5 Super Hot Supermodels Who are 100% Australian
July 21, 2014 12:17 PM EST
Australia is home to some of the most beautiful faces and hottest bodies in the planet. Aside from having a sexy accent, these hot supermodels have built their reputation for their other talents and advocacies.
Model Miranda Kerr arrives at the 2014 Vanity Fair Oscars Party in West Hollywood, California March 2, 2014. REUTERS/Danny Moloshok
1. Miranda Kerr
Kerr is probably the most popular Australian supermodel at present. The 31-year-old model grew up in a quiet Australian countryside. When she was 13, she won the Dolly Magazine/Impulse model contest in 1997 and continued to appear in ads and magazines, primarily donning bathing suits and surf gear. Her biggest break was in 2007 when she joined the Victoria's Secret Angels. She was married to actor Orlando Bloom for three years and they have a son together.
2. Andrej Pejic
The Australian is best known for being the androgynous model of Michalsky and Rosa Clara. She was actually born in Bosnia, but her family moved to Victoria, Australia where she spent most of her years. She is 22 years old and was discovered by an agent five years earlier while she was working at McDonald's. Since then, she has been modeling both male and female clothes.
3. Nicole Trunfio
Nicole is of Italian and Australian descent who grew up in the small country town of Merredin. She started modeling professionally after winning the TV show Supermodel of Australia in 2002 and runner-up in Supermodel of the World. She is a familiar face for brands like Dolce & Gabbana, Gucci, Roberto Cavalli, Valentino and Fendi. She is currently 28 years old.
4. Gemma Ward
Ward was born and grew up in Perth. She "accidentally" became a model after accompanying her friends to Search for a Supermodel, a modeling competition. She ended up getting scouted herself while wearing a barn jacket. The 26-year-old became the biggest model in Australia since Elle Macpherson, appearing in numerous magazine covers and modeling for Vogue and Prada. She used to date actor Heath Ledger. She is currently the mother of a baby girl with David Letts.
5. Abbey Lee Kershaw
Kershaw was born in Melbourne and started her modeling career after winning the Girlfriend Model Search in 2004. She moved to Sydney then New York City where she worked with famous designers like Rodarte. She is best known for appearing in ads for Gucci and Versace. She was officially named a supermodel in 2011. The 27-year-old 5'11 beauty is currently single.
Join the Conversation
- ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy 2’ Nebula Is Alive And James Gunn Wants Fans To See More Of Her
- Selena Gomez And Justin Bieber: Songstress Fears Pregnancy After Experiencing Pregnancy Symptoms—Report
- 'American Horror Story' Season 4 Episode 8 Spoilers: Big Twist Features Dandy In Blood Bath
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Episode 11 On Hold, Return Date, Title And Synopsis Of New Episode
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Katey Sagal On Gemma Teller’s Fate in ‘Red Rose’ [VIDEO]
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Australian and Other Select Earth Locations Hold Proofs Life Once Existed On Mars – Report