Chelsea FC Transfer News: Striker 'Happy' at Napoli Despite Revealing Blues Boss Interest
By Mark Wayne Eubank | July 22, 2014 4:36 AM EST
SSC Napoli striker Jose Callejon revealed that he is "happy" to stay with his current club amid interest from Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho.
The 27-year-old Motril native came through the youth ranks at Real Madrid, before moving to Espanyol in 2008 from the Los Blancos' B-team and moving back to the Bernabeu in 2011 to be officially part of the first-team.
“I have heard lots of talk about me. I know that (Jose) Mourinho is interested in me." - Jose Callejon
The Portuguese manager was then in charge when Callejon returned to his boyhood club, only to be sold once more when the former's reign ended in 2013.
"I have heard lots of talk about me. I know that (Jose) Mourinho is interested in me," he told E'Azzurro.
"Last year I made a choice and I don't regret it. I am happy in this team and in this city and I will be staying at Napoli."
Meanwhile, his stocks has since skyrocketed to an all-time high after spending just a season at Naples, with his suggested market value to be in the region of £18million.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr On Manny Pacquiao: 'He Must Know He's Not Going To Win
- Roger Federer Hailed Swiss Sportsman Of The Year, Beating Stan Wawrinka
- Hoax Alert: Floyd Mayweather Didn’t Die Of Drug Overdose
- NFL News: Chicago Bears Likely To Fire Head Coach Marc Trestman At End Of NFL Season
- NBA Trade Discussions ‘Tremendous’; 10 Teams Including Rockets, Clippers and Hornets Active For Probable Deals—NBA Insider