5 Smartphones That are Coming to Australia in 2014
July 21, 2014 12:37 PM EST
Due to growing competition among top tech companies in the world, 2014 will feature some of the most powerful and technologically savvy smartphones in Australia. Specifically, Sony, Samsung and Apple will have a number of devices to offer, full of new features and sharp looks for everyone's delight.
A Google search page is reflected in sunglasses in this photo illustration taken in Brussels May 30, 2014. Google has taken the first steps to meet a European ruling that citizens can have objectionable links removed from Internet search results, a ruling that pleased privacy campaigners but raised fears that the right can be abused to hide negative information.
1. iPhone 6
The "king of smartphones" Apple is expected to release the iPhone 6 in October or November 2014. Some of the things to expect in the new model include a higher resolution camera and a more efficient iOS. There are talks that two versions of the iPhone 6 will be featured. The first is smaller with a 4.7-inch screen while the second is a bigger model with a 5.5-inch screen.
2. LG G3
The new smartphone by LG is set to launch late in 2014. It features a 1,440 x 2,560 resolution display with a 2K/Quad-HD panel. The display also measures 5.5 inches. Other powerful features in the smartphone include the 32-GB internal storage with a microSD card slot for added memory, 3 GB RAM and 13-MP rear-facing camera.
3. HTC One E8
The smartphone is set to release in August or September 2014. It boasts of a lower price tag than the One M8, features a tough polycarbonate plastic instead of the traditional metal casing. The device has a 13-MP primary camera, a 5-inch display with a 1,920 x 1,080 resolution and quad-core CPU set at 2.5 GHz.
4. Nexus 6
Google's latest flagship smartphone is expected to launch in November 2014. It is expected to have a much lower price tag than the iPhone 6 and also feature a giant 5.5-inch display. The device features a quad-core MT6732 64-bit chip set at 1.5 GHz or an octa-core set at 2.0 GHz and a 3 GB RAM at least. Also, it is expected to have fingerprint sensor capabilities.
5. Nokia Lumia 930
The latest flagship smartphone by Nokia is set to release in September or October 2014. It will run on Windows 8.1 and feature Pureview imaging technology. It will have an internal memory of 32 GB and run on a quad-core chip set at 2.2 GHz.
All these upcoming devices will feature new apps and customisable features as well, so Australians should start looking out for the best sources and start comparing prices and options early.
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change
- Best Black Friday 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More