Nick Young Speaks on Iggy Azalea-Nicki Minaj Row
By Rachelle Corpuz | July 21, 2014 12:01 PM EST
Nick Young has broken his silence regarding the dispute which involves his girlfriend Aussie singer rapper Iggy Azalea and Nicki Minaj. As any boyfriend would do, Young has defended Iggy after Nicki allegedly dissed the flawless blonde rapper during her acceptance speech at the 2014 BET Awards.
Singer Iggy Azalea performs "Fancy" at the 2014 Billboard Music Awards in Las Vegas, Nevada May 18, 2014. REUTERS/Steve Marcus
Nick told the reporters at the ESPN Body Issue Party held at Lure nightclub in Los Angeles that he had to deal with the "aftermath" of the diss, US Magazine reported. According to Young, it didn't take long for Iggy to find out what everyone was talking about so he did what he had to do. He stood by Iggy. Young said that his girlfriend is making it big right now so it was pretty understandable that other people would get "scared" of her. He added and said that Iggy handled it well and just shrugged it off.
"She don't let it get to her," said Young. "She's number one right now so what can you do when you are at the top right now?"
"Of course, they will come at you."
Iggy is making good music enough to do well in the music industry. Iggy has made history after her song "Fancy" which features Charli XCX reportedly has the longest reign in the Billboard's Hot 100 Chart at six weeks. She has surpassed Li'l Kim's record of five weeks at the top spot.
Unfortunately, Iggy's fame was somewhat tainted with rumours that she has a ghost writer for her songs. Several reports claim that rapper T.I. was the one who wrote her songs for her debut album "The New Classic." It is allegedly the reason why Nick poked at her during the American singer-rapper and actress' speech after snagging the Best Female Hip-Hop Artist where Iggy was also nominated.
In 2013, Nicki was blasted with same rumour that she was using a ghost writer for her records. A rapper called Ransom claimed to have written songs for Nicki, but she went livid when TMZ asked her about it. "I'm undisputed because I'm the only female rapper that, day one, I don't need to (explicit) ghost writer so if you're telling that lie, you must be real (explicit) desperate and you still ain't going to pop."
MORE ARTICLES TO READ:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
- Taylor Swift's Famous Ex-Boyfriends: From Harry Styles To Joe Jonas [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Wants To Talk To Manny Pacquiao About Super Fight If Filipino Beats Chris Algieri
- WWE Update: Bray Wyatt’s Twitter Post Hints Upcoming Fight With Sting [VIDEO]
- Kate Upton And BF Detroit Tigers’ Justin Verlander Spotted Shopping Post Nude Photo Leak Scandal
- 2014/15 NBA Season Preview And Predictions: Los Angeles Lakers; Jeremy Lin's Breakout Campaign
- Manchester United News: Angel Di Maria’s Exit And Hummels’ Future Move
- 3 Signs Nexus 6, 8 Release Date Nears: Leaked Pics, KitKat Factory Image & Android L Details Emerge
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Available Through O2 For £380, Other Carriers To Follow Soon
- Apple iPhone 6 vs. OnePlus One: With Invitation-Only Model Rested, OnePlus One Can Be A Real Threat To iPhone 6
- ISIS Supporters are Walking Among the Many in the United States – Report
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- ISIS Receives Food, Ammunition Due To Mistake Of Iraqi Pilots
- Airstrikes Against ISIS Has Claimed Innocent Lives In Syria, Dubbed ‘Ineffective’ By Jihadi Fighters, US Military To Ask For More Spending Money