Destiny Beta Now into Maintenance; Xbox One Version Prepped for 1080p in Final Run
By Gel Galang | July 22, 2014 2:27 PM EST
The beta run for "Destiny" has been ongoing for the PS4 and PS3, but those on Xbox platforms only have less than a day to wait off until they can join.
Gamers play a game by Bungie Inc. at the 2014 Electronic Entertainment Expo, known as E3, in Los Angeles, California, June 10, 2014.
But recently, Bungie has closed off the beta run in lieu of maintenance, with the intention of bringing it back up on July 23 so that everyone, those on PlayStation and Xbox platforms alike, can get on the beta.
This was announced over the Bungie forums, with the addition of July 26 being a day for special rewards and surprises, starting at 2 p.m.
"Stay tuned for updates and additional news on limited time engagements like Iron Banner competition. Phase Two of the Destiny Beta will have moments you won't want to miss," said Bungie over at the official Web site.
'Destiny' on the Xbox One: 1080p Footage Now Out
With just one day of waiting for "Destiny" beta on the Xbox One, footage of the Destiny beta for the Xbox One has been featured by IGN. And the good news here is that, instead of the practical 900p resolution, it will now see a 1080p run when it releases on the Xbox One consoles on September 9.
According to IGN, the June XDK update had allowed developers to bring in more GPU horsepower from the hardware, and this is how Bungie plans on shipping "Destiny" at 1080p resolution.
The link above shows off the exclusive footage for "Destiny" on the Xbox One. But that's not all there is to the beta of "Destiny" as Major Nelson has announced over his blog that the beta will be broadcasted over Twitch from the Fashion Valley Microsoft retail store in San Diego while the SDCC 2014 is ongoing.
Those who will be dropping by the event may get the chance to get a code for the beta on "Destiny" for Xbox, if you are one of the first 100 attendees at the event on Wednesday, July 23, beginning at 5:00 p.m.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- 'World Of Warcraft' ‘The Iron Tide' 6.0.2 Patch Hotfixes Update Including New Resolved Issues Regarding Scenarios, Raids, Classes, Battlegrounds And Arenas
- Sony Xperia Z3 Launched In Japan Has 32 GB Storage Compared To 16 GB International Model
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports