Hugh Jackman Helps Overweight Friend To Lose Weight for the New York Marathon
By Afza Fathima | July 22, 2014 12:36 PM EST
Gus Worland, a friend of Hugh Jackman, is slightly on the higher end of the weighing scale and now he wants to get fit to take part in the New York Marathon which is due to take place in November. Hugh Jackman has extended his help to his friend to help him get fit.
'X-Men: Days of Future Past' Cast member Hugh Jackman and Fan Bingbing take photos as Peter Dinklage (L) waves to fans at the South East Asia premiere of X-Men: Days Of Future Past in Singapore May 14, 2014.
Gus Worland is an Australian radio and TV personality, who weighed a massive 308 pounds before training and it is said that has lost 55 pounds so far with his target being 88 pounds in total. Hugh Jackman, 45 years of age, is known for his fit body and has thrown a challenge of running in the New York City marathon at his friend.
The journey of becoming fat to fit is being filmed and made into a documentary series. Gus has been getting loads of tips from the 'Wolverine' star, who is also his childhood friend. The series is being called 'Gus Worland: Marathon Man' which whill be telecasted on the channel A&E on Foxtel in the later part of the year.
The documentary will show Gus taking on different challenges in different episodes and the finale of the series would be Gus running the marathon. Hugh Jackman, in support of his friend, has promised that he will be at the New York marathon to cheer him on, if his schedule allows him to do so.
After five years of being fat and being inspired by his childhood best friend, Gus decided that it was time for him to lose weight. His other friends from the industry were not as excited as his best buddy but then later gave him full support as they seemed to have generated an interest in the idea.
Gus Worland had told Daily Mail Australia that Hugh Jackman and he spoke a lot and Hugh gave him advice that was honest and reflected his passion.
He joked, "He's proud of me but is not concerned that I'll take over [his role as] Wolverine."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- New String Of Ebola In The Democratic Republic Of The Congo; DFAT Advises Against Travel
- Sex Change Surgery Gets Enhanced Cover From US Insurance Firms: Obama Regime's Policy Change Became The Trigger
- Sex With 20 Women Or More Reduces Risk Of Prostate Cancer, Canadian Research Says
- From 30-Inch To 16-Inch Waistline, Woman Shrinks Self With Corset [Video]
- Red Cross Aussie Nurse Says Australia’s Ebola Visa Ban Is Embarrassing
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight