Chelsea FC Transfer News: Striker 'Happy' at Napoli Despite Revealing Blues Boss Interest
By Mark Wayne Eubank | July 22, 2014 4:36 AM EST
SSC Napoli striker Jose Callejon revealed that he is "happy" to stay with his current club amid interest from Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho.
The 27-year-old Motril native came through the youth ranks at Real Madrid, before moving to Espanyol in 2008 from the Los Blancos' B-team and moving back to the Bernabeu in 2011 to be officially part of the first-team.
“I have heard lots of talk about me. I know that (Jose) Mourinho is interested in me." - Jose Callejon
The Portuguese manager was then in charge when Callejon returned to his boyhood club, only to be sold once more when the former's reign ended in 2013.
"I have heard lots of talk about me. I know that (Jose) Mourinho is interested in me," he told E'Azzurro.
"Last year I made a choice and I don't regret it. I am happy in this team and in this city and I will be staying at Napoli."
Meanwhile, his stocks has since skyrocketed to an all-time high after spending just a season at Naples, with his suggested market value to be in the region of £18million.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Manny Pacquiao Chasing Floyd Mayweather Jr. Because Of Money But Says Undefeated American Is Afraid Of Filipino - Analysts
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage