there is no negativity between her and ex-boyfriend Ian Somerhalder. "I don't like any kind of negativity. I try to be good to everyone, whether it's a love, a friend, an ex. I'll always try to treat people the way I want to be treated," Dobrev stated.
As for Nikki Reed, the actress separated from her "American Idol" husband Paul McDonald in March before filing for divorce in May citing "irreconcilable differences." During Nikki's separation from her husband in March, a rep of the actress stated that Nikki and Paul will "remain best friends and look forward to their continued journey together."
More Articles to Read:
Vampire Diaries Season 6 Spoilers: 4 New Mystic Falls Characters to be Introduced in Upcoming New Season - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt Photographed Fighting Before ‘Unbroken’ Sydney Premiere – Report [VIDEO]
- Mark Ruffalo Turns Into Hulk For His Daughter And Another Preschooler
- 'NCIS Los Angeles' Season 6 Recap: Episode 9 'Traitor' Aired On Nov. 24, 2014, The Hunt For The ‘NCIS LA’ Mole Is Over [WATCH VIDEOS]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Thanksgiving Break, SAMCRO Returns In December [VIDEO]
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday Sale 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change