Transfer News: Wolfsburg Official Claims Defender is 'Not Going Anywhere' Amid Manchester United Link
By Mark Wayne Eubank | July 22, 2014 2:16 AM EST
“Ricardo is not going anywhere.” - Klaus Allofs on Ricardo Rodriguez (L)
Sources in Germany suggests that the Red Devils have already held talks with the Swiss international's agent, Roger Wittman, as they are looking to provide healthy competition at the left-back position, with Luke Shaw as the likely to Patrice Evra, who just made a move to Juventus.
"That will have been a brief conversation," Allofs commented on the rumoured meeting between United and Rodriguez's representative.
"Ricardo is not going anywhere."
The 21-year-old former Zurich man instantly made an impact since moving to Lower Saxony in 2012. He was immediately first-choice, making 27 total appearances in his debut season, contributing 6 assists, while playing the entire 90 minutes in all of the Wolves' Bundesliga games during the 2013/14 term.
Despite being positioned at the back, he was able to tally 7 goals and 10 assists in all competitions last season.
His eagerness to make overlaps and go forward fits Louis van Gaal's attacking style, but the Old Trafford gaffer needs to splurge a relatively huge sum as the Zurich native is said to be worth around £25million.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kendall Jenner Rocks Semi-Nude Balmain Lattice Dress At Paris Fashion Week [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Will Probably Pick Between Amir Khan Or Manny Pacquiao For Next Fight According to Uncle Jeff
- Tony Stewart Reveals Retirement Not In Options, Reflects On His Life After the Fatal Crash
- Sugar Ray Leonard Adds Fuel To Pacquiao-Mayweather Clamour
- WWE Update: Bray Wyatt’s Twitter Post Hints Upcoming Fight With Sting [VIDEO]
- Rafael Nadal Gives Li Na Flowers, A Teary Farewell At Beijing China Open
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks