The Voice Australia Season 3 (2014) Grand Finale Spoilers, Recap: And the Winner is…; Things to Know About the Star
By jaskiran kaur | July 22, 2014 9:51 AM EST
On July 21, 2014, "The Voice Australia" Season 3 (2014) revealed its winner in the star studded finale episode. One of the top 5 finalists- Anja Nissen, Johnny Rollins, Jackson Thomas, ZK and Frank Lakoudis- took home the most coveted trophy and the prestigious record deal. The four coaches-Kylie Minogue, Ricky Martin, Will.I.Am and Joel Madden- began with coaching, mentoring and judging 64 contestants to give Australia it's "the voice" and the superstar. Results of the finale were based on public voting that was closed at 7:55pm on Monday evening. Viewers voted for their favourite artists for one last time and saw them perform on this stage. Here is a detailed recap of "The Voice Australia" Season 3 (2014) Grand Finale. Keep reading to find out what happened and who won the competition. [Warning: Spoilers Alert!]
This article contains spoilers from of "The Voice Australia" Season 3 (2014) Grand Finale. Read only if you want to learn more about it.
The Voice Australia Season 3 (2014) Grand Finale Performance Recap (Spoilers)
The show kicked off in an epic manner, when "The Voice Australia" Season 3 (2014) Top 16 and the four coaches gathered on the stage to perform Russell Morris' classic "The Real Thing." Fans saw many familiar faces onstage. The show moved on with first contestant and coach's performance of the night. Kylie Minogue and Johnny Rollins teamed up to perform Kylie's "Can't Get You Out of My Head."
Up next was Coach Will.I.Am with his two finalists of the show, Anja Nissen and ZK. Together they sang Will's hit number "Where is the Love?"
This was followed by the first guest performance of the night by rock band Sheppard. Artists performed their single "Geronimo." Ricky Martin and Jackson Thomas took over the stage next and performed "Every Breath You Take." Coach Joel Madden and Frank Lakoudis performed Imagine Dragons' single "Radioactive."
Before the top 3 finalists were announced, Will.I.Am and Cody Wise performed "It's My Birthday." Soon after, it was revealed that Johnny Rollins, Jackson Thomas and Anja Nissen are the top 3 finalists. These top 3 performed reprise of songs chosen by Australian viewers. Jackson Thomas sang "Resolution." Anja Nissen sang "When Love Takes Over" and Johnny Rollins performed "Beneath Your Beautiful."
The Voice Australia Season 3 (2014) Grand Finale Results: The Winner is... [Spoilers]
After the star studded and entertaining grand finale performances, host Darren McCullen took the stage to announce the winner.
Second Runner-up: Johnny Rollins from Team Kylie
First Runner-up: Jackson Thomas from Team Ricky
And the winner is Anja Nissen from Team Will.I.Am. What do you think of the results of "The Voice Australia" Season 3 (2014)? Do you think it's a well deserved victory? Did your favourite artist win?
Meanwhile, viewers must note that "The Voice Australia" will return for Season 4 and auditions for the same are now open.
For those who don't know much about "The Voice Australia" Season 3 (2014) winner, she was a wildcard entry as well as the youngest star representing a team in 2014 installment of the show. Anja Nissen is a high school graduate and comes from NSW region of Australia. Even before her stint at "The Voice Australia," she has proved her mettle as a performer in "Australia's Got Talent" when she was 12. She made it to Semifinals before getting eliminated. She discovered her talent at a young age. Besides music, she is passionate about animals, nature and motorbike rides. 18-year-old Anja Nissen derives inspiration from music icons Aretha Franklin, Patti Labelle, Mariah Carey and Celine Dion. She began her journey at "The Voice Australia" Season 3 (2014) with Mariah Carey's song "Vanishing" and became the four-chair turnaround artist in the blind auditions.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles