Arsenal FC Transfer News: Gunners Agree with OGC Nice's Asking Price for Goalkeeper
By Mark Wayne Eubank | July 22, 2014 3:42 AM EST
Arsenal have reportedly agreed with OGC Nice's asking price for the acquisition of goalkeeper David Ospina.
The Daily Mail suggests that a £3.2million deal has been reached by the aforementioned parties, that will see the 25-year-old head to north London, presumably, as a back-up shot-stopper to Wojciech Szczesny following Lukasz Fabianski's exit this summer.
Arsenal have reportedly agreed with OGC Nice's asking price of £3.2million for David Ospina
He was one of the stars for the Colombia side that reached the quarter-finals in the recently concluded World Cup, registering a save rate of 84 per cent, while keeping two clean sheets, which includes the 2-nil win against a heavily favoured Uruguay squad in the round-of-16.
The 6-footer has made 189 Ligue 1 appearances since coming on from Atletico Nacional in 2008, but has yet to test his ability on European waters, so to speak, with two Europa League qualifiers during the 2013/14 term being the closest.
Apparently, his performance during the quadrennial competition was enough to make clubs from around Europe consider him as a possible transfer prospect.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Manny Pacquiao Chasing Floyd Mayweather Jr. Because Of Money But Says Undefeated American Is Afraid Of Filipino - Analysts
- Minnesota Timberwolves 2015-2015 NBA Preview: Wiggins-Rubio Era In Minneapolis Begins
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- iPhone 6 vs Nexus 6 vs Galaxy Note 4: Performance and User Interface Comparison
- Fappening: Message Board Posters Belittle Nude Photo Leakers As D-Listers Seeking Publicity