Michael Schumacher To Undergo Brain Implant To Make Him Talk and Walk Soon --- Report
By Tanya Diente | July 22, 2014 1:13 PM EST
Injured Formula One race car driver Michael Schumacher might be able to walk and talk soon as reports claimed he is to be a recipient of a microchip brain implant that will speed up his recovery.
Sauber Formula One driver Adrian Sutil of Germany leaves the track after having technical problems with his car during the German F1 Grand Prix at the Hockenheim racing circuit, July 20, 2014. July 20, 2014. Nico Rosberg won his home German Grand Prix for Mercedes on Sunday and his team mate Lewis Hamilton finished third after starting in 20th place. Finland's Valtteri Bottas took second place for Williams.
Croatian neurosurgeons were reportedly approached by Michael's family about the possibility of a microchip brain implant. According to Daily Mail, the implant is said to help the driver recover faster after waking up from coma last month. Currently paralysed and barely able to talk, the technique may be able to help Michael get back on his feet again and verbally communicate.
The revolutionised implanting technique is developed by Croatian doctors from the Zagreb capital, Doctors Darko Chudy and Vedran Deletis. They were reportedly approached after news on the success of the implant reached specialist publications.
"We've had a case with Croat schoolboy and he started to walk after two months," Doctor Darko Chudy was quoted to have confirmed the success during a brief interview.
According to Austriantimes, the microchip implant reportedly works by inducing a deep stimulation into the brain. The technique had reportedly cured four patients who suffered the same condition as the driver.
Doctor Darko Chudy reportedly confirmed Michael Schumacher's family had approached them however refused to divulge further details on the matter. Although he believes their technique will greatly help tthe driver.
Meanwhile, Michael is reportedly showing progress while recuperating in a Lausanne rehab clinic. A Swiss publication has reportedly claimed the former F1 driver could be released from the clinic before the summer ends.
Schumacher was transferred to the Lausanne rehab from a hospital in Grenoble, France, to be close to his family home in Switzerland.
Swiss newspaper SonntagsBlick reported Michael is showing signs that he will be able to leave the clinic soon so he could continue his health care at his home.
Michael Schumacher's wife, Corrina, and his family have reportedly spent a lot of money in renovating parts of their mansion in Gland into health care units. These units would serve as his medical centre since it's complete with high tech healthcare machines. Caregivers were also given extra rooms.
SonntagsBlick reported the family even constructed a new building outside the grounds of the mansion. The building is said to be bare of any outside steps, hinting that it would be where Michael Schumacher, wheel-chair bound, would live while being home treated.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- ESPN Anchor Skip Bayless Says Floyd Mayweather Jr Will Not Fight Manny Pacquiao Because Undefeated Fighter Is ‘Afraid To Lose’
- Chris Algieri Exposed, Criticised For Lack Of Desire To Win Against Manny Pacquiao
- Arum Says Pacquiao's Victory vs Algieri May Cause Mayweather To Say ‘No’ To Dream Match
- Boxing News: Manny Pacquiao 'Ready' To Fight Floyd Mayweather In 2015 Following Algieri Win
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports