Game of Thrones Season 5 Updates: Maisie Williams Revealed Everything is Top Secret
By Riza Ornos | July 22, 2014 1:09 PM EST
Best known for her role as Arya Stark in HBO's epic fantasy series "Game of Thrones," Maisie Williams recently revealed that everything in season 5 is top secret. The 17-year-old actress is very careful not to say anything as the whole cast and crew are maintaining the mystery and anticipation for the show's fifth season.
Actress Maisie Williams from the HBO series "Game of Thrones", arrives at the AFI Awards 2013 honoring excellence in film and television in Beverly Hills, California January 10, 2014.
"Everything is top secret," she told the Daily Star. "There was a rumour we would get the scripts last week but we didn't. We usually get them for two or three episodes at a time, so I always flick through them straight away."
"We've done well so far as nothing has ever been massively leaked," she added.
Maisie's character Arya was last seen sailing off into the distance after she left the Hound who was begging her to end his life. With the use of her silver coin that Jagen H'ghar gave her along with the Valyrian phrase "Valar Morghulis," she gained passage on the Titan's Daughter, a ship that will lead her to the city of Braavos.
Some fans are also speculating if Arya will get the chance to see her direwolf Nymeria now that she is on her way to Braavos. Back in season 1, the youngest of Stark children was forced to send Nymeria away because of Cersie Lannister (Lena Heady) when the direwolf attacked Joffrey Barathen (Jack Gleeson).
With GOT season 5 filming slated to start up again this fall, Entertainment Weekly revealed that there are five new directors for the upcoming season and each will be charged of helming two episodes for next year's premiere. David Nutter who directed the infamous "The Rains of Castamere" or better known as the "Red Wedding" will be back in this year's mix. He will return to helm season 5's ever-crucial ninth episode and the season's finale.
Showrunners David Benioff and Dan Weiss, who previously directed one episodes on each seasons will be taking a break for season 5. Directors Alex Graves, who directed four episodes on season 4 and Neil Marshall who won an Emmy nomination for his work in "The Watchers on the Wall" (The Battle of Castle Black) will also take a break and give way to the new set of directors.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28