5 Hollywood Weddings that Made Our Jaws Drop
July 21, 2014 2:22 PM EST
Hollywood weddings are always a spectacle that usually includes a barrage of paparazzi, millions of dollars, a star-studded guest list as well as some of the most outrageous ideas. The average individual can only pause to appreciate or give a big sigh of relief that they are not part of the whole debacle. Here are the top five celebrity weddings that had the shock and awe factors.
Britain's Prince William, the Duke of Cambridge, and his wife Catherine, the Duchess of Cambridge.
1. Michael Jordan and Yvette Prieto
NBA's greatest of all time was remarried to model Yvette Prieto. They got married in Jupiter, Florida, Michael's favourite golf destination where he built a luxurious mansion. There were 300 guests as well as stars who performed to everyone's delight such as Usher and Robin Thicke. They had to rent a giant tent to accommodate all their special guests and relatives. A crystal encrusted rum wedding cake consisting of seven layers also dominated one side of the ballroom. Prieto had a handmade silk lace designer dress for her big day. Everything cost $10 million.
2. Prince William and Kate Middleton
Arguably the biggest wedding of the decade, William and Kate tied the knot for a record-breaking $34 million, $32 million of which was spent on security. The Welsh gold wedding ring cost about $11,000. The flowers cost $800,000 while the food and champagne amounted to $210,000. It was a fairy tale wedding come true.
3. Paul McCartney and Heather Mills
Although their divorce cost a record-breaking sum, they also married in the most luxurious way at St. Salvador's Church in Monaghan, Ireland. McCartney wrote a special song entitled "Heather" just for his bride. There were plenty of stars in attendance like Sir Elton John, Ringo Starr and Eric Clapton among others. The wedding cost $3 million.
4. Liza Minnelli and David Gest
Their wedding was very famous for having probably the most celebrity guests in one occasion other than an awards show. Elizabeth Taylor was Maid of Honour while Michael Jackson was Best Man. There were 1,000 guests in all as well as a 50-piece orchestra. Everything cost $4.2 million.
5. Michael Douglas and Catherine Zeta-Jones
They got married in 2000 in New York. Bonnie Tyler and Mick Hucknall entertained the 250 guests at the Plaza Hotel. The couple also had hologram-embedded invitations to ward off gatecrashers. Their wedding cost $1.5 million.
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Filming Spoilers: Beardless Rick Grimes Seems To Be On The Set
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 1, 2014: Hope Reveals Something To Wyatt And Katie Almost Loses A Loved One [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘Orange is the New Black Story’ Season 3 Update: New Corrections Officer To Be Introduced, Likely To Take Pornstache's Position At Litchfield Penitentiary
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Season 2 Preview: Someone Drops The L Bomb, Marriage Proposal In Season Finale
- “American Horror Story” Season 4 Spoilers: Emma Roberts' Maggie And Evan Peters’ Jimmy Darling To Be In A Romantic Relationship
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build