Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Gets New Bendable and Metal Design; Galaxy Alpha/S5 Prime/Galaxy F Hinted for August
By Gel Galang | July 22, 2014 12:31 PM EST
An employee of Samsung Electronics walks past the company main office in Seoul in this April 6, 2010 file photo. Samsung Electronics Co Ltd is emerging as a major player in its local debt market, buying more South Korean-issued bonds as it juggles a $60 billion cash pile. Samsung's push into private bank debt and government bonds underscores the challenges faced by the electronics giant in managing its massive cash holdings, with local banks reluctant to overload on short-term deposits from Samsung.
The latest gives a glimpse of when the possible release date for the Samsung Galaxy Alpha/S5 Prime/Galaxy F could be.
NDTV reports that an Aug 13 launch may be in the works for Samsung's premium, metallic handset, as it could be the counter phone to the premium ones of Apple and LG.
The release date comes from Korean media ETNews when it mentioned the name "Samsung Galaxy Alpha," but it seems it skipped mentioning any more details or specs of the phone.
There are rumours milling about the Samsung Galaxy Alpha/S5 Prime/Galaxy F, which include a smaller but full-HD display when compared to the Samsung Galaxy S5.
However, according to some of the rendered photos and live images leaked by various sources, the Samsung Galaxy Alpha/S5 Prime/Galaxy F may actually have slimmer side bezels to make the screen larger without expanding the actual phone size.
Samsung Galaxy Note 4 May Go with Steel and Bendable
Another report from ETNews has been spotted talking about the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 having premium materials of stainless steel, aluminium and even magnesium. TechRadar reports this would make the device the much-awaited handset for Samsung to put it at par with the likes of the iPhone breed.
Not only that, a flexible display has finally been tagged to the Samsung Galaxy Note 4, though this may be a limited edition meant for the "premium version" of the handset. This may also take into consideration the time and production that goes into the likes of this kind of screen, as the report also hints this may result in the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 being the only, or at least one of the few, Samsung handsets that will get the bendable treatment.
The bigger disappointing news, however, may be that the plans for the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 premium may only be for South Korea, with no announcements yet for other territories.
(Credit: YouTube/Samsung Mobile)
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘Halo: Master Chief’ Collection Update Detailed As ‘Halo: Nightfall’ Continues To Roll
- ‘Destiny’ Dev Details Update; New Exotic Weapons Coming And New Speculations On Free Trial
- AT&T Nexus 6 Returned To Motorola Due To Software Bug: Black Screen And Failure To Connect To Service
- Official Android 5.0 Lollipop Update For HTC One Google Play Editions Delayed Due To New Software Request
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Guide: Continuous Breeding, Must See Places And TwitchPlays Pokemon Activity
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James