MasterChef Australia 6 Recap: Episode 54 Finals Week Starts, Contestants Get Personalised Mystery Boxes from Loved Ones
By Janice Somosot | July 21, 2014 4:00 PM EST
"MasterChef Australia" Season 6, Episode 54 aired on Sunday, July 20, 2014. Finals Week has started and the remaining contestants get personalised mystery boxes from their loved ones. Wondering what else happened in this episode, including what's inside the mystery boxes? If you want to find out, read on for the "MasterChef Australia" 6 recap of Episode 54.
In "MasterChef Australia" Season 6, Episode 54, the Top 6 contestants Emelia Jackson, Jamie Fleming, Laura Cassai, Tracy Collins, Brent Owens and Ben Macdonald received mystery boxes and in it they found ingredients such as pineapple, lemons, chilis, fish, etc. that were picked out by their loved ones. They must use these ingredients to cook a special and scrumptious dish that will please the "MasterChef Australia" judges Gary Mehigan, George Calombaris and Matt Preston. The Top 6 contestants must cook their chosen dishes within 45 minutes only!
Aside from the ingredients, they also found letters written by their loved ones in the mystery boxes that were given to them.
Plus, three contestants (Laura, Ben and Jamie) had to make the Ultimate Banana Split to avoid being eliminated from "MasterChef Australia" Season 6. Meanwhile, Tracy, Emelia and Brent observed them from afar.
Professional Dessert Chefs Darren Purchese, Christy Tania and Nick Palumbo talked to Laura, Jamie and Ben about the banana split that they had to make using Chef Purchese's recipe.
Unfortunately, Ben Macdonald, the 36-year-old IT Systems Consultant from Queensland (QLD) got eliminated in this episode.
Only the Top 5 "MasterChef Australia" 6 contestants remain and these are:
1. Brent Owens
2. Emelia Jackson
3. Jamie Fleming
4. Laura Cassai
5. Tracy Collins
Click HERE to see photos of the Finals Week Begins from the official Web site gallery of "MasterChef Australia."
Click HERE to see the latest recipes from "MasterChef Australia" 6 including the Banana Split by Darren Purchese, the Snapper with Roasted Pineapple and Praline by Emelia Jackson, the Chicken with Cauliflower 3 Ways by Tracy Collins and the White Chocolate Pannacotta with Coconut by Brent Owens.
That's it for the "MasterChef Australia" 6 recap of Episode 54 which featured the start of the Finals Week and the personalised mystery boxes that the contestants received from their loved ones. It was shown on July 20, 2014 at Network Ten. Watch the full episode HERE. Don't miss "MasterChef Australia" 6 from Sunday to Thursday at 7:30 p.m. Keep reading the International Business Times (IBT) for more updates about your favourite Australian cooking competition and other news about entertainment, technology, health, finance, business and sports.
MasterChef Australia 6 Recap: Episode 53 Sudden Death Elimination Challlenge and MasterClass with Chef Heston Blumenthal at Stones of the Yarra Valley
MasterChef Australia 6 Recap: Episode 52 The Five Senses Challenge Using the Sense of Sight, Hearing, Smell, Touch and Taste to Make Dishes
MasterChef Australia 6 Recap: Episode 51 Heston Week Continues with the Challenge to Run The Hotel Albion in Port Melbourne
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- "Game of Thrones" Season 5 Spoilers -- Arya Stark’s New Costume, Mace Tyrell And Tycho Spotted On The Sets
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 19, 2014: Hope Needs To Decide If She Will Stay With Wyatt Or Go With Liam [WATCH VIDEO]
- The Pirate Bay Founder Peter Sunde’s Freedom: Hollywood People Oppose TPB Founder’s Imprisonment
- 'Dancing With The Stars' (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Week 2 Spoilers: Things To Expect; Find Out Which Choreographer Is Quitting
- 'Downton Abbey' Spoilers: 'Surprising New Stories' In Season 5, George Clooney's Cameo Appearance
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Unofficial ‘Samsung Galaxy Alpha’ Can Now Be Purchased For $700 In The US
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1
- Sony Xperia E3 vs. Moto G (2014) – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown