Destiny Beta Now into Maintenance; Xbox One Version Prepped for 1080p in Final Run
By Gel Galang | July 22, 2014 2:27 PM EST
The beta run for "Destiny" has been ongoing for the PS4 and PS3, but those on Xbox platforms only have less than a day to wait off until they can join.
Gamers play a game by Bungie Inc. at the 2014 Electronic Entertainment Expo, known as E3, in Los Angeles, California, June 10, 2014.
But recently, Bungie has closed off the beta run in lieu of maintenance, with the intention of bringing it back up on July 23 so that everyone, those on PlayStation and Xbox platforms alike, can get on the beta.
This was announced over the Bungie forums, with the addition of July 26 being a day for special rewards and surprises, starting at 2 p.m.
"Stay tuned for updates and additional news on limited time engagements like Iron Banner competition. Phase Two of the Destiny Beta will have moments you won't want to miss," said Bungie over at the official Web site.
'Destiny' on the Xbox One: 1080p Footage Now Out
With just one day of waiting for "Destiny" beta on the Xbox One, footage of the Destiny beta for the Xbox One has been featured by IGN. And the good news here is that, instead of the practical 900p resolution, it will now see a 1080p run when it releases on the Xbox One consoles on September 9.
According to IGN, the June XDK update had allowed developers to bring in more GPU horsepower from the hardware, and this is how Bungie plans on shipping "Destiny" at 1080p resolution.
The link above shows off the exclusive footage for "Destiny" on the Xbox One. But that's not all there is to the beta of "Destiny" as Major Nelson has announced over his blog that the beta will be broadcasted over Twitch from the Fashion Valley Microsoft retail store in San Diego while the SDCC 2014 is ongoing.
Those who will be dropping by the event may get the chance to get a code for the beta on "Destiny" for Xbox, if you are one of the first 100 attendees at the event on Wednesday, July 23, beginning at 5:00 p.m.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Update Roundup: HTC, Google, LG, Motorola, Xolo, OnePlus, Samsung And Sony Upgrade Plans
- Sony Teases PS4 2.0 System Software Update As Sony Xperia Z2 And Z2 Tablet Get Remote Play
- ‘GTA V’ 1.18 Update: Heists, Zombies, Hydra Jets DLC Seemingly Possible
- ‘Destiny’ ‘The Dark Below’ DLC: XP Boosters, New Armours Revealed, Atheon Fixes
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby And Alpha Sapphire’ Updates; PokeNav And Pokemon Halloween Detailed
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu