Prince William Takes Pilot Job, Postpones Royal Duties--- Report
By Tanya Diente | July 22, 2014 1:58 PM EST
Prince William is reportedly hands off on royal duties for now as he prepares to enter into his regular day job as an air ambulance helicopter pilot.
Britain's Prince William plants poppy seeds with children during a visit to the Coventry War Memorial Park, in Coventry July 16, 2014.
The Duke of Cambridge is said to report four days a week with three days off for his new job in September. After the needed training, Daily Mail reported he will get an annual salary of about $68,319 (£40,000).
Prince William would then be temporarily postponing his royal duties as he starts his pilot work with the East Anglian Air Ambulance. This would also mean more family time with Kate Middleton and their son Prince George since the said ambulance's airbase is reportedly near Anmer Hall.
Sources claimed as soon as Prince William starts with his regular job, the royal family would then be spending more time in the cottage home on the Queen's Sandringham estate.
As IBTimes previously reported, Kate Middleton and Prince William initially wanted to move to Anmer Hall since it is an ideal place to raise Prince George. The quiet setting of the estate plus its vast gardens would be a good place for their son to enjoy a carefree childhood. Prince William reportedly also wants his son to enjoy a rural childhood, which he himself had experienced during his stay at various royal country residences.
But a royal aide had then confirmed that the royal couple will remain at their 21-room apartment in Kensington Palace until Prince William is given the title "Prince of Wales." They would also remain at their renovated apartment in the palace until the Duke of Cambridge becomes heir to the throne.
The couple reportedly spent around £4 million ($6,807,980) of government money in renovating their apartment. Prince Harry along with Kate Middleton and Prince William also spent another undisclosed amount when they moved their things to Kensington Palace from St. James Palace.
That aside, a lot of work effort done in refurbishing their apartment would go to waste if ever they decide to move to Anmer Hall.
Palace officials have yet to comment on the status of Prince William's royal duties as he starts his regular day job of piloting helicopters to rescue sick and injured people.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 2 Major Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Strangers’
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage