The Voice Australia Season 3 (2014) Grand Finale Spoilers, Recap: And the Winner is…; Things to Know About the Star
By jaskiran kaur | July 22, 2014 9:51 AM EST
On July 21, 2014, "The Voice Australia" Season 3 (2014) revealed its winner in the star studded finale episode. One of the top 5 finalists- Anja Nissen, Johnny Rollins, Jackson Thomas, ZK and Frank Lakoudis- took home the most coveted trophy and the prestigious record deal. The four coaches-Kylie Minogue, Ricky Martin, Will.I.Am and Joel Madden- began with coaching, mentoring and judging 64 contestants to give Australia it's "the voice" and the superstar. Results of the finale were based on public voting that was closed at 7:55pm on Monday evening. Viewers voted for their favourite artists for one last time and saw them perform on this stage. Here is a detailed recap of "The Voice Australia" Season 3 (2014) Grand Finale. Keep reading to find out what happened and who won the competition. [Warning: Spoilers Alert!]
This article contains spoilers from of "The Voice Australia" Season 3 (2014) Grand Finale. Read only if you want to learn more about it.
The Voice Australia Season 3 (2014) Grand Finale Performance Recap (Spoilers)
The show kicked off in an epic manner, when "The Voice Australia" Season 3 (2014) Top 16 and the four coaches gathered on the stage to perform Russell Morris' classic "The Real Thing." Fans saw many familiar faces onstage. The show moved on with first contestant and coach's performance of the night. Kylie Minogue and Johnny Rollins teamed up to perform Kylie's "Can't Get You Out of My Head."
Up next was Coach Will.I.Am with his two finalists of the show, Anja Nissen and ZK. Together they sang Will's hit number "Where is the Love?"
This was followed by the first guest performance of the night by rock band Sheppard. Artists performed their single "Geronimo." Ricky Martin and Jackson Thomas took over the stage next and performed "Every Breath You Take." Coach Joel Madden and Frank Lakoudis performed Imagine Dragons' single "Radioactive."
Before the top 3 finalists were announced, Will.I.Am and Cody Wise performed "It's My Birthday." Soon after, it was revealed that Johnny Rollins, Jackson Thomas and Anja Nissen are the top 3 finalists. These top 3 performed reprise of songs chosen by Australian viewers. Jackson Thomas sang "Resolution." Anja Nissen sang "When Love Takes Over" and Johnny Rollins performed "Beneath Your Beautiful."
The Voice Australia Season 3 (2014) Grand Finale Results: The Winner is... [Spoilers]
After the star studded and entertaining grand finale performances, host Darren McCullen took the stage to announce the winner.
Second Runner-up: Johnny Rollins from Team Kylie
First Runner-up: Jackson Thomas from Team Ricky
And the winner is Anja Nissen from Team Will.I.Am. What do you think of the results of "The Voice Australia" Season 3 (2014)? Do you think it's a well deserved victory? Did your favourite artist win?
Meanwhile, viewers must note that "The Voice Australia" will return for Season 4 and auditions for the same are now open.
For those who don't know much about "The Voice Australia" Season 3 (2014) winner, she was a wildcard entry as well as the youngest star representing a team in 2014 installment of the show. Anja Nissen is a high school graduate and comes from NSW region of Australia. Even before her stint at "The Voice Australia," she has proved her mettle as a performer in "Australia's Got Talent" when she was 12. She made it to Semifinals before getting eliminated. She discovered her talent at a young age. Besides music, she is passionate about animals, nature and motorbike rides. 18-year-old Anja Nissen derives inspiration from music icons Aretha Franklin, Patti Labelle, Mariah Carey and Celine Dion. She began her journey at "The Voice Australia" Season 3 (2014) with Mariah Carey's song "Vanishing" and became the four-chair turnaround artist in the blind auditions.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28