Supernatural Season 10 Spoilers: EP Jeremy Carver Teases Singing and Dancing in 200th Episode, CW President Talks about Spinoff Series
By Jenalyn Villamarin | July 21, 2014 1:48 PM EST
The CW Network TV series "Supernatural" is working on their double milestone with Season 10 and the upcoming 200th episode of the show. Actors Jared Padalecki (Sam Winchester) and Jensen Ackles (Dean Winchester) sat down at the 2014 Television Critics Association (TCA) Press Tour on Friday, July 18, with executive producer Jeremy Carver to tease details on the new season from "Demon Dean" and a musical-like episode.
The "Supernatural" stars revealed during the interview that they still get excited working on the show reaching its tenth year in the modern period of TV series. "I think we're all on the same page. We still get excited about it. And I think that hasn't tarnished in 10 years," Ackles, who portrays the older Winchester brother, revealed to the TV critics.
The 36-year-old actor added that as long as there is fulfillment, enjoyment and the viewers are still entertained, they will still continue telling stories of the Winchester brothers. Co-star Jared Padalecki, 32, agreed and declared that the show quality will not diminish in Jeremy Carver's hands. "I think we know the show enough and our characters enough to, if there's an end coming, I think we'll all see it," Padalecki stated.
When it was executive producer's time to talk about "Supernatural" Season 10, Jeremy Carver teased that fans can look forward to a musical-like 200th episode. "I think it'll be one of the more amusing and engaging episodes we've done in a while. I would just describe it as something of a love letter to our fans and there will be songs," Carver teased in the E!Online report.
The executive producer responded to some follow-up questions about the teased musical episode. According to Jeremy Carver, the episode will have more than one song with original and cover songs as well as potential dancing.
However, Carver did not comment any further when asked if the fans can listen to Jared Padalecki and Jensen Ackles singing in the 200th episode. The executive producer assured that the "musical" episode will be a fun one for the fans as it celebrates the milestone with their love and support for the TV series.
The other things that Jeremy Carver teased during the interview are the introduction of new characters in "Supernatural" Season 10 from demons, to angels, ghosts and werewolves, the focus on "Demon Dean," Castiel (Misha Collins) and the arrival of a mysterious character that will bring all kinds of trouble to the Winchesters.
The executive producer confessed that he cannot give away details too much due to the fear of spoiling the exciting stuff that will happen in the brand new season. Meanwhile, CW President Mark Pedowitz briefly talked about the "Supernatural" spinoff series that was cut short.
According to the IGN report, the network is still looking for the possible story development for the spinoff series. CW President Mark Pedowitz admitted that the "Supernatural" Season 9 episode titled "Bloodlines" was not able to bring them where they wanted to go with the show.
Despite the unsuccessful attempt, the CW President further admitted that he still wants to have a "Supernatural" spinoff. "We have told Jeremy [Carver] and Eric [Kripke, EP] and Bob Singer [EP] that we are very open to do another spinoff," Pedowitz revealed.
"Supernatural" Season 10 is scheduled to premiere on Tuesday night, Oct 7, at 9 pm ET on the CW Network.
More Articles to Read:
Supernatural Season 10 Spoilers: Demon Dean to Have an Intense Fling with a Waitress Named Ann Marie - [READ]
Supernatural Season 10 Spoilers: Synopsis for New Season Released, Sam's Search for Missing Dean Leads Him to a Dark Path - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Premiere Questions: 'Frozen' Story Kicks Off, Queen Elsa vs Emma Swan vs The Evil Queen - New Story Unfolds [SPOILERS]
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Boxing News 2014: Social Media War Between Boxers Continues As Pacquiao Repeats Comment That Mayweather Acts Like Uneducated Person, While Ignoring ‘Miss Pac Man’ Post
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate