Transfer News: Wolfsburg Official Claims Defender is 'Not Going Anywhere' Amid Manchester United Link
By Mark Wayne Eubank | July 22, 2014 2:16 AM EST
“Ricardo is not going anywhere.” - Klaus Allofs on Ricardo Rodriguez (L)
Sources in Germany suggests that the Red Devils have already held talks with the Swiss international's agent, Roger Wittman, as they are looking to provide healthy competition at the left-back position, with Luke Shaw as the likely to Patrice Evra, who just made a move to Juventus.
"That will have been a brief conversation," Allofs commented on the rumoured meeting between United and Rodriguez's representative.
"Ricardo is not going anywhere."
The 21-year-old former Zurich man instantly made an impact since moving to Lower Saxony in 2012. He was immediately first-choice, making 27 total appearances in his debut season, contributing 6 assists, while playing the entire 90 minutes in all of the Wolves' Bundesliga games during the 2013/14 term.
Despite being positioned at the back, he was able to tally 7 goals and 10 assists in all competitions last season.
His eagerness to make overlaps and go forward fits Louis van Gaal's attacking style, but the Old Trafford gaffer needs to splurge a relatively huge sum as the Zurich native is said to be worth around £25million.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ESPN Anchor Skip Bayless Says Floyd Mayweather Jr Will Not Fight Manny Pacquiao Because Undefeated Fighter Is ‘Afraid To Lose’
- Amir Khan Addresses Roach’s Comments That Pacquiao Used To Knock Out The Bolton-Born Boxer During Sparring Sessions
- Chelsea FC: Jose Mourinho Hits Back At Sergio Ramos For Questioning Costa And Fabregas Absence From NT, Says 'He is Not A Doctor'
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Purse Split: $100M For American, $60M For Filipino— Report
- Liverpool FC: Brendan Rodgers Accedes That His Days As Reds Boss Could Be Numbered
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Black Friday Sale 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James