Arsenal FC Transfer News: Gunners Agree with OGC Nice's Asking Price for Goalkeeper
By Mark Wayne Eubank | July 22, 2014 3:42 AM EST
Arsenal have reportedly agreed with OGC Nice's asking price for the acquisition of goalkeeper David Ospina.
The Daily Mail suggests that a £3.2million deal has been reached by the aforementioned parties, that will see the 25-year-old head to north London, presumably, as a back-up shot-stopper to Wojciech Szczesny following Lukasz Fabianski's exit this summer.
Arsenal have reportedly agreed with OGC Nice's asking price of £3.2million for David Ospina
He was one of the stars for the Colombia side that reached the quarter-finals in the recently concluded World Cup, registering a save rate of 84 per cent, while keeping two clean sheets, which includes the 2-nil win against a heavily favoured Uruguay squad in the round-of-16.
The 6-footer has made 189 Ligue 1 appearances since coming on from Atletico Nacional in 2008, but has yet to test his ability on European waters, so to speak, with two Europa League qualifiers during the 2013/14 term being the closest.
Apparently, his performance during the quadrennial competition was enough to make clubs from around Europe consider him as a possible transfer prospect.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- Female Boxer Dies In South Africa Following Knockout Blow
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy