Kendall Marshall is Milwaukee Bucks' Newest Acquisition, Los Angeles Lakers Stick with Nick Young and Jordan Hill
By Dana Alyssa Ramos | July 22, 2014 1:20 PM EST
Milwaukee Bucks claimed Kendall Marshall off the waivers after being released by the Los Angeles Lakers, which preferred to re-sign free agents Nick Young and Jordan Hill, who previously agreed to verbal agreements to contracts worth $18 million and $21.5 million, respectively.
The Milwaukee Bucks is picking up Kendall Marshall's $915,243 salary for the season and he is now the latest addition to the roster that also features 2014 NBA Draft second overall pick Jabari Parker, promising big man Larry Sanders and forward Giannis Antetokounmpo, guard Brandon Knight plus veterans OJ Mayo and Ersan Illyasova.
"ESPN sources say Bucks will be clamining Kendall Marshall off waivers as soon as possible, forooiling Lakers' plans of re-signing @KButter5," Marc Stein tweeted.
Marshall had a solid season last year and appeared in 54 games for the L.A. Lakers, with an average of 8.0 points, 8.8 assists, 2.9 rebounds per game. He is expected to crack the PG-rotation for the team and will most likely serve as a back-up to Knight, who led the team in scoring (17.9 PPG) and assists (4.9 APG) in the 2013-2014 season.
The Bucks continue their rebuilding mode and the current roster not a finished product. Ilyasova has drawn interest from other teams while Mayo is on the trading block to pave the way for major minutes for Parker, who has superstar potential. Milwaukee also has a new coach in Jason Kidd, previously with the Brooklyn Nets.
The Bucks had the worst record in the league in the 2013-2014 NBA season with just 15 wins against 67 losses. Despite the atrocious mark they still failed to get the overall number one pick but still lucked out in landing Parker, one of the best prospects in the 2014 NBA Draft.
Marshall is by no means a star in the league but could be a vital cog for the Bucks, which will aim for a playoff spot after consecutive disappointing seasons.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Chelsea FC: Mourinho Hints Cesc Fabregas Could Succeed John Terry As Club Captain
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions