Game of Thrones Season 5 Updates: Maisie Williams Revealed Everything is Top Secret
By Riza Ornos | July 22, 2014 1:09 PM EST
Best known for her role as Arya Stark in HBO's epic fantasy series "Game of Thrones," Maisie Williams recently revealed that everything in season 5 is top secret. The 17-year-old actress is very careful not to say anything as the whole cast and crew are maintaining the mystery and anticipation for the show's fifth season.
Actress Maisie Williams from the HBO series "Game of Thrones", arrives at the AFI Awards 2013 honoring excellence in film and television in Beverly Hills, California January 10, 2014.
"Everything is top secret," she told the Daily Star. "There was a rumour we would get the scripts last week but we didn't. We usually get them for two or three episodes at a time, so I always flick through them straight away."
"We've done well so far as nothing has ever been massively leaked," she added.
Maisie's character Arya was last seen sailing off into the distance after she left the Hound who was begging her to end his life. With the use of her silver coin that Jagen H'ghar gave her along with the Valyrian phrase "Valar Morghulis," she gained passage on the Titan's Daughter, a ship that will lead her to the city of Braavos.
Some fans are also speculating if Arya will get the chance to see her direwolf Nymeria now that she is on her way to Braavos. Back in season 1, the youngest of Stark children was forced to send Nymeria away because of Cersie Lannister (Lena Heady) when the direwolf attacked Joffrey Barathen (Jack Gleeson).
With GOT season 5 filming slated to start up again this fall, Entertainment Weekly revealed that there are five new directors for the upcoming season and each will be charged of helming two episodes for next year's premiere. David Nutter who directed the infamous "The Rains of Castamere" or better known as the "Red Wedding" will be back in this year's mix. He will return to helm season 5's ever-crucial ninth episode and the season's finale.
Showrunners David Benioff and Dan Weiss, who previously directed one episodes on each seasons will be taking a break for season 5. Directors Alex Graves, who directed four episodes on season 4 and Neil Marshall who won an Emmy nomination for his work in "The Watchers on the Wall" (The Battle of Castle Black) will also take a break and give way to the new set of directors.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 2 Major Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Strangers’
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’: Blake And Louise Tell The True Story
- ‘Days Of Our Lives’ (DOOL) Oct. 20-24 Spoilers: An ‘Unexpected Visitor’ Changes Everything For Sami Plus Updates On Salemites
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Oct. 20-24, 2014, Plus Additional Spoilers For Oct. 27, 2014: Nina Makes Public Rosalie’s Secret
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- iPhone 6 vs Nexus 6 vs Galaxy Note 4: Performance and User Interface Comparison
- Fappening: Message Board Posters Belittle Nude Photo Leakers As D-Listers Seeking Publicity
- U.S. Missile Shield In Europe Opens In Romania: Russia's Reservations Ignored