Transfer News: Wolfsburg Official Claims Defender is 'Not Going Anywhere' Amid Manchester United Link
By Mark Wayne Eubank | July 22, 2014 2:16 AM EST
“Ricardo is not going anywhere.” - Klaus Allofs on Ricardo Rodriguez (L)
Sources in Germany suggests that the Red Devils have already held talks with the Swiss international's agent, Roger Wittman, as they are looking to provide healthy competition at the left-back position, with Luke Shaw as the likely to Patrice Evra, who just made a move to Juventus.
"That will have been a brief conversation," Allofs commented on the rumoured meeting between United and Rodriguez's representative.
"Ricardo is not going anywhere."
The 21-year-old former Zurich man instantly made an impact since moving to Lower Saxony in 2012. He was immediately first-choice, making 27 total appearances in his debut season, contributing 6 assists, while playing the entire 90 minutes in all of the Wolves' Bundesliga games during the 2013/14 term.
Despite being positioned at the back, he was able to tally 7 goals and 10 assists in all competitions last season.
His eagerness to make overlaps and go forward fits Louis van Gaal's attacking style, but the Old Trafford gaffer needs to splurge a relatively huge sum as the Zurich native is said to be worth around £25million.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal’s Coach Reveals The Spanish Athlete Will Be Back On Court Soon
- Serena Williams Swagger Back After US Open - Mark Hodgkinson
- Manny Pacquiao Is The Greatest Fighter That Ever Lived Declares Magician David Blaine
- Guardiola Mockingly States That Man Utd Does Not Have The Means To Acquire Bayern Munich Players
- Novak Djokovic Stars In A New Commercial For Gerble Sans Gluten et Sans Souci
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet