Assassin’s Creed Unity’s Parkour Experience In-Game and in the SDCC; Assassin’s Creed Memories Confirmed
By Gel Galang | July 22, 2014 12:30 PM EST
"Assassin's Creed Unity" is marking a change for the AC franchise, not just for the fact that it will be the first next-gen game only, but also because it marks the co-op gameplay that will first be going into the title.
A woman dressed as Marie Antoinette from the video game "Assassin's Creed: Unity" promotes the game in the Ubisoft booth at the 2014 Electronic Entertainment Expo, known as E3, in Los Angeles, California June 10, 2014.
But what's also unique about "Assassin's Creed Unity" is that it will go back to some of the basics of stealth that made the game fun. This means that instead of high-tech weapons for assassination, "Assassin's Creed Unity" will highlight parkour moves, free running and climbing.
"[We decided] to combine them so it really feels like parkour. You can go up, you can go down [easily]. [The changes we made] were about making the system more modern and giving players [more freedom]. It's an open-world so we need to treat it as one," said Lesley Phord-Toy, producer of the game, in an interview quoted by Gamingbolt.
This free running experience can actually be seen at the San Diego Comic Con, where a special parkour course was created by Michael Zernow and his team to emulate the mechanics seen in "Assassin's Creed Unity."
Ubisoft Blog has a snapshot of the parkour course that will be made available at SDCC 2014, and it's clearly not something easy to do.
"I've been a long-time fan of the Assassin's Creed franchise, and it's one of the few highly visible examples of parkour that attracts younger athletes to the sport every year," said Zernow to Ubisoft Blog.
Assassin's Creed Memories: Time Travel and Building your Guild
With the upcoming "Assassin's Creed Unity," Ubisoft has already announced a companion app that features a massive array of customization and exploration.
Titled "Assassin's Creed Memories," the companion app takes its cue from the "Assassin's Creed" franchise and gives you a new game that is built on RPG, strategy and customisation.
What's great with "Assassin's Creed Memories" is that you get to check out different periods in time and explore these eras. You can create your own Assassin and recruit allies whose strategy and fighting style complements yours to ensure that your guild is among the strongest.
"Assassin's Creed Memories" offers both single and multiplayer approach, with the latter reportedly having the capability of letting 20 players per team face off against each other.
Ubisoft Blog has confirmed that, to roll out "Assassin's Creed Memories," Ubisoft has partnered with PlayNext and GREE, in order to bring new experiences of the franchise, this time to mobile players.
"We want to capture all the excitement and beauty of Assassin's Creed and apply it to a completely new experience for mobile players," said PlayNext COO JT Nguyen to Ubisoft Blog.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Monday Night Football Recap: Chicago Bears 27, New York Jets 19
Join the Conversation
- Galaxy Note 4 vs iPhone 6 Plus: Better Performing Display and Best Overall Screen
- Android M OS Version Spotted At AOSP Before Android 5.0 L's Official Release Date
- Apple iPad Air 2, OS X Yosemite Release Date Set For October, While iPad Mini 3 With Retina Headed For 2015 Release
- Samsung Galaxy Alpha Will Be Available With AT&T From Sept 26, Unlocked Edition Priced At $612.99
- 'The Sims 4' Mods: Smartwatches, Chunky Watches, Other Accessories And Tattoos
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?