Batman V Superman: Batsuit Causes Delays In Filming, Ben Affleck Unhappy At Tight Costume
By Tanya Diente | July 21, 2014 3:22 PM EST
The batsuit is reportedly delaying filming for "Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice" since it is too tight and new Batman actor Ben Affleck is reportedly not happy about it.
The Batmobile used in the 1995 movie "Batman Forever" is pictured during a media preview of Warner Bros. VIP Studio Tour "The Batman Exhibit" in Burbank, California June 26, 2014.
Insiders told Daily Star the "Daredevil "actor finds it hard to breathe in the batsuit since it is reportedly very tight.
"The suit is extremely restrictive. Ben finds it hard to perform basic tasks and struggles to look natural," said the insider.
The suit is not an easy task to put on and off, as Ben Affleck reportedly needs a lot of assistance to do so. Putting the batsuit on and then taking it off would accordingly take up to 30 minutes a day.
Bathroom breaks has also been proven difficult which resulted to delays in filming. Jennifer Garner's husband finds it very tiresome to go to the bathroom to a point that he totally avoids it.
"He's constantly trying to avoid going to the toilet because it's such an ordeal," the source added.
The source claimed it's "not an ideal situation" to go through the same ordeal of taking the batsuit off and putting it back on when the actor goes for a bathroom break.
Ben Affleck reportedly is not the only "Batman" actor who has complained of "restrictions" in the batsuit.
Comicbook reported that Michael Keaton also suffered the same fate when he played the character for Tim Burton's "Batman" movies. The site claimed if the insider's claims are true, then it would prove that the batsuit is not just made of simple cloth. Batman's costume could consist of layers and parts of padding.
When the image of the batsuit and the batmobile were first released, fans were wondering why it was in monochrome. However, Kevin Smith shed light to this inquiry according to batman-news.
Smith said the chrome colored picture is "not a representation of what the suit looks like. "
On his episode #168 on Hollywood Babble-On podcast, Smith revealed he saw the actual photo of the batsuit in November when Zack Snyder showed him Ben Affleck's photo as Batman. What he saw was a detailed colored version of the batsuit.
Kevin Smith hinted that fans should check the batsuit in the third book of Frank Miller's "The Dark Knight Returns" if they want to see "the exact f***ing outfit" Ben Affleck would wear as Batman.
Source: YouTube/MOVIECLIPS Extras
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Camilla Parker-Bowles To Become Queen When Prince Charles Accedes To The Throne
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 2 Major Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Strangers’
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage