Adam Levine and Behati Prinsloo Get Married in Mexico
By Christine Jane Caparras | July 21, 2014 10:16 AM EST
PEOPLE's Sexiest Man Alive is officially off the market to the dismay of millions of women around the globe. Maroon 5 front man Adam Levine has married Victoria's Secret Angel Behati Prinsloo in an intimate ceremony in Los Cabos Mexico this weekend.
Musician Adam Levine (L) and model Behati Prinsloo arrive at the 2014 Vanity Fair Oscars Party in West Hollywood, California March 2, 2014.
The festivities started on Friday, July 18 with a beach side gathering at the El Dorado Golf & Beach Club where guests were served traditional Mexican fare.
The actual ceremony took place on July 19 in Los Cabos in a tent that was set up at Flora Farms. 300 guests were invited to the occasion which was a mix of family members close friends and naturally a smattering of celebrities. Adam's new mentoring partner for "The Voice" Stevie Nicks flew in to attend the affair. However, bromance partner and "The Voice" rival Blake Shelton was caught in the middle of a tour and was unable to make it.
Members of Maroon 5 were present as expected and they played key roles in the ceremony. James Valentine, the band's guitarist will provide musical accompaniment as guests enter the venue and Jesse Carmichael will stand as Adam's best man. As expected, several Victoria's secret models were also part of the wedding entourage.
Adam and Behati began dating in the summer of 2012 and broke up the following spring. A few months later Adam was reported to have a relationship with another model, Nina Agdal, after the two were photographed together on holiday. Despite seemingly moving on, Adam and Behati suddenly announced their engagement in the summer of 2013 after reuniting.
The wedding details came out slowly and it was eventually revealed to be taking place in Los Cabos, Mexico with the couple jetting out to South Africa after the wedding to celebrate with some of Behati's friends and family who would not make the long trip to Mexico. Behati is a native of Namibia, close to South Africa.
How things have changed from last October when Levine spoke to Jay Leno on the "Tonight Show With Jay Leno" and stated his views on marriage:
"I'll never get married. I still don't necessarily think you have to get married unless you meet someone that makes you want to marry them. And then you marry them and it's wonderful." said Adam.
Now it seems he has found someone that made him want to marry her and it is, indeed wonderful!
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt Photographed Fighting Before ‘Unbroken’ Sydney Premiere – Report [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS Los Angeles' Season 6 Recap: Episode 9 'Traitor' Aired On Nov. 24, 2014, The Hunt For The ‘NCIS LA’ Mole Is Over [WATCH VIDEOS]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Thanksgiving Break, SAMCRO Returns In December [VIDEO]
- 'Glee' Season 6 Spoilers, Air Date: Naya Rivera Teases Wedding In Final Chapter, Lea Michele Tweets 700th Song Number
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- ISIS War: US Airstrikes Lead to Growing ISIS Support In Syria; Russia Questions Coalition's Policies
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]