Orange is the New Black Update: Reality T.V. Star to Appear in Season 3, Actor Says Show can Run for Long Time, even with New Protagonist
By Anshu Shrivastava | July 21, 2014 7:46 PM EST
"Orange is the New Black" seems to have formed a habit of generating storm on the social media. Last year, the news about Laura Prepon, who plays Alex Vause in the show, quitting the show created quite a buzz, and this year, the hoax news of "Orange is the New Black" Season 3 getting cancelled sent the fans into a frenzy. The good news is that "Orange is the New Black" has not been cancelled and the actors are currently filming the new season, which is expected to release in June 2015. If one believes Jason Biggs, who plays Larry Bloom, "Orange is the New Black" can continue for a long time in the future.
In an interview with real-life Larry [Larry Smith] of Medium, Biggs said that the show can continue, with a new protagonist, as well. Biggs said, "in terms of the way they have spaced it out so far, the first season took place over a few months. And I think the same for this season; maybe less time, actually, in Season 2. So maybe this is like a month or two."
"The truth is, they could stretch this thing for a long time," Bigg said, adding that "they could even switch the protagonist. Jenji's not afraid to do it. And the diversity of the cast is part of the reason the show is such a big hit."
The first season of "Orange is the New Black" mainly focussed on Piper Chapman and the character of Alex Vause. However, this changed in Season 2, as there was equal focus on all the characters and everyone's backstories were also explored. And, despite the naysayers, Alex Vause appeared in Season 2 of the Netflix's original drama-comedy -- though in a limited number of episodes and that too in a few scenes. Laura Prepon has confirmed that she is doing Season 3 as a series regular, and will be appearing in all the episodes of the new season.
Meanwhile, Tanisha Thomas recently took to Twitter to announce that she is joining the cast of "Orange is the New Black" Season 3. The actress shared, "And guess who just got invited?!!! 😁😁😁😁 #blessed #oitnbseason3 look out for your girl 😉😚" She also shared an Instagram photo. Thomas is known for her appearance in "Bad Girls Club" Season 2.
"Orange is the New Black" has scored 12 nominations at Emmy 2014, including for Outstanding Comedy Series. Taylor Schilling, who plays Piper Chapman, has earned a nomination for Lead Actress in a Comedy Series.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier
- Galaxy Note 4: Best Big-Screen Phone, Says Samsung; Analysts Believe Note 4 Unlikely To Beat iPhone 6 Plus [Watch Video]