Kendall Marshall is Milwaukee Bucks' Newest Acquisition, Los Angeles Lakers Stick with Nick Young and Jordan Hill
By Dana Alyssa Ramos | July 22, 2014 1:20 PM EST
Milwaukee Bucks claimed Kendall Marshall off the waivers after being released by the Los Angeles Lakers, which preferred to re-sign free agents Nick Young and Jordan Hill, who previously agreed to verbal agreements to contracts worth $18 million and $21.5 million, respectively.
The Milwaukee Bucks is picking up Kendall Marshall's $915,243 salary for the season and he is now the latest addition to the roster that also features 2014 NBA Draft second overall pick Jabari Parker, promising big man Larry Sanders and forward Giannis Antetokounmpo, guard Brandon Knight plus veterans OJ Mayo and Ersan Illyasova.
"ESPN sources say Bucks will be clamining Kendall Marshall off waivers as soon as possible, forooiling Lakers' plans of re-signing @KButter5," Marc Stein tweeted.
Marshall had a solid season last year and appeared in 54 games for the L.A. Lakers, with an average of 8.0 points, 8.8 assists, 2.9 rebounds per game. He is expected to crack the PG-rotation for the team and will most likely serve as a back-up to Knight, who led the team in scoring (17.9 PPG) and assists (4.9 APG) in the 2013-2014 season.
The Bucks continue their rebuilding mode and the current roster not a finished product. Ilyasova has drawn interest from other teams while Mayo is on the trading block to pave the way for major minutes for Parker, who has superstar potential. Milwaukee also has a new coach in Jason Kidd, previously with the Brooklyn Nets.
The Bucks had the worst record in the league in the 2013-2014 NBA season with just 15 wins against 67 losses. Despite the atrocious mark they still failed to get the overall number one pick but still lucked out in landing Parker, one of the best prospects in the 2014 NBA Draft.
Marshall is by no means a star in the league but could be a vital cog for the Bucks, which will aim for a playoff spot after consecutive disappointing seasons.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Expecting A Baby Boy For The Second Time Around – Reports [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 4: San Francisco Giants 11, Kansas City Royals 4 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao KO Of Chris Algieri Will ‘Shut Up’ Floyd Mayweather Jr. Declares Freddie Roach
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles