FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
By Ma Evelyn Castino Quilas | July 21, 2014 1:19 PM EST
Contrary to previous smartphone releases, Japan-based multinational company Sony is set to storm the U.S. market with recent rumours on approval of the Federal Communication Commission (FCC) for Sony's next flagship phone, the Sony Xperia Z3.
Indonesian youth walk near a Sony sign during Digital Imaging expo in Jakarta, March 5, 2014.
GSM Arena recently reported the FCC test completion of a Sony device codenamed D6603 which matched with the Sony Xperia Z3 based on Sony's model number convention. The FCC checked the said model number for its communication capabilities.
According to the said Web site, the device listed in the FCC database mentioned about NFC, Bluetooth and dual-band WiFi a/b/g/n/ac features as well as support for LTE and GSM bands. GSM Arena also mentioned that the early approval from the FCC suggests Sony is set to simultaneously launch the smartphone both in the U.S. market and international destinations.
Slashgear pointed out that Sony had previously launched products in the U.S. market at a later time than other international countries. For instance, the Xperia Z1 Compact was revealed early January of this year but only became available in the U.S. market in the second week of July.
Various sources have already hinted the release date and specs of Sony Xperia Z3. According to GSM Arena, the smartphone will be released come September of this year. Meanwhile, Xperia Blog showed leaked photos of the Chinese version of the phone with model number L55t.
The blog also mentioned the Sony Xperia Z3 will come with Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 MSM8974-AC quad-core processors clocked at 2.5 GHz. It will have Adreno 330 graphics and run on Android 4.4.4 KitKat operating system. The smartphone will reportedly have 20.7-MP camera with Exmor RS lens.
In terms of design, early rumours cited the Sony Xperia Z3 will follow the square shape of the previous Sony Z smartphones. PC Advisor stated the gadget will reportedly have a metal frame with PVD coating creating an attractive mirror-like finish similar to stainless steel. Also, this device will reportedly have a thinner and stronger built. It will also be more resilient to bumps and scrapes from accidental damages.
To see the leaked photos of the Sony Xperia Z3, please visit Xperia blog by clicking here.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build