MasterChef Australia 6 Recap: Episode 54 Finals Week Starts, Contestants Get Personalised Mystery Boxes from Loved Ones
By Janice Somosot | July 21, 2014 4:00 PM EST
"MasterChef Australia" Season 6, Episode 54 aired on Sunday, July 20, 2014. Finals Week has started and the remaining contestants get personalised mystery boxes from their loved ones. Wondering what else happened in this episode, including what's inside the mystery boxes? If you want to find out, read on for the "MasterChef Australia" 6 recap of Episode 54.
In "MasterChef Australia" Season 6, Episode 54, the Top 6 contestants Emelia Jackson, Jamie Fleming, Laura Cassai, Tracy Collins, Brent Owens and Ben Macdonald received mystery boxes and in it they found ingredients such as pineapple, lemons, chilis, fish, etc. that were picked out by their loved ones. They must use these ingredients to cook a special and scrumptious dish that will please the "MasterChef Australia" judges Gary Mehigan, George Calombaris and Matt Preston. The Top 6 contestants must cook their chosen dishes within 45 minutes only!
Aside from the ingredients, they also found letters written by their loved ones in the mystery boxes that were given to them.
Plus, three contestants (Laura, Ben and Jamie) had to make the Ultimate Banana Split to avoid being eliminated from "MasterChef Australia" Season 6. Meanwhile, Tracy, Emelia and Brent observed them from afar.
Professional Dessert Chefs Darren Purchese, Christy Tania and Nick Palumbo talked to Laura, Jamie and Ben about the banana split that they had to make using Chef Purchese's recipe.
Unfortunately, Ben Macdonald, the 36-year-old IT Systems Consultant from Queensland (QLD) got eliminated in this episode.
Only the Top 5 "MasterChef Australia" 6 contestants remain and these are:
1. Brent Owens
2. Emelia Jackson
3. Jamie Fleming
4. Laura Cassai
5. Tracy Collins
Click HERE to see photos of the Finals Week Begins from the official Web site gallery of "MasterChef Australia."
Click HERE to see the latest recipes from "MasterChef Australia" 6 including the Banana Split by Darren Purchese, the Snapper with Roasted Pineapple and Praline by Emelia Jackson, the Chicken with Cauliflower 3 Ways by Tracy Collins and the White Chocolate Pannacotta with Coconut by Brent Owens.
That's it for the "MasterChef Australia" 6 recap of Episode 54 which featured the start of the Finals Week and the personalised mystery boxes that the contestants received from their loved ones. It was shown on July 20, 2014 at Network Ten. Watch the full episode HERE. Don't miss "MasterChef Australia" 6 from Sunday to Thursday at 7:30 p.m. Keep reading the International Business Times (IBT) for more updates about your favourite Australian cooking competition and other news about entertainment, technology, health, finance, business and sports.
MasterChef Australia 6 Recap: Episode 53 Sudden Death Elimination Challlenge and MasterClass with Chef Heston Blumenthal at Stones of the Yarra Valley
MasterChef Australia 6 Recap: Episode 52 The Five Senses Challenge Using the Sense of Sight, Hearing, Smell, Touch and Taste to Make Dishes
MasterChef Australia 6 Recap: Episode 51 Heston Week Continues with the Challenge to Run The Hotel Albion in Port Melbourne
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 4 New Zealand Promo: Beth Greene’s Brave Side In 'Slabtown'
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy