Nick Young Speaks on Iggy Azalea-Nicki Minaj Row
By Rachelle Corpuz | July 21, 2014 12:01 PM EST
Nick Young has broken his silence regarding the dispute which involves his girlfriend Aussie singer rapper Iggy Azalea and Nicki Minaj. As any boyfriend would do, Young has defended Iggy after Nicki allegedly dissed the flawless blonde rapper during her acceptance speech at the 2014 BET Awards.
Singer Iggy Azalea performs "Fancy" at the 2014 Billboard Music Awards in Las Vegas, Nevada May 18, 2014. REUTERS/Steve Marcus
Nick told the reporters at the ESPN Body Issue Party held at Lure nightclub in Los Angeles that he had to deal with the "aftermath" of the diss, US Magazine reported. According to Young, it didn't take long for Iggy to find out what everyone was talking about so he did what he had to do. He stood by Iggy. Young said that his girlfriend is making it big right now so it was pretty understandable that other people would get "scared" of her. He added and said that Iggy handled it well and just shrugged it off.
"She don't let it get to her," said Young. "She's number one right now so what can you do when you are at the top right now?"
"Of course, they will come at you."
Iggy is making good music enough to do well in the music industry. Iggy has made history after her song "Fancy" which features Charli XCX reportedly has the longest reign in the Billboard's Hot 100 Chart at six weeks. She has surpassed Li'l Kim's record of five weeks at the top spot.
Unfortunately, Iggy's fame was somewhat tainted with rumours that she has a ghost writer for her songs. Several reports claim that rapper T.I. was the one who wrote her songs for her debut album "The New Classic." It is allegedly the reason why Nick poked at her during the American singer-rapper and actress' speech after snagging the Best Female Hip-Hop Artist where Iggy was also nominated.
In 2013, Nicki was blasted with same rumour that she was using a ghost writer for her records. A rapper called Ransom claimed to have written songs for Nicki, but she went livid when TMZ asked her about it. "I'm undisputed because I'm the only female rapper that, day one, I don't need to (explicit) ghost writer so if you're telling that lie, you must be real (explicit) desperate and you still ain't going to pop."
MORE ARTICLES TO READ:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28