Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Gets New Bendable and Metal Design; Galaxy Alpha/S5 Prime/Galaxy F Hinted for August
By Gel Galang | July 22, 2014 12:31 PM EST
An employee of Samsung Electronics walks past the company main office in Seoul in this April 6, 2010 file photo. Samsung Electronics Co Ltd is emerging as a major player in its local debt market, buying more South Korean-issued bonds as it juggles a $60 billion cash pile. Samsung's push into private bank debt and government bonds underscores the challenges faced by the electronics giant in managing its massive cash holdings, with local banks reluctant to overload on short-term deposits from Samsung.
The latest gives a glimpse of when the possible release date for the Samsung Galaxy Alpha/S5 Prime/Galaxy F could be.
NDTV reports that an Aug 13 launch may be in the works for Samsung's premium, metallic handset, as it could be the counter phone to the premium ones of Apple and LG.
The release date comes from Korean media ETNews when it mentioned the name "Samsung Galaxy Alpha," but it seems it skipped mentioning any more details or specs of the phone.
There are rumours milling about the Samsung Galaxy Alpha/S5 Prime/Galaxy F, which include a smaller but full-HD display when compared to the Samsung Galaxy S5.
However, according to some of the rendered photos and live images leaked by various sources, the Samsung Galaxy Alpha/S5 Prime/Galaxy F may actually have slimmer side bezels to make the screen larger without expanding the actual phone size.
Samsung Galaxy Note 4 May Go with Steel and Bendable
Another report from ETNews has been spotted talking about the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 having premium materials of stainless steel, aluminium and even magnesium. TechRadar reports this would make the device the much-awaited handset for Samsung to put it at par with the likes of the iPhone breed.
Not only that, a flexible display has finally been tagged to the Samsung Galaxy Note 4, though this may be a limited edition meant for the "premium version" of the handset. This may also take into consideration the time and production that goes into the likes of this kind of screen, as the report also hints this may result in the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 being the only, or at least one of the few, Samsung handsets that will get the bendable treatment.
The bigger disappointing news, however, may be that the plans for the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 premium may only be for South Korea, with no announcements yet for other territories.
(Credit: YouTube/Samsung Mobile)
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Essential Tips For Nexus 6: Camera And Entertainment, Notifications And Privacy, Battery
- 'Dragon Age Inquisition' Starter Tips And Tricks: Character Creation, Combat Modes, Party, Looting, War Table
- Vodafone Australia Software Update Weekly Wrap For Nov. 20: Blackberry, HTC, Huawei, Samsung And Sony
- HTC One M9: Speculations on Release Date, Specs And Features
- RiAus TV: Australia’s First Science Channel Launched
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics