PS4 News: Developments for Uncharted 4, The Last of Us Remastered and a Possible New PS4/PS Vita Game
By Gel Galang | July 22, 2014 1:25 PM EST
"Uncharted 4: A Thief's End" is looking at 1080p/60FPS run, a goal that Naughty Dog has had for all of its PS4 titles to date.
A PlayStation 4 controller is displayed at the 2014 Electronic Entertainment Expo, known as E3, in Los Angeles, California, June 11, 2014.
This comes from an interview with Arne Meyer, community strategist for Naughty Dog via Eurogamer, where it was confirmed that the game is already stable. Because of experimentations and the results that were seen for "The Last of Us Remastered," another one of Naughty Dog's projects with the PS4, 1080p/60FPS is now also targeted for "Uncharted 4: A Thief's End."
"I think that's what we want to push for with anything we're doing on this generation," said Meyer. "That's sort of the mandate from when we were building the PS4 engine. Let's see if we can do this and hit it. We hit it with The Last of Us Remastered, so why not stick with this?"
Considering that "Uncharted 4: A Thief's End" is still looking at a 2015 release date, there's still plenty of time for the developers to ensure that the game runs smoothly.
Photo Mode for "The Last of Us Remastered" Spotted
A lot is coming to "The Last of Us Remastered" on the PS4, and just now it was confirmed that the Photo Mode will be debuting with the game as a day-one patch. This will push the total installation requirement to 50GB.
For those who have also played one of the PS4's biggest games, "inFamous: Second Son," photo mode is not a new thing, as this mode has been used quite a lot in the game.
"One of the things that we wanted to include was the share mode, especially after we saw the reaction for the inFamous photo mode," said Meyer in an interview quoted by GameZone.
The Photo Mode has been used in "inFamous Second Son" and has been quite the favorite for sharing scenic landscapes in the game via social media.
Gamezone reports that apart from the photo mode, "The Last of Us Remastered" will also be getting a full-length documentary, which will showcase the creation of the game.
'The Unfinished Swan' to Debut on PS4/PS Vita
The PS4 is not lacking in great games, and it seems that another one is making its debut for the PS4 and PS Vita.
"The Unfinished Swan," which first made its debut on the PS3, has been spotted for the PS4 ad PS Vita via the Game Rating Board in Korea. While this hasn't made any official announcements from Sony, "The Unfinished Swan" has been making its rounds of rumours that it would be heading to the next-gen and handheld consoles of Sony.
According to Joystiq, "the Unfinished Swan," which is a puzzler game that has been highly praised on the PS3, has been recommended and praised by a lot of players. This may be one of the reasons why its debut on the PS4 is not all that impossible. Still, it's best to take this with a grain of salt until a statement has been delivered by Sony or developer Giant Sparrow.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'Dragon Age Keep' Guide: How To Use And Set Up Background Story For 'Dragon Age Inquisition'
- Motorola Droid Turbo vs. Samsung Galaxy S5: Apps And Services, Camera Features, Battery Life And Durability
- Google Nexus 6 Sold-Out Inventory: Android 5.0, Motorola-Nexus Branding, Network Carriers, Competitive Price
- ‘Destiny': Apocalypse-Themed Sparrows, Pumpkin Head Weapons As Contents For Halloween
- The Xperia Z3: A Review On Sony’s New Flagship
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles