Prince William Takes Pilot Job, Postpones Royal Duties--- Report
By Tanya Diente | July 22, 2014 1:58 PM EST
Prince William is reportedly hands off on royal duties for now as he prepares to enter into his regular day job as an air ambulance helicopter pilot.
Britain's Prince William plants poppy seeds with children during a visit to the Coventry War Memorial Park, in Coventry July 16, 2014.
The Duke of Cambridge is said to report four days a week with three days off for his new job in September. After the needed training, Daily Mail reported he will get an annual salary of about $68,319 (£40,000).
Prince William would then be temporarily postponing his royal duties as he starts his pilot work with the East Anglian Air Ambulance. This would also mean more family time with Kate Middleton and their son Prince George since the said ambulance's airbase is reportedly near Anmer Hall.
Sources claimed as soon as Prince William starts with his regular job, the royal family would then be spending more time in the cottage home on the Queen's Sandringham estate.
As IBTimes previously reported, Kate Middleton and Prince William initially wanted to move to Anmer Hall since it is an ideal place to raise Prince George. The quiet setting of the estate plus its vast gardens would be a good place for their son to enjoy a carefree childhood. Prince William reportedly also wants his son to enjoy a rural childhood, which he himself had experienced during his stay at various royal country residences.
But a royal aide had then confirmed that the royal couple will remain at their 21-room apartment in Kensington Palace until Prince William is given the title "Prince of Wales." They would also remain at their renovated apartment in the palace until the Duke of Cambridge becomes heir to the throne.
The couple reportedly spent around £4 million ($6,807,980) of government money in renovating their apartment. Prince Harry along with Kate Middleton and Prince William also spent another undisclosed amount when they moved their things to Kensington Palace from St. James Palace.
That aside, a lot of work effort done in refurbishing their apartment would go to waste if ever they decide to move to Anmer Hall.
Palace officials have yet to comment on the status of Prince William's royal duties as he starts his regular day job of piloting helicopters to rescue sick and injured people.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- ‘America's Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Winner: Betting Odds And Judges Predict Who Could Win The Finals
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Trial’s Second Week: TPB Founder’s Co-Defendant Answers Questions Plus Jacob Appelbaum Appears
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date