HTC Desire 816 vs. Sony Xperia Z Ultra Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
By Sachin Trivedi | July 22, 2014 1:53 PM EST
For readers who are considering buying the HTC Desire 816 or the Sony Xperia Z Ultra, here is a specs and price comparison between the two devices in Australia. The comparison could help readers make an informed decision.
Display and Design
The HTC Desire 816 comes with a 5.5-inch Super LCD2 capacitive touch screen, rendering 720 x 1280 pixels resolution. The Sony Xperia Z Ultra comes with a 6.4-inch capacitive touch screen, rendering 1080 x 1920 pixels resolution.
The Z Ultra is the clear winner in this category with 344 ppi pixels display density compared to the 267 ppi pixels display density on the Desire 816.
The HTC Desire 816 comes with 156.6 x 78.7 x 7.9 mm dimensions and weighs 165 grams. The Sony Xperia Z Ultra comes with 179.4 x 92.2 x 6.5 mm dimensions and weighs 212 grams.
Hardware and Operating System
The HTC Desire 816 is equipped with a 1.6 GHz quad core Cortex A7 processor and Qualcomm MSM8928 Snapdragon 400 chipset. It comes with 8 GB of internal memory, which can be expanded by up to 128 GB using a Micro SD card.
The Sony Xperia Z Ultra is equipped with a 2.2 GHz quad core Krait 400 processor and Qualcomm MSM8974 Snapdragon 800 chipset. It comes with 16 GB of internal memory, which can be expanded by up to 64 GB using a Micro SD card.
The HTC Desire 816 runs on the Android KitKat operating system and has 1.5 GB of RAM. The Sony Xperia Z Ultra runs on the Android Jelly Bean operating system, which can be upgraded to the KitKat version. The device has 2 GB of RAM. In terms of computing power the Z Ultra is the clear winner between the two devices.
The HTC Desire 816 sports a 13 MP primary camera with autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 5 MP. The Sony Xperia Z Ultra sports an 8 MP primary camera with autofocus. The secondary camera on the device is 2 MP.
The HTC Desire 816 comes with a non-removable Li-Po 2600 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 21 hours on 3G. The Sony Xperia Z Ultra comes with a non-removable Li-Ion 3050 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 16 hours on 3G.
Price in Australia
The HTC Desire 816 Dual SIM is priced at around AU $379.95 and the Sony Xperia Z Ultra 4G LTE is priced at around AU $409.95 in Australia.
OnePlus One vs. Oppo Find 7 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia [Read]
HTC Desire 616 vs. Motorola Moto G Specs and Price Comparison in Australia [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- 'The Sims 4' Mac Version: Bugs, Missing Elements Players Must Be Prepared Of
- 'Destiny' vs. 'Titanfall': New Legendary Gears Spotted And Update 8 Features Detailed
- 'World Of Warcraft' ‘The Iron Tide' 6.0.2 Patch Hotfixes Update Including New Resolved Issues Regarding Scenarios, Raids, Classes, Battlegrounds And Arenas
- How To Play 4K Graphics Quality On 1080p Games With Any Monitor Using NVIDIA Graphics Cards
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions