Rory McIlroy's British Open Win Inspired by Romance With Nadia Forde--- Report
By Tanya Diente | July 22, 2014 1:19 PM EST
Rory McIlroy's victory at the recent British Open Championship is reportedly not all because of his skills and talent at the sport. A report claimed his driving force to win came from a blossoming romance with Nadia Forde.
Rory McIlroy of Northern Ireland kisses the Claret Jug after winning the British Open Championship at the Royal Liverpool Golf Club in Hoylake, northern England July 20, 2014.
Daily Mail suggested the golf star seems to be getting very close to Irish lingerie model Nadia Forde ever since they were introduced by common acquaintances last year. Although the pair has remained mum on the status of their "relationship," McIlroy may have just proven that his intentions go far beyond friendship.
The 25-year old reportedly missed a practice session before the British Open started. Instead he opted to tend to Forde after learning that she was rushed to the hospital following a car crash.
Nadia Forde was left with minor bruises and a bump to her head when her Fiat 500 crashed into the central reservation on the M40 in Warwickshire this weekend. Her car reportedly flipped six times before it crash-landed. The 25-year old model was reportedly driving to Manchester from London.
After the crash Rory was quoted to have said, "If anyone is involved in a car crash you are glad to see they are OK but yeah, obviously, it was a pretty scary incident."
Earlier this month, the pair were reportedly also spotted getting cozy with each other in a Dublin bar, sparking rumours of a possible romance.
Nadia Forde on the other hand only has kind words for Rory McIlroy, whom she described as a "lovely guy."
"The bottom line with me and Rory is we have mutual friends who introduced us and we've been in each other's company," she said.
Nadia Forde, who is also an actress and singer, claimed she doesn't look for any particular type of man. But claimed it's a "massive turn-on" to meet someone who is ambitious and hard-working, and also someone who is "a bit of a cheeky chappie" who makes her laugh.
"A guy with a twinkle in his eye," she said.
Forde said it's not about the looks but the person's character.
"I think whoever I end up with I will be friends with first," she added.
Rory McIlroy previously dated tennis player Caroline Wozniacki and almost made it to the wedding isle. But as IBTimes previously reported, he broke their engagement just days after the wedding invites were sent. The couple's relationship was publicly followed by their supporters on Twitter since they dated in 2011. When news of their split in 2013 spread online, Wozniacki's friends, including tennis champ Serena Williams, was all out support for the devastated player. Rory claimed the separation was "mutual."
Source: YouTube/Nadia Forde Official
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- Female Boxer Dies In South Africa Following Knockout Blow
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy