HTC Desire 816 vs. Sony Xperia Z Ultra Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
By Sachin Trivedi | July 22, 2014 1:53 PM EST
For readers who are considering buying the HTC Desire 816 or the Sony Xperia Z Ultra, here is a specs and price comparison between the two devices in Australia. The comparison could help readers make an informed decision.
Display and Design
The HTC Desire 816 comes with a 5.5-inch Super LCD2 capacitive touch screen, rendering 720 x 1280 pixels resolution. The Sony Xperia Z Ultra comes with a 6.4-inch capacitive touch screen, rendering 1080 x 1920 pixels resolution.
The Z Ultra is the clear winner in this category with 344 ppi pixels display density compared to the 267 ppi pixels display density on the Desire 816.
The HTC Desire 816 comes with 156.6 x 78.7 x 7.9 mm dimensions and weighs 165 grams. The Sony Xperia Z Ultra comes with 179.4 x 92.2 x 6.5 mm dimensions and weighs 212 grams.
Hardware and Operating System
The HTC Desire 816 is equipped with a 1.6 GHz quad core Cortex A7 processor and Qualcomm MSM8928 Snapdragon 400 chipset. It comes with 8 GB of internal memory, which can be expanded by up to 128 GB using a Micro SD card.
The Sony Xperia Z Ultra is equipped with a 2.2 GHz quad core Krait 400 processor and Qualcomm MSM8974 Snapdragon 800 chipset. It comes with 16 GB of internal memory, which can be expanded by up to 64 GB using a Micro SD card.
The HTC Desire 816 runs on the Android KitKat operating system and has 1.5 GB of RAM. The Sony Xperia Z Ultra runs on the Android Jelly Bean operating system, which can be upgraded to the KitKat version. The device has 2 GB of RAM. In terms of computing power the Z Ultra is the clear winner between the two devices.
The HTC Desire 816 sports a 13 MP primary camera with autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 5 MP. The Sony Xperia Z Ultra sports an 8 MP primary camera with autofocus. The secondary camera on the device is 2 MP.
The HTC Desire 816 comes with a non-removable Li-Po 2600 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 21 hours on 3G. The Sony Xperia Z Ultra comes with a non-removable Li-Ion 3050 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 16 hours on 3G.
Price in Australia
The HTC Desire 816 Dual SIM is priced at around AU $379.95 and the Sony Xperia Z Ultra 4G LTE is priced at around AU $409.95 in Australia.
OnePlus One vs. Oppo Find 7 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia [Read]
HTC Desire 616 vs. Motorola Moto G Specs and Price Comparison in Australia [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Rocks Semi-Nude Balmain Lattice Dress At Paris Fashion Week [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- More ‘FIFA 15’ Issues Found in Companion App And Luis Suarez Ban; A PS4 Physical Disc Bundle Spotted
- Get Invite Codes to Ello the Social Networking Site That Is Viral On the Internet
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby And Alpha Sapphire’ Demo Distribution Method For Australia Revealed, More Info Coming
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ And ‘Rogue’: New Trailer Shows Off Customisation As Rogue PC Version Gets Spotted In UPlay
- 'Super Smash Bros' For Nintendo 3DS XL Can Hamper Gaming Experience Due To More Resistant Circle Pad
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate