Hugh Jackman Helps Overweight Friend To Lose Weight for the New York Marathon
By Afza Fathima | July 22, 2014 12:36 PM EST
Gus Worland, a friend of Hugh Jackman, is slightly on the higher end of the weighing scale and now he wants to get fit to take part in the New York Marathon which is due to take place in November. Hugh Jackman has extended his help to his friend to help him get fit.
'X-Men: Days of Future Past' Cast member Hugh Jackman and Fan Bingbing take photos as Peter Dinklage (L) waves to fans at the South East Asia premiere of X-Men: Days Of Future Past in Singapore May 14, 2014.
Gus Worland is an Australian radio and TV personality, who weighed a massive 308 pounds before training and it is said that has lost 55 pounds so far with his target being 88 pounds in total. Hugh Jackman, 45 years of age, is known for his fit body and has thrown a challenge of running in the New York City marathon at his friend.
The journey of becoming fat to fit is being filmed and made into a documentary series. Gus has been getting loads of tips from the 'Wolverine' star, who is also his childhood friend. The series is being called 'Gus Worland: Marathon Man' which whill be telecasted on the channel A&E on Foxtel in the later part of the year.
The documentary will show Gus taking on different challenges in different episodes and the finale of the series would be Gus running the marathon. Hugh Jackman, in support of his friend, has promised that he will be at the New York marathon to cheer him on, if his schedule allows him to do so.
After five years of being fat and being inspired by his childhood best friend, Gus decided that it was time for him to lose weight. His other friends from the industry were not as excited as his best buddy but then later gave him full support as they seemed to have generated an interest in the idea.
Gus Worland had told Daily Mail Australia that Hugh Jackman and he spoke a lot and Hugh gave him advice that was honest and reflected his passion.
He joked, "He's proud of me but is not concerned that I'll take over [his role as] Wolverine."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- Sugar Is The Major Cause Of Obesity: Top 5 Ways To Reduce Your Sugar Intake
- Ebola Survivors' Blood Sold in Black Market, WHO Warns Buyers of Risks Including Death
- Jennifer Lopez's Diet and Fitness Secrets Revealed: Ways by Which She Keeps Her Lower Body Toned
- Hip Hop Mogul Russell Simmons Says In New Book That Meditation and Yoga Can Make You Rich
- Kids Whose Parents Went To College Eat Healthier, Study Finds
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Unofficial ‘Samsung Galaxy Alpha’ Can Now Be Purchased For $700 In The US
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1
- Amazon Announces Kindle Fire HD 6, Kindle Fire HD 7 Tablets; Official Release Date Is Oct 2
- Scotland Voted Against Independence, Early Results Indicate