Nick Young Speaks on Iggy Azalea-Nicki Minaj Row
By Rachelle Corpuz | July 21, 2014 12:01 PM EST
Nick Young has broken his silence regarding the dispute which involves his girlfriend Aussie singer rapper Iggy Azalea and Nicki Minaj. As any boyfriend would do, Young has defended Iggy after Nicki allegedly dissed the flawless blonde rapper during her acceptance speech at the 2014 BET Awards.
Singer Iggy Azalea performs "Fancy" at the 2014 Billboard Music Awards in Las Vegas, Nevada May 18, 2014. REUTERS/Steve Marcus
Nick told the reporters at the ESPN Body Issue Party held at Lure nightclub in Los Angeles that he had to deal with the "aftermath" of the diss, US Magazine reported. According to Young, it didn't take long for Iggy to find out what everyone was talking about so he did what he had to do. He stood by Iggy. Young said that his girlfriend is making it big right now so it was pretty understandable that other people would get "scared" of her. He added and said that Iggy handled it well and just shrugged it off.
"She don't let it get to her," said Young. "She's number one right now so what can you do when you are at the top right now?"
"Of course, they will come at you."
Iggy is making good music enough to do well in the music industry. Iggy has made history after her song "Fancy" which features Charli XCX reportedly has the longest reign in the Billboard's Hot 100 Chart at six weeks. She has surpassed Li'l Kim's record of five weeks at the top spot.
Unfortunately, Iggy's fame was somewhat tainted with rumours that she has a ghost writer for her songs. Several reports claim that rapper T.I. was the one who wrote her songs for her debut album "The New Classic." It is allegedly the reason why Nick poked at her during the American singer-rapper and actress' speech after snagging the Best Female Hip-Hop Artist where Iggy was also nominated.
In 2013, Nicki was blasted with same rumour that she was using a ghost writer for her records. A rapper called Ransom claimed to have written songs for Nicki, but she went livid when TMZ asked her about it. "I'm undisputed because I'm the only female rapper that, day one, I don't need to (explicit) ghost writer so if you're telling that lie, you must be real (explicit) desperate and you still ain't going to pop."
MORE ARTICLES TO READ:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Amir Khan Says Algieri Doesn’t Have What It Takes To Beat Pacquiao; Khan Reportedly A Top Contender For Mayweather Jr.’s Next Fight Says Mayweather Sr
- WWE Night of Champions Live Streaming Info, Preview and Predictions
- Boxing News 2014: Nevada Commission Summons Mayweather Over Reports Of Marijuana Use In Mansion & No Rest Breaks In Gym
- NFL Week 3: Washington Redskins Vs. Philadelphia Eagles Live Streaming Information And Preview
- Khloe Kardashian Reportedly Having A Hard Time Deciding Whether Or Not To Patch Things Up With Lamar Odom
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?
- New Zealand Could Be Next ISIS Target After Australia Beheading Plot, Says Expert
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues