MasterChef Australia 6 Recap: Episode 53 Sudden Death Elimination Challlenge and MasterClass with Chef Heston Blumenthal at Stones of the Yarra Valley
By Janice Somosot | July 21, 2014 2:25 PM EST
"MasterChef Australia" Season 6, Episode 53 aired on Thursday, July 17, 2014. Heston Week continued on with the Sudden Death Elimination Challlenge and MasterClass with Chef Heston Blumenthal at Stones of the Yarra Valley. Other "MasterChef Australia" judges including Gary Mehigan and George Calombaris conducted their own MasterClass with the Top 6 contestants. Wondering what else happened in this episode? If you want to find out, read on for the "MasterChef Australia" 6 recap of Episode 53.
In "MasterChef Australia" Season 6, Episode 53, the contestants had to participate in a Sudden Death Elimination Challlenge. Unfortunately, Amy Shields, the 37-year-old Learning Systems Admin from Western Australia (WA) was eliminated in this episode.
Here are the "MasterChef Australia" Season 6 Top 6 Contestants:
1. Emelia Jackson
2. Laura Cassai
3. Jamie Fleming
4. Tracy Collins
5. Brent Owens
6. Ben Macdonald
The Top 6 contestants attended special MasterClass sessions with judges Gary Mehigan, George Calombaris and Chef Heston Blumenthal.
Mehigan chose to teach the "MasterChef Australia" Season 6 Top 6 contestants his Lamb Hot-Pot with Kidneys and Crisp Potatoes and Freekah Salad. Click HERE to view the recipe from the official "MasterChef Australia" Web site.
On the other hand, George Calombaris taught his Pavlova recipe to the Top 6 contestants. Click HERE to view the recipe from the official "MasterChef Australia" Web site.
Meanwhile, the guest of honor, Chef Heston Blumenthal taught the contestants his famous nitro cocktails using liquid nitrogen, including the Gin and Tonic Nitro, Green Tea and Lime Nitro Cocktail and the Campari Nitro Cocktail. Click HERE to view the recipe for Chef Blumenthal's Gin and Tonic Nitro.
Click HERE to see photos of Heston Week from the official Web site gallery of "MasterChef Australia."
Click HERE to see the latest recipes from "MasterChef Australia" 6.
Click HERE to see the other MasterClass recipes including the Tuna with Capers, Olives and Lemon by Marco Pierre White, the Blue Swimmer Crab with Stir Fried Greens by Kylie Kwong, the Red Wine Pears, Gingerbread, Red Wine Granita, Walnut Crumble by Alla Wolf-Tasker and the Apple Tarte Tartin by Darren Purchese.
Click HERE to see Chef Heston Blumenthal's other recipes including the Sorbet, Tagliata Steak, Beetroot Risotto, The Perfect...Scrambled Eggs, Fish and Chips, The Essential... Flourless Mustard Sauce, the BFG Hot Chocolate and the Roasted Leg of Lamb with Garlic, Rosemary and Anchovy.
That's it for the "MasterChef Australia" 6 recap of Episode 53 which featured the Sudden Death Elimination Challlenge and MasterClass with Chef Heston Blumenthal at Stones of the Yarra Valley. It was shown on July 17, 2014 at Network Ten. Watch the full episode HERE. Don't miss "MasterChef Australia" 6 from Sunday to Thursday at 7:30 p.m. Keep reading the International Business Times (IBT) for more updates about your favourite Australian cooking competition and other news about entertainment, health, technology, business, sports and finance.
MasterChef Australia 6 Recap: Episode 52 The Five Senses Challenge Using the Sense of Sight, Hearing, Smell, Touch and Taste to Make Dishes
MasterChef Australia 6 Recap: Episode 51 Heston Week Continues with the Challenge to Run The Hotel Albion in Port Melbourne
MasterChef Australia 6 Recap: Episode 50 The Beetroot Risotto Cook-Off with Chef Heston Blumenthal [WATCH VIDEO]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 1, 2014: Hope Reveals Something To Wyatt And Katie Almost Loses A Loved One [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Season 2 Preview: Someone Drops The L Bomb, Marriage Proposal In Season Finale
- “American Horror Story” Season 4 Spoilers: Emma Roberts' Maggie And Evan Peters’ Jimmy Darling To Be In A Romantic Relationship
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5: Human Flesh Burgers Unveiled To Celebrate TWD’s New Season
- George Clooney Divorced Talia Balsam Years Before Getting Married to Amal Alamuddin: Know About Clooney's Ex Wife
- Apple iPhone 6 vs. OnePlus One: With Invitation-Only Model Rested, OnePlus One Can Be A Real Threat To iPhone 6
- 3 Signs Nexus 6, 8 Release Date Nears: Leaked Pics, KitKat Factory Image & Android L Details Emerge
- ISIS Supporters are Walking Among the Many in the United States – Report
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- Samsung Aware Of Gap Issue On Galaxy Note 4, Mentions It As Important Manufacturing Feature In Note 4 User Manual
- Airstrikes Against ISIS Has Claimed Innocent Lives In Syria, Dubbed ‘Ineffective’ By Jihadi Fighters, US Military To Ask For More Spending Money
- ISIS Receives Food, Ammunition Due To Mistake Of Iraqi Pilots