Game of Thrones Season 5 Updates: Maisie Williams Revealed Everything is Top Secret
By Riza Ornos | July 22, 2014 1:09 PM EST
Best known for her role as Arya Stark in HBO's epic fantasy series "Game of Thrones," Maisie Williams recently revealed that everything in season 5 is top secret. The 17-year-old actress is very careful not to say anything as the whole cast and crew are maintaining the mystery and anticipation for the show's fifth season.
Actress Maisie Williams from the HBO series "Game of Thrones", arrives at the AFI Awards 2013 honoring excellence in film and television in Beverly Hills, California January 10, 2014.
"Everything is top secret," she told the Daily Star. "There was a rumour we would get the scripts last week but we didn't. We usually get them for two or three episodes at a time, so I always flick through them straight away."
"We've done well so far as nothing has ever been massively leaked," she added.
Maisie's character Arya was last seen sailing off into the distance after she left the Hound who was begging her to end his life. With the use of her silver coin that Jagen H'ghar gave her along with the Valyrian phrase "Valar Morghulis," she gained passage on the Titan's Daughter, a ship that will lead her to the city of Braavos.
Some fans are also speculating if Arya will get the chance to see her direwolf Nymeria now that she is on her way to Braavos. Back in season 1, the youngest of Stark children was forced to send Nymeria away because of Cersie Lannister (Lena Heady) when the direwolf attacked Joffrey Barathen (Jack Gleeson).
With GOT season 5 filming slated to start up again this fall, Entertainment Weekly revealed that there are five new directors for the upcoming season and each will be charged of helming two episodes for next year's premiere. David Nutter who directed the infamous "The Rains of Castamere" or better known as the "Red Wedding" will be back in this year's mix. He will return to helm season 5's ever-crucial ninth episode and the season's finale.
Showrunners David Benioff and Dan Weiss, who previously directed one episodes on each seasons will be taking a break for season 5. Directors Alex Graves, who directed four episodes on season 4 and Neil Marshall who won an Emmy nomination for his work in "The Watchers on the Wall" (The Battle of Castle Black) will also take a break and give way to the new set of directors.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘America’s Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Finale Performance Episode Recap, Spoilers: 6 Finalists Perform Their Last Acts To Win Finals
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Winner Predictions: Fellow Contestants And Betting Odds Predict Who Could Win Mirror Ball Trophy
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Update: Skyler Samuels Roped In To Play Pivotal Role, Extended Teaser Released [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson And FKA Twigs Romance: Singer’s Twitter Post Sparks Pregnancy Reports Speculating The Couple Is Expecting Their First Baby
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Nine Moments From Episode 1, The Locomotion Interruption
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet
- Spice Dream Uno vs Xiaomi Redmi 1S: Android One Smartphone to Challenge The Existing Budget Friendly Smartphone
- iPhone 6 Plus Phablet Features Only 1 GB RAM