The Night Shift Season 1 Finale Episode 8 Save Me Recap [WATCH VIDEOS]
By Janice Somosot | July 21, 2014 5:15 PM EST
NBC's "The Night Shift" Season 1 Finale Episode 8 "Save Me" aired on Tuesday, July 15, 2014 on NBC at 10/9c. If you want to find out what happened in this episode, read on for "The Night Shift" Season 1 Finale Episode 8 "Save Me" recap below.
"The Night Shift" Season 1 Finale Episode 8 "Save Me" was written by Gabe Fonseca and directed by Vincent Misiano. After the Code Silver hostage situation at the emergency room (ER) of the San Antonio Memorial Hospital, Dr. Jordan Alexander (Jill Flint) was tasked to treat Dr. Topher Zia (Ken Leung), who was critically wounded, with blood in his liver. Aside from Dr. Zia, Dr. Alexander also had to treat Milo Osborne (Steven Bauer), the one who shot Topher and MRI technician Dwayne.
Dr. Alexander was instructed to keep Osborne alive because he will be used as a key witness by detective Gonzales. Dr. TC Callahan (Eoin Macken) and Dr. Scott Clemmens (Scott Wolf) teamed up to remove the bullet in Topher's body. This reminded TC of his brother who died in Afghanistan.
Meanwhile, Jordan found out that Osborne needs to undergo surgery to repair his carotid artery. But, she told Dr. Paul Cummings (Robert Bailey Jr.) that the Operating Room (OR) is already full. Michael Ragosa (Freddy Rodriguez) noticed that Jordan is giving preferential treatment to other patients while ignoring Osborne's needs. He reprimanded her for it.
So, Jordan tried to fix Osborne's carotid artery. But, she failed to do so. It ended up bursting and killing Osborne in the process. This unfortunate incident could greatly affect Jordan's medical career and reputation. She is told to get a lawyer to help her fix this mess that she got herself in.
As for Topher, after his surgery, he is urged to use a catheter. But, he doesn't want to. However, when he urinated, some blood was mixed in it. He also couldn't breathe. The doctors re-examined him and found that he has an epidural hematoma. This could ultimately paralyze Topher, if the bleeding isn't stopped. Thankfully, Scott stepped in to save Topher in the nick of time.
TC finally told Jordan about the flashbacks that he gets. It turns out that he could have saved his brother from being shot and killed, but he couldn't kill the shooter who was just a boy. Topher's current situation further triggered his flashbacks about it.
As for Ragosa, he suffers from a blurry vision and he told Dr. Landry De La Cruz (Daniella Alonso) that he has a tumor behind his eye.
According to the Internet Movie Database (IMDb), aside from the main cast, John Trejo (Firefighter), Danielle Sapia (Susan), Jonathan Hubbarth (Police Officer), Jacob Browne (Security) and Jeremiah Bitsui (Sgt. Martin) also appear in "The Night Shift" Season 1 Finale Episode 8 "Save Me."
And that's it for "The Night Shift" Season 1 Finale Episode 8 "Save Me" recap. The good news is that TV Line reported that "The Night Shift" has been renewed for Season 2 with 14 episodes. Don't miss "The Night Shift" every Tuesday nights on NBC. Keep reading the International Business Times (IBT) for more updates about "The Night Shift" as well as other news about entertainment, sports, finance, health, technology and business.
Watch "The Night Shift" "Save Me" videos from YouTube below:
The Night Shift - The Past Comes Back (Episode Highlight):
The Night Shift Season 1 Episode 7 Blood Brothers Recap [WATCH VIDEO]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Cavaliers, LeBron James Flop In First Game Back In Cleveland; New York Knicks, Melo Pull Off Road Upset, 95-90 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- This Is Why Japanese Princess Masako Attended First Palace Banquet After 11 Years
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- Pregnant Kourtney Kardashian Talks About Marrying Scott Disick, Her Pregnancy Cravings and Picking Out Baby Names
- ‘The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies’ Premiere Announcement Plus Spoilers [Watch Video]
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]
- Updated iOS 8 Pangu Untethered Jailbreak Now Fully Works with Cydia: Key Fixes & Mods to Expect
- Ex-Ohio Trooper Pleads Guilty To Issuing Sex as Penalty To Women Motorists