Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
By Pavithra Rathinavel | July 22, 2014 9:54 AM EST
Xiaomi, also known as "Apple of China" is ready to launch its killer flagship smartphone Xiaomi Mi4 on July 22. In addition, OppoMart has already listed the handset on its Web site revealing the impressive specifications and features. When it comes to price, the Xiaomi Mi4 can be purchased for $369.
Three models of China's Xiaomi Mi phones are pictured during their launch in New Delhi July 15, 2014. China's Xiaomi said it intends to invest heavily in India as the budget smartphone maker launched on Tuesday its flagship Mi phone and other products in the world's third largest smartphone market, currently dominated by Samsung Electronics Co Ltd.
Raining Discounts: $100 Price Cut on Moto X; LG G3 Available for $100 On-Contract; Sony Xperia Z2 on Release Date Gets $50 Price Cut (U.S.)
Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
Recently Xiaomi's CEO Lei Jun wrote the following in his Weibo account "The journey of a piece of steel metal," indicating the upcoming Xiaomi Mi4. It's long rumoured that the Xiaomi Mi4 will have high-end specifications and metallic look.
But the leaked images thus far did not offer much information on the build material used. However, Xiaomi's VP Li Wanqiang explained that there is no metal on the back panel, but there is an abundance of metal usage on the upcoming handset. Therefore, the Xiaomi Mi4 will come with a plastic rear that gives the much-loved metallic look, says Phone Arena.
Meanwhile, OppoMart's list shows Xiaomi Mi4's key specifications and terrific features. Going by the specifications listed in the site today, this phone has all the qualities to give the top-selling phones like Samsung Galaxy S5, LG G3, Sony Xperia Z2 and HTC One M8 a run for their money.
The Xiaomi Mi4 will reportedly feature a solid 5.0-inches IPS LCD display. It is worth noting that, earlier rumours claimed the handset would come with 5.5-inches display. Also, the handset will come with a screen resolution of 1,080 x 1,920 pixels and 441 ppi pixel density.
The handset will reportedly be powered by a solid quad-core (Qualcomm Snapdragon 801) processor clocked at 2.5 GHz. Notably, earlier reports suggested that the device will be powered by a superior Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 processor. Moreover, the device will house 3 GB of RAM and 16 GB/64 GB of internal storage capacity. However, at this point there is no information available to substantiate microSD card support. Also, the phone will run on Android 4.4.2 KitKat OS along with MIUI 6 UI, says Phone Arena.
The Xiaomi Mi4 will likely sport 13 MP rear-facing camera unit with LED flash and HDR feature and a surprisingly striking 8 MP front-facing shooter. In addition, the device will support 4K recording capability like the top-sellers. The phone will also house a superior Li-Po 3080 mAh battery unit within the sleek body giving other top-selling handsets a strong competition. Furthermore, this handset supports global 4G LTE. Interested readers can check out the Xiaomi Mi4 in OppoMart.
What do you think of Xiaomi Mi4? Does this phone stand a chance? Feel free to leave a comment.
Update: As of 22July14 OppoMart has changed the specifications in their site. Hence the specs in this post are modified according to Phone Arena and OppoMart's latest update.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- G20 Summit Awkward Moments: Putin Yawns, Mystery Bubbles Appear, F18 Drama Ensues
- Real Life ‘Frozen’: Snow Overwhelms The US, Kills 7; More To Come (Pictures)
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt in Sydney for ‘Unbroken’ Red Carpet Premiere [PHOTOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
Join the Conversation
- Walmart Early Price Matching Special Event On Nov. 21, 2014 Matches Its Competitors' Black Friday 2014 Prices And Includes Exclusive Deals For Samsung LED HDTVs And iPad Air 2 [WATCH VIDEO]
- Microsoft Band Wearable Gadget At $199 Is A Sell-Out
- 6 Big Reasons iPhone 6 Plus is Must-Have Black Friday, Christmas 2014 Buy
- NATO To Russia: 'Pull Back Your Troops'
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Nexus 6 Release Date And Price Under AT&T, T-Mobile And Sprint Listed
- Germany, Not U.S., Is The World’s Favorite Country; UK, Canada, Australia Maintain Top 10 Spots