Transfer News: New Manchester City Goalkeeper Wishes to Return to Malaga in the Future
By Mark Wayne Eubank | July 22, 2014 5:52 AM EST
Manchester City goalkeeper Willy Caballero, who just made a move to the Etihad this July, wishes to return to the club that's closest to his heart - Malaga CF.
The 32-year-old Argentinean followed Manuel Pellegrini, whom he played under during the latter's stint with the Boquerones, to England to provide a more stable last-line of defence for the Sky Blues.
Willy Caballero is a target for Manchester City but the side will have to wait until next summer to pursue their wanted keeper.
Long time first-choice Joe Hart suddenly struggled under the reign of the Chilean tactician last season, with the latter opting to field-in former City shot-stopper Costel Pantillimon in his stead, at times.
Caballero is expected to compete, if not take over, with the rocky England international as the squad's no. 1.
"I have no more words than to say thank you to a club that allowed all this to happen for me," said the Santa Elena native.
"I'm leaving a club where I've been very happy, because I was treated phenomenally well, like I've never experienced anywhere else and this affection is something I'll take with me wherever I go."
"Hopefully the door will remain open for me to return one day. A part of my heart will always stay here (Malaga) and the other part is going to England."
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- Toni Nadal Says Roger Federer Is The Greatest Of All Time
- Manchester United: Did Ed Woodward Really Uttered Expletives During The Red Devils' Draw Against West Brom?
- Chelsea FC: No 'Crying' For The Blues Amid Injury Woes Ahead Of Man Utd Clash, Says Mourinho
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia