Michael Schumacher To Undergo Brain Implant To Make Him Talk and Walk Soon --- Report
By Tanya Diente | July 22, 2014 1:13 PM EST
Injured Formula One race car driver Michael Schumacher might be able to walk and talk soon as reports claimed he is to be a recipient of a microchip brain implant that will speed up his recovery.
Sauber Formula One driver Adrian Sutil of Germany leaves the track after having technical problems with his car during the German F1 Grand Prix at the Hockenheim racing circuit, July 20, 2014. July 20, 2014. Nico Rosberg won his home German Grand Prix for Mercedes on Sunday and his team mate Lewis Hamilton finished third after starting in 20th place. Finland's Valtteri Bottas took second place for Williams.
Croatian neurosurgeons were reportedly approached by Michael's family about the possibility of a microchip brain implant. According to Daily Mail, the implant is said to help the driver recover faster after waking up from coma last month. Currently paralysed and barely able to talk, the technique may be able to help Michael get back on his feet again and verbally communicate.
The revolutionised implanting technique is developed by Croatian doctors from the Zagreb capital, Doctors Darko Chudy and Vedran Deletis. They were reportedly approached after news on the success of the implant reached specialist publications.
"We've had a case with Croat schoolboy and he started to walk after two months," Doctor Darko Chudy was quoted to have confirmed the success during a brief interview.
According to Austriantimes, the microchip implant reportedly works by inducing a deep stimulation into the brain. The technique had reportedly cured four patients who suffered the same condition as the driver.
Doctor Darko Chudy reportedly confirmed Michael Schumacher's family had approached them however refused to divulge further details on the matter. Although he believes their technique will greatly help tthe driver.
Meanwhile, Michael is reportedly showing progress while recuperating in a Lausanne rehab clinic. A Swiss publication has reportedly claimed the former F1 driver could be released from the clinic before the summer ends.
Schumacher was transferred to the Lausanne rehab from a hospital in Grenoble, France, to be close to his family home in Switzerland.
Swiss newspaper SonntagsBlick reported Michael is showing signs that he will be able to leave the clinic soon so he could continue his health care at his home.
Michael Schumacher's wife, Corrina, and his family have reportedly spent a lot of money in renovating parts of their mansion in Gland into health care units. These units would serve as his medical centre since it's complete with high tech healthcare machines. Caregivers were also given extra rooms.
SonntagsBlick reported the family even constructed a new building outside the grounds of the mansion. The building is said to be bare of any outside steps, hinting that it would be where Michael Schumacher, wheel-chair bound, would live while being home treated.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Serena Williams Swagger Back After US Open - Mark Hodgkinson
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Manny Pacquiao Is The Greatest Fighter That Ever Lived Declares Magician David Blaine
- Evander Holyfield Says That He Didn’t Make Comments About Floyd Mayweather Fighting With Manny Pacquiao
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best