Galaxy Note 4 Confirmed with Metal Frame, Flexible Display & 16MP Camera on Release Date – Reports
By Erik Pineda | July 22, 2014 12:21 PM EST
Jermaine Smit via ConceptiPhon
Samsung Galaxy Note 4 concept image
So to give its fourth-gen phablet a fighting chance against the iPhone 6, which analysts said will romp its ways on top of the sales chart, Samsung has decided to finally clad its second 2014 flagship in a metallic casing in order to really measure up with Apple's upcoming kit, BGR said in a report.
"Samsung's upcoming Galaxy Note 4 flagship smartphone will finally have a higher build quality than any of its predecessors," BGR declared.
However, the South Korean tech giant will not completely ditch its signature plastic-covered Galaxy Note smartphone as the company intends to issue two versions of the device. One will essentially be the bigger clone of the Galaxy S5 - wrapped in plastic like the Note 3 last year but with a bigger front panel.
The other one is likely housed in aluminum, magnesium or stainless steel and is internally referred to as the Premium Galaxy Note 4, G4Games said on its report.
And to really give the Note 4 its premium look and feel, Samsung is mulling the deployment of flexible display with the device, which will confirm an earlier hint from a company official that the upcoming smartphone can count on tough shell that is made of metal and a bendable glass screen for extra durability.
Back then, the Samsung executive said that a Note 4 with a hard-to-crack front panel is geared to niche market. It is unclear now if the case remains the same as ET News did not clarify if the regular and premium Note 4 will rollout side-by-side in all market destinations.
Nonetheless, both units are expected to boast of a 16MP rear cam with optical image stabilisation, which is virtually the same packaged rumoured for the iPhone 6 main shooter. BGR noted that Samsung will likely dump the 12MP lens sensor that was attached with the Note 4 in numerous blog reports.
The Galaxy Note 4 release date, dubbed as Unpacked2, is believed to coincide with that of the 2014 IFA trade show in Berlin, Germany, which is scheduled in the first week of September.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft