Iggy Azalea Leads MTV Video Music Awards; 5SOS, Ariana Grande, and Usher to Perform LIVE
By Rachelle Corpuz | July 21, 2014 2:49 PM EST
Iggy Azalea leads the nominations for the 2014 Video Music Awards (VMA). The Aussie-born singer-rapper who just celebrated her 24th birthday on June 7 is nominated for seven awards including Video of the Year, Best Female, and Best Pop.
Singer and model Iggy Azalea arrives for the BRIT Awards, celebrating British pop music, at the O2 Arena in London February 19, 2014.
Iggy took her delight to Twitter upon knowing that she was nominated in seven different categories. "Just woke up to the news I've been nominated for 7 VMAs," she tweeted. "Huge news, really hope I walk away with an award this year, fingers crossed," she added.
The ceremony will take place at the Forum in Inglewood, California on Aug. 24. Some of the world's biggest music stars are slated to perform. Aussie pop punk and rock band 5 Seconds of Summer, who is nominated for the MTV Artist to Watch Award, will perform live as stated on MTV's official Web site. In addition to the boys of 5 Seconds of Summer, Usher and Ariana Grande are also set to deliver great performances at the upcoming event.
Usher is not a rookie to VMA performances. In 2004, Usher has put on quite a show when he performed his hit songs "Confessions" and "Yeah." He delivered yet another solid rock performance in the 2014 MTV VMA and sang "DJ Got as Fallin' in Love" and "OMG." Four years later, Usher will be back on the VMA stage. "Performing live is the purest form of musical expression and I am damn happy to return to the VMA stage with new music," Usher told MTV. He is nominated for Best Choreography for his song "Good Kisser."
Quirky petite singer Ariana Grande will also perform her single "Break Free." It will be Ariana's first-ever appearance in the music awards show. She is up for three awards, namely, Best Pop, Best Female, and Best Collaboration.
For the complete list of nominees, visit MTV.com.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- Toni Nadal Says Roger Federer Is The Greatest Of All Time
- Chelsea FC: Thibaut Courtois Thanks Cech For Tips Following Injury Scare, Not Ready To Relinquish No. 1 Spot
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage