Batman V Superman: Batsuit Causes Delays In Filming, Ben Affleck Unhappy At Tight Costume
By Tanya Diente | July 21, 2014 3:22 PM EST
The batsuit is reportedly delaying filming for "Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice" since it is too tight and new Batman actor Ben Affleck is reportedly not happy about it.
The Batmobile used in the 1995 movie "Batman Forever" is pictured during a media preview of Warner Bros. VIP Studio Tour "The Batman Exhibit" in Burbank, California June 26, 2014.
Insiders told Daily Star the "Daredevil "actor finds it hard to breathe in the batsuit since it is reportedly very tight.
"The suit is extremely restrictive. Ben finds it hard to perform basic tasks and struggles to look natural," said the insider.
The suit is not an easy task to put on and off, as Ben Affleck reportedly needs a lot of assistance to do so. Putting the batsuit on and then taking it off would accordingly take up to 30 minutes a day.
Bathroom breaks has also been proven difficult which resulted to delays in filming. Jennifer Garner's husband finds it very tiresome to go to the bathroom to a point that he totally avoids it.
"He's constantly trying to avoid going to the toilet because it's such an ordeal," the source added.
The source claimed it's "not an ideal situation" to go through the same ordeal of taking the batsuit off and putting it back on when the actor goes for a bathroom break.
Ben Affleck reportedly is not the only "Batman" actor who has complained of "restrictions" in the batsuit.
Comicbook reported that Michael Keaton also suffered the same fate when he played the character for Tim Burton's "Batman" movies. The site claimed if the insider's claims are true, then it would prove that the batsuit is not just made of simple cloth. Batman's costume could consist of layers and parts of padding.
When the image of the batsuit and the batmobile were first released, fans were wondering why it was in monochrome. However, Kevin Smith shed light to this inquiry according to batman-news.
Smith said the chrome colored picture is "not a representation of what the suit looks like. "
On his episode #168 on Hollywood Babble-On podcast, Smith revealed he saw the actual photo of the batsuit in November when Zack Snyder showed him Ben Affleck's photo as Batman. What he saw was a detailed colored version of the batsuit.
Kevin Smith hinted that fans should check the batsuit in the third book of Frank Miller's "The Dark Knight Returns" if they want to see "the exact f***ing outfit" Ben Affleck would wear as Batman.
Source: YouTube/MOVIECLIPS Extras
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Shocking Inside Stories Of Prince Charles and Princess Diana Revealed By Former Press Officer
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Spoilers: Queen Elsa Of 'Frozen' May Not Be The Big Villain (Premiere Date In A Week's Time)
- Rihanna Nude Photos Leaked – The Fappening 2: Second Wave Of Celebrities Nude Pictures Leak on 4chan And Reddit
- Another Celebrity Nude Photo Leak: Naked Pics Of Liam Payne And Kim Kardashian Uploaded Online
- Madonna Posts Video Of Son Hailed As Possibly The Next Dancing Prodigy
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?