Adam Levine and Behati Prinsloo Get Married in Mexico
By Christine Jane Caparras | July 21, 2014 10:16 AM EST
PEOPLE's Sexiest Man Alive is officially off the market to the dismay of millions of women around the globe. Maroon 5 front man Adam Levine has married Victoria's Secret Angel Behati Prinsloo in an intimate ceremony in Los Cabos Mexico this weekend.
Musician Adam Levine (L) and model Behati Prinsloo arrive at the 2014 Vanity Fair Oscars Party in West Hollywood, California March 2, 2014.
The festivities started on Friday, July 18 with a beach side gathering at the El Dorado Golf & Beach Club where guests were served traditional Mexican fare.
The actual ceremony took place on July 19 in Los Cabos in a tent that was set up at Flora Farms. 300 guests were invited to the occasion which was a mix of family members close friends and naturally a smattering of celebrities. Adam's new mentoring partner for "The Voice" Stevie Nicks flew in to attend the affair. However, bromance partner and "The Voice" rival Blake Shelton was caught in the middle of a tour and was unable to make it.
Members of Maroon 5 were present as expected and they played key roles in the ceremony. James Valentine, the band's guitarist will provide musical accompaniment as guests enter the venue and Jesse Carmichael will stand as Adam's best man. As expected, several Victoria's secret models were also part of the wedding entourage.
Adam and Behati began dating in the summer of 2012 and broke up the following spring. A few months later Adam was reported to have a relationship with another model, Nina Agdal, after the two were photographed together on holiday. Despite seemingly moving on, Adam and Behati suddenly announced their engagement in the summer of 2013 after reuniting.
The wedding details came out slowly and it was eventually revealed to be taking place in Los Cabos, Mexico with the couple jetting out to South Africa after the wedding to celebrate with some of Behati's friends and family who would not make the long trip to Mexico. Behati is a native of Namibia, close to South Africa.
How things have changed from last October when Levine spoke to Jay Leno on the "Tonight Show With Jay Leno" and stated his views on marriage:
"I'll never get married. I still don't necessarily think you have to get married unless you meet someone that makes you want to marry them. And then you marry them and it's wonderful." said Adam.
Now it seems he has found someone that made him want to marry her and it is, indeed wonderful!
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Trial’s Second Week: TPB Founder’s Co-Defendant Answers Questions Plus Jacob Appelbaum Appears
- Miley Cyrus Naked Picture In Bathroom: 'Bangerz' Singer Shares The Racy Picture With Fans
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date