Batman V Superman: Batsuit Causes Delays In Filming, Ben Affleck Unhappy At Tight Costume
By Tanya Diente | July 21, 2014 3:22 PM EST
The batsuit is reportedly delaying filming for "Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice" since it is too tight and new Batman actor Ben Affleck is reportedly not happy about it.
The Batmobile used in the 1995 movie "Batman Forever" is pictured during a media preview of Warner Bros. VIP Studio Tour "The Batman Exhibit" in Burbank, California June 26, 2014.
Insiders told Daily Star the "Daredevil "actor finds it hard to breathe in the batsuit since it is reportedly very tight.
"The suit is extremely restrictive. Ben finds it hard to perform basic tasks and struggles to look natural," said the insider.
The suit is not an easy task to put on and off, as Ben Affleck reportedly needs a lot of assistance to do so. Putting the batsuit on and then taking it off would accordingly take up to 30 minutes a day.
Bathroom breaks has also been proven difficult which resulted to delays in filming. Jennifer Garner's husband finds it very tiresome to go to the bathroom to a point that he totally avoids it.
"He's constantly trying to avoid going to the toilet because it's such an ordeal," the source added.
The source claimed it's "not an ideal situation" to go through the same ordeal of taking the batsuit off and putting it back on when the actor goes for a bathroom break.
Ben Affleck reportedly is not the only "Batman" actor who has complained of "restrictions" in the batsuit.
Comicbook reported that Michael Keaton also suffered the same fate when he played the character for Tim Burton's "Batman" movies. The site claimed if the insider's claims are true, then it would prove that the batsuit is not just made of simple cloth. Batman's costume could consist of layers and parts of padding.
When the image of the batsuit and the batmobile were first released, fans were wondering why it was in monochrome. However, Kevin Smith shed light to this inquiry according to batman-news.
Smith said the chrome colored picture is "not a representation of what the suit looks like. "
On his episode #168 on Hollywood Babble-On podcast, Smith revealed he saw the actual photo of the batsuit in November when Zack Snyder showed him Ben Affleck's photo as Batman. What he saw was a detailed colored version of the batsuit.
Kevin Smith hinted that fans should check the batsuit in the third book of Frank Miller's "The Dark Knight Returns" if they want to see "the exact f***ing outfit" Ben Affleck would wear as Batman.
Source: YouTube/MOVIECLIPS Extras
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron' Teaser Trailer: Fans' Cry At ‘Epic’ Footage, Vision Not Featured
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’