5 Hollywood Weddings that Made Our Jaws Drop
July 21, 2014 2:22 PM EST
Hollywood weddings are always a spectacle that usually includes a barrage of paparazzi, millions of dollars, a star-studded guest list as well as some of the most outrageous ideas. The average individual can only pause to appreciate or give a big sigh of relief that they are not part of the whole debacle. Here are the top five celebrity weddings that had the shock and awe factors.
Britain's Prince William, the Duke of Cambridge, and his wife Catherine, the Duchess of Cambridge.
1. Michael Jordan and Yvette Prieto
NBA's greatest of all time was remarried to model Yvette Prieto. They got married in Jupiter, Florida, Michael's favourite golf destination where he built a luxurious mansion. There were 300 guests as well as stars who performed to everyone's delight such as Usher and Robin Thicke. They had to rent a giant tent to accommodate all their special guests and relatives. A crystal encrusted rum wedding cake consisting of seven layers also dominated one side of the ballroom. Prieto had a handmade silk lace designer dress for her big day. Everything cost $10 million.
2. Prince William and Kate Middleton
Arguably the biggest wedding of the decade, William and Kate tied the knot for a record-breaking $34 million, $32 million of which was spent on security. The Welsh gold wedding ring cost about $11,000. The flowers cost $800,000 while the food and champagne amounted to $210,000. It was a fairy tale wedding come true.
3. Paul McCartney and Heather Mills
Although their divorce cost a record-breaking sum, they also married in the most luxurious way at St. Salvador's Church in Monaghan, Ireland. McCartney wrote a special song entitled "Heather" just for his bride. There were plenty of stars in attendance like Sir Elton John, Ringo Starr and Eric Clapton among others. The wedding cost $3 million.
4. Liza Minnelli and David Gest
Their wedding was very famous for having probably the most celebrity guests in one occasion other than an awards show. Elizabeth Taylor was Maid of Honour while Michael Jackson was Best Man. There were 1,000 guests in all as well as a 50-piece orchestra. Everything cost $4.2 million.
5. Michael Douglas and Catherine Zeta-Jones
They got married in 2000 in New York. Bonnie Tyler and Mick Hucknall entertained the 250 guests at the Plaza Hotel. The couple also had hologram-embedded invitations to ward off gatecrashers. Their wedding cost $1.5 million.
Join the Conversation
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Spoilers: Queen Elsa Of 'Frozen' May Not Be The Big Villain (Premiere Date In A Week's Time)
- Rihanna Nude Photos Leaked – The Fappening 2: Second Wave Of Celebrities Nude Pictures Leak on 4chan And Reddit
- 'Castle' Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic's Kate Beckett, NYPD To Discover The Real Rick Castle
- 'Under The Dome' Season 2 Finale Spoilers: An Exit Route Appears But Not Everyone Gets Out Alive, 'Under The Dome' Season 3 Update [VIDEO]
- Bruce Jenner Sex Change Reports Resurface As He Shaves His Leg, Behaves Feminine Inside A Coffee Shop
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Samsung Galaxy S5: Battle of the Samsung Flagship Smartphones
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Apple iPad Air 2, OS X Yosemite Release Date Set For October, While iPad Mini 3 With Retina Headed For 2015 Release
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed
- Purported Xiaomi Redmi Note Successor Powered With Monstrous Processor Under Wraps, Will Take On Meizu MX4