Prince William Takes Pilot Job, Postpones Royal Duties--- Report
By Tanya Diente | July 22, 2014 1:58 PM EST
Prince William is reportedly hands off on royal duties for now as he prepares to enter into his regular day job as an air ambulance helicopter pilot.
Britain's Prince William plants poppy seeds with children during a visit to the Coventry War Memorial Park, in Coventry July 16, 2014.
The Duke of Cambridge is said to report four days a week with three days off for his new job in September. After the needed training, Daily Mail reported he will get an annual salary of about $68,319 (£40,000).
Prince William would then be temporarily postponing his royal duties as he starts his pilot work with the East Anglian Air Ambulance. This would also mean more family time with Kate Middleton and their son Prince George since the said ambulance's airbase is reportedly near Anmer Hall.
Sources claimed as soon as Prince William starts with his regular job, the royal family would then be spending more time in the cottage home on the Queen's Sandringham estate.
As IBTimes previously reported, Kate Middleton and Prince William initially wanted to move to Anmer Hall since it is an ideal place to raise Prince George. The quiet setting of the estate plus its vast gardens would be a good place for their son to enjoy a carefree childhood. Prince William reportedly also wants his son to enjoy a rural childhood, which he himself had experienced during his stay at various royal country residences.
But a royal aide had then confirmed that the royal couple will remain at their 21-room apartment in Kensington Palace until Prince William is given the title "Prince of Wales." They would also remain at their renovated apartment in the palace until the Duke of Cambridge becomes heir to the throne.
The couple reportedly spent around £4 million ($6,807,980) of government money in renovating their apartment. Prince Harry along with Kate Middleton and Prince William also spent another undisclosed amount when they moved their things to Kensington Palace from St. James Palace.
That aside, a lot of work effort done in refurbishing their apartment would go to waste if ever they decide to move to Anmer Hall.
Palace officials have yet to comment on the status of Prince William's royal duties as he starts his regular day job of piloting helicopters to rescue sick and injured people.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Filming Spoilers: Beardless Rick Grimes Seems To Be On The Set
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 1, 2014: Hope Reveals Something To Wyatt And Katie Almost Loses A Loved One [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘Orange is the New Black Story’ Season 3 Update: New Corrections Officer To Be Introduced, Likely To Take Pornstache's Position At Litchfield Penitentiary
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Season 2 Preview: Someone Drops The L Bomb, Marriage Proposal In Season Finale
- “American Horror Story” Season 4 Spoilers: Emma Roberts' Maggie And Evan Peters’ Jimmy Darling To Be In A Romantic Relationship
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build