5 Hollywood Weddings that Made Our Jaws Drop
July 21, 2014 2:22 PM EST
Hollywood weddings are always a spectacle that usually includes a barrage of paparazzi, millions of dollars, a star-studded guest list as well as some of the most outrageous ideas. The average individual can only pause to appreciate or give a big sigh of relief that they are not part of the whole debacle. Here are the top five celebrity weddings that had the shock and awe factors.
Britain's Prince William, the Duke of Cambridge, and his wife Catherine, the Duchess of Cambridge.
1. Michael Jordan and Yvette Prieto
NBA's greatest of all time was remarried to model Yvette Prieto. They got married in Jupiter, Florida, Michael's favourite golf destination where he built a luxurious mansion. There were 300 guests as well as stars who performed to everyone's delight such as Usher and Robin Thicke. They had to rent a giant tent to accommodate all their special guests and relatives. A crystal encrusted rum wedding cake consisting of seven layers also dominated one side of the ballroom. Prieto had a handmade silk lace designer dress for her big day. Everything cost $10 million.
2. Prince William and Kate Middleton
Arguably the biggest wedding of the decade, William and Kate tied the knot for a record-breaking $34 million, $32 million of which was spent on security. The Welsh gold wedding ring cost about $11,000. The flowers cost $800,000 while the food and champagne amounted to $210,000. It was a fairy tale wedding come true.
3. Paul McCartney and Heather Mills
Although their divorce cost a record-breaking sum, they also married in the most luxurious way at St. Salvador's Church in Monaghan, Ireland. McCartney wrote a special song entitled "Heather" just for his bride. There were plenty of stars in attendance like Sir Elton John, Ringo Starr and Eric Clapton among others. The wedding cost $3 million.
4. Liza Minnelli and David Gest
Their wedding was very famous for having probably the most celebrity guests in one occasion other than an awards show. Elizabeth Taylor was Maid of Honour while Michael Jackson was Best Man. There were 1,000 guests in all as well as a 50-piece orchestra. Everything cost $4.2 million.
5. Michael Douglas and Catherine Zeta-Jones
They got married in 2000 in New York. Bonnie Tyler and Mick Hucknall entertained the 250 guests at the Plaza Hotel. The couple also had hologram-embedded invitations to ward off gatecrashers. Their wedding cost $1.5 million.
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report