MasterChef Australia 6 Recap: Episode 52 The Five Senses Challenge Using the Sense of Sight, Hearing, Smell, Touch and Taste to Make Dishes
By Janice Somosot | July 21, 2014 12:45 PM EST
"MasterChef Australia" Season 6, Episode 52 aired on Wednesday, July 16, 2014. Heston Week continued on with the Five Senses Challenge using the sense of sight, hearing, smell, touch and taste to make the mouthwatering dishes. Celebrity chef and The Fat Duck owner Chef Heston Blumenthal guided the contestants to successfully accomplish this particular challenge. Wondering what else happened in this episode? If you want to find out, read on for the "MasterChef Australia" 6 recap of Episode 52.
In "MasterChef Australia" Season 6, Episode 52, Jamie Fleming, Laura Cassai, Amy Shields and Emelia Jackson picked out the ingredients for the Five Senses Challenge. In this challenge, the remaining contestants were tasked to make a special dish inspired by the sense of taste and one other sense of their choice (sight, smell, hearing and touch).
Emelia decided to make a very personal dish, Jamie chose the sense of smell as his inspiration for his unique creation, Laura deviated from her usual Italian inspired recipes and Amy suffered an injury while cooking. Thankfully, it's nothing serious and she was allowed to continue cooking after being treated.
Click HERE to see the latest recipes from "MasterChef Australia" 6.
As for the other contestants Brent Owens, Ben Macdonald and Tracy Collins, they were exempted from this challenge because they did well in the previous challenges. They only stayed in the sidelines and watched the other contestants work their magic from the gantry.
"MasterChef Australia" 6 judges chef and restaurateur Gary Mehigan, Chef George Calombaris and food critic Matt Preston assisted Chef Blumenthal with judging the dishes that Jamie, Amy, Emelia and Laura prepared.
Click HERE to see photos of Heston Week from the official Web site gallery of "MasterChef Australia."
Speaking of Chef Blumenthal, you can also click HERE to see his other recipes including the Beetroot Risotto, The Perfect...Scrambled Eggs, The Essential... Flourless Mustard Sauce, Sorbet, Gin and Tonic Nitro, Fish and Chips, the BFG Hot Chocolate, Roasted Leg of Lamb with Garlic, Rosemary and Anchovy and the Tagliata Steak.
That's it for the "MasterChef Australia" 6 recap of Episode 52 which featured the Five Senses Challenge using the sense of sight, hearing, smell, touch and taste to make delicious dishes. It was shown on July 16, 2014 at Network Ten. Watch the full episode HERE. Don't miss "MasterChef Australia" 6 from Sunday to Thursday at 7:30 p.m. Keep reading the International Business Times (IBT) for more updates about your favourite Australian cooking competition and other news about entertainment, health, sports, finance, technology and business.
MasterChef Australia 6 Recap: Episode 51 Heston Week Continues with the Challenge to Run The Hotel Albion in Port Melbourne
MasterChef Australia 6 Recap: Episode 50 The Beetroot Risotto Cook-Off with Chef Heston Blumenthal [WATCH VIDEO]
MasterChef Australia 6 Recap: Episode 49 The Invention Test with Chef Heston Blumenthal and the Top 7 Contestants [WATCH VIDEO]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Rocks Semi-Nude Balmain Lattice Dress At Paris Fashion Week [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Premiere Questions: 'Frozen' Story Kicks Off, Queen Elsa vs Emma Swan vs The Evil Queen - New Story Unfolds [SPOILERS]
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate