Prince William Takes Pilot Job, Postpones Royal Duties--- Report
By Tanya Diente | July 22, 2014 1:58 PM EST
Prince William is reportedly hands off on royal duties for now as he prepares to enter into his regular day job as an air ambulance helicopter pilot.
Britain's Prince William plants poppy seeds with children during a visit to the Coventry War Memorial Park, in Coventry July 16, 2014.
The Duke of Cambridge is said to report four days a week with three days off for his new job in September. After the needed training, Daily Mail reported he will get an annual salary of about $68,319 (£40,000).
Prince William would then be temporarily postponing his royal duties as he starts his pilot work with the East Anglian Air Ambulance. This would also mean more family time with Kate Middleton and their son Prince George since the said ambulance's airbase is reportedly near Anmer Hall.
Sources claimed as soon as Prince William starts with his regular job, the royal family would then be spending more time in the cottage home on the Queen's Sandringham estate.
As IBTimes previously reported, Kate Middleton and Prince William initially wanted to move to Anmer Hall since it is an ideal place to raise Prince George. The quiet setting of the estate plus its vast gardens would be a good place for their son to enjoy a carefree childhood. Prince William reportedly also wants his son to enjoy a rural childhood, which he himself had experienced during his stay at various royal country residences.
But a royal aide had then confirmed that the royal couple will remain at their 21-room apartment in Kensington Palace until Prince William is given the title "Prince of Wales." They would also remain at their renovated apartment in the palace until the Duke of Cambridge becomes heir to the throne.
The couple reportedly spent around £4 million ($6,807,980) of government money in renovating their apartment. Prince Harry along with Kate Middleton and Prince William also spent another undisclosed amount when they moved their things to Kensington Palace from St. James Palace.
That aside, a lot of work effort done in refurbishing their apartment would go to waste if ever they decide to move to Anmer Hall.
Palace officials have yet to comment on the status of Prince William's royal duties as he starts his regular day job of piloting helicopters to rescue sick and injured people.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 4 New Zealand Promo: Beth Greene’s Brave Side In 'Slabtown'
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2