Destiny Beta Now into Maintenance; Xbox One Version Prepped for 1080p in Final Run
By Gel Galang | July 22, 2014 2:27 PM EST
The beta run for "Destiny" has been ongoing for the PS4 and PS3, but those on Xbox platforms only have less than a day to wait off until they can join.
Gamers play a game by Bungie Inc. at the 2014 Electronic Entertainment Expo, known as E3, in Los Angeles, California, June 10, 2014.
Titanfall vs. Killzone: Shadow Fall: More Screenshots of the Frontier and Marked for Death or a Gassy Expansion?
But recently, Bungie has closed off the beta run in lieu of maintenance, with the intention of bringing it back up on July 23 so that everyone, those on PlayStation and Xbox platforms alike, can get on the beta.
This was announced over the Bungie forums, with the addition of July 26 being a day for special rewards and surprises, starting at 2 p.m.
"Stay tuned for updates and additional news on limited time engagements like Iron Banner competition. Phase Two of the Destiny Beta will have moments you won't want to miss," said Bungie over at the official Web site.
'Destiny' on the Xbox One: 1080p Footage Now Out
With just one day of waiting for "Destiny" beta on the Xbox One, footage of the Destiny beta for the Xbox One has been featured by IGN. And the good news here is that, instead of the practical 900p resolution, it will now see a 1080p run when it releases on the Xbox One consoles on September 9.
According to IGN, the June XDK update had allowed developers to bring in more GPU horsepower from the hardware, and this is how Bungie plans on shipping "Destiny" at 1080p resolution.
The link above shows off the exclusive footage for "Destiny" on the Xbox One. But that's not all there is to the beta of "Destiny" as Major Nelson has announced over his blog that the beta will be broadcasted over Twitch from the Fashion Valley Microsoft retail store in San Diego while the SDCC 2014 is ongoing.
Those who will be dropping by the event may get the chance to get a code for the beta on "Destiny" for Xbox, if you are one of the first 100 attendees at the event on Wednesday, July 23, beginning at 5:00 p.m.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Android L 5.0 Eligible And Ineligible Devices: Nexus Gadgets, Google Play Edition And Android One
- Know More About ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Team Aqua And Magma, Pokemon Bank and Global Link
- 'Dragon Age: Inquisition' Warrior, Rogue, Mage Gameplay And Combat Strategies
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ And ‘Rogue’ Updates: More Revealed For Co-Op, Collector’s Edition And Possible PC Debut
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Release Dates Set To Hit 3 Areas As Early As September
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS