MasterChef Australia 6 Recap: Episode 52 The Five Senses Challenge Using the Sense of Sight, Hearing, Smell, Touch and Taste to Make Dishes
By Janice Somosot | July 21, 2014 12:45 PM EST
"MasterChef Australia" Season 6, Episode 52 aired on Wednesday, July 16, 2014. Heston Week continued on with the Five Senses Challenge using the sense of sight, hearing, smell, touch and taste to make the mouthwatering dishes. Celebrity chef and The Fat Duck owner Chef Heston Blumenthal guided the contestants to successfully accomplish this particular challenge. Wondering what else happened in this episode? If you want to find out, read on for the "MasterChef Australia" 6 recap of Episode 52.
In "MasterChef Australia" Season 6, Episode 52, Jamie Fleming, Laura Cassai, Amy Shields and Emelia Jackson picked out the ingredients for the Five Senses Challenge. In this challenge, the remaining contestants were tasked to make a special dish inspired by the sense of taste and one other sense of their choice (sight, smell, hearing and touch).
Emelia decided to make a very personal dish, Jamie chose the sense of smell as his inspiration for his unique creation, Laura deviated from her usual Italian inspired recipes and Amy suffered an injury while cooking. Thankfully, it's nothing serious and she was allowed to continue cooking after being treated.
Click HERE to see the latest recipes from "MasterChef Australia" 6.
As for the other contestants Brent Owens, Ben Macdonald and Tracy Collins, they were exempted from this challenge because they did well in the previous challenges. They only stayed in the sidelines and watched the other contestants work their magic from the gantry.
"MasterChef Australia" 6 judges chef and restaurateur Gary Mehigan, Chef George Calombaris and food critic Matt Preston assisted Chef Blumenthal with judging the dishes that Jamie, Amy, Emelia and Laura prepared.
Click HERE to see photos of Heston Week from the official Web site gallery of "MasterChef Australia."
Speaking of Chef Blumenthal, you can also click HERE to see his other recipes including the Beetroot Risotto, The Perfect...Scrambled Eggs, The Essential... Flourless Mustard Sauce, Sorbet, Gin and Tonic Nitro, Fish and Chips, the BFG Hot Chocolate, Roasted Leg of Lamb with Garlic, Rosemary and Anchovy and the Tagliata Steak.
That's it for the "MasterChef Australia" 6 recap of Episode 52 which featured the Five Senses Challenge using the sense of sight, hearing, smell, touch and taste to make delicious dishes. It was shown on July 16, 2014 at Network Ten. Watch the full episode HERE. Don't miss "MasterChef Australia" 6 from Sunday to Thursday at 7:30 p.m. Keep reading the International Business Times (IBT) for more updates about your favourite Australian cooking competition and other news about entertainment, health, sports, finance, technology and business.
MasterChef Australia 6 Recap: Episode 51 Heston Week Continues with the Challenge to Run The Hotel Albion in Port Melbourne
MasterChef Australia 6 Recap: Episode 50 The Beetroot Risotto Cook-Off with Chef Heston Blumenthal [WATCH VIDEO]
MasterChef Australia 6 Recap: Episode 49 The Invention Test with Chef Heston Blumenthal and the Top 7 Contestants [WATCH VIDEO]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- Kristen Stewart ‘Not In Love’ With ‘Equals’ Co-star Nicholas Hoult -- Reports
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch