Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 Lite vs. Amazon Kindle Fire HD Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
By Sachin Trivedi | July 21, 2014 11:34 AM EST
For readers who are considering buying the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 Lite or the Amazon Kindle Fire HD, here is a specs and price comparison between the two devices in Australia. The comparison could help readers make an informed decision.
Display and Design
The Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 Lite comes with a 7-inch TFT capacitive touch screen, rendering 600 x 1024 pixels resolution. The Amazon Kindle Fire HD comes with a 7-inch IPS LCD capacitive touch screen, rendering 800 x 1280 pixels resolution.
The Kindle Fire HD is the clear winner in this category with 216 ppi pixels display density compared to the 170 ppi pixels display density on the Galaxy Tab 3 Lite.
The Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 Lite comes with 193.4 x 116.4 x 9.7 mm dimensions and weighs 310 grams. The Amazon Kindle Fire HD comes with 191 x 128 x 10.6 mm dimensions and weighs 345 grams.
Hardware and Operating System
The Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 Lite is equipped with a 1.2 GHz dual core processor and Marvell PXA986 chipset. It comes with 8 GB of internal memory, which can be expanded by up to 32 GB using a Micro SD card.
The Amazon Kindle Fire HD is equipped with a 1.5 GHz dual core processor. It comes in 8 GB and 16 GB internal memory variants and no Micro SD slot for additional memory.
The Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 Lite runs on the Android Jelly Bean operating system and the Amazon Kindle Fire HD runs on a customized version of the Android Jelly Bean operating system. Both the devices have 1 GB of RAM. In terms of computing power both the devices are about the same.
The Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 Lite sports a 2 MP camera and does not have a secondary camera. The Amazon Kindle Fire HD does not feature a camera.
The Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 Lite comes with a non-removable Li-Ion 3600 mAh battery, which allows for a multimedia play time of about 8 hours. The Amazon Kindle Fire HD comes with a non-removable Li-Ion battery, which allows for a multimedia play time of about 10 hours.
Price in Australia
The Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 Lite Wi-Fi variant is priced at around AU $179.95 and the 3G with Wi-Fi variant is priced at around AU $249.95. The Amazon Kindle Fire HD 16 GB variant is priced at around AU $299.95 and the 32 GB variant is priced at around AU $339.95 in Australia.
OnePlus One vs. Oppo Find 7 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'Destiny' Third Subclass Weapon Upgrades: Super And Grenade Modifications Leaked [Video]
- 'The Sims 4' Official Mac Release: More Features Aside From Pools Expected To Be Included
- Motorola Nexus 6 vs. Sony Xperia Z3: Features On New Nexus To Match Latest Sony Phone
- Motorola Nexus 6 v HTC One M8, One M7: Reasons How New Nexus Can Match HTC Flagship Phones
- Motorola Nexus 6 vs. Samsung Galaxy S5: Practical Reasons Why Choose Latest Nexus Smartphone
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery