Apple iPhone 6 Will Reportedly Feature Better TouchID Sensor, 13-MP Camera, Spigen Case on Release Date
By Ma Evelyn Castino Quilas | July 21, 2014 3:16 PM EST
As the release date gets nearer for the much-rumoured Apple iPhone 6, words have also spread over the Internet that the smartphone will feature better touchID sensor, Spigen case and 13-MP camera instead of the previously mentioned 8-MP shooter.
The logo of Sharp Corp is seen reflected on Apple Inc's MacBook Pro at an electronics store in Tokyo in this January 15, 2013 file photo. Apple Inc suppliers will begin mass producing displays as early as May 2014 for the next iPhone, expected to be launched this autumn, with a 4.7-inch screen likely to be produced first while a 5.5-inch version could be delayed, supply chain sources said. Japan Display Inc, Sharp Corp and South Korea's LG Display Co Ltd have all been tapped to make the screens, said the sources, who asked not to be identified.
Pictures of a new TouchID sensor have emerged in an article from GSM Arena showing a relocated sensor to fit perfectly with the new design of the next flagship phone. The photos showed the screw holes placed in line with the smartphone's metal housing.
The Web site also mentioned the improved TouchID hardware will also be more durable than the predecessor model Apple iPhone 5S. This feature is reportedly due to the use of tin in the company's manufacturing process.
Meanwhile, GforGames reported the camera in the upcoming iPhone 6 models may beef up to 13 MP with an accompanying 1/2.3″ sensor courtesy of Sony Exmor IMX220. Based on the resolution sampling, the unit will reportedly be capable of 3,840 x 1,080 display resolution in video recording.
The Web site also showed a diagram indicating the detailed specification of the new Sony Exmor IMX220 shooter . The same camera sensor is also rumoured to come out in the Sony Xperia Z3.
In related news, Amazon has already listed the Spigen case for the 4.7-inch model of the upcoming iPhone 6 on its Web listing. The accompanying photo of the Web listing showed the Spigen case mounted on the smartphone but only half of the front panel was shown. The entire back panel of the Spigen case was completely revealed which showed a clear white colour featuring an air cushion technology corners plus bumper case.
The Web listing also mentioned the Spigen case provided dual protection through the combined TPU and polycarbonate on the crystal-clear iPhone 6 case with flexible edge. Amazon also showed Sept. 30, 2014 as the "in stock" date for the cases which also coincided with the previous listing in Amazon Japan earlier this month indicating the specs, release date and price of the iPhone 6 4.7-inch variant.
According to Amazon Japan, the 4.7-inch model of iPhone 6 will hit the market in iOS 8 operating system with 64 GB internal storage memory. It also mentioned the smartphone's display measurement of 130 mm in height, 65 mm in width and 7.0 mm in depth, with a weight of 113 g.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Cavaliers, LeBron James Flop In First Game Back In Cleveland; New York Knicks, Melo Pull Off Road Upset, 95-90 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]
- Updated iOS 8 Pangu Untethered Jailbreak Now Fully Works with Cydia: Key Fixes & Mods to Expect
- Ex-Ohio Trooper Pleads Guilty To Issuing Sex as Penalty To Women Motorists