Adam Levine and Behati Prinsloo Get Married in Mexico
By Christine Jane Caparras | July 21, 2014 10:16 AM EST
PEOPLE's Sexiest Man Alive is officially off the market to the dismay of millions of women around the globe. Maroon 5 front man Adam Levine has married Victoria's Secret Angel Behati Prinsloo in an intimate ceremony in Los Cabos Mexico this weekend.
Musician Adam Levine (L) and model Behati Prinsloo arrive at the 2014 Vanity Fair Oscars Party in West Hollywood, California March 2, 2014.
The festivities started on Friday, July 18 with a beach side gathering at the El Dorado Golf & Beach Club where guests were served traditional Mexican fare.
The actual ceremony took place on July 19 in Los Cabos in a tent that was set up at Flora Farms. 300 guests were invited to the occasion which was a mix of family members close friends and naturally a smattering of celebrities. Adam's new mentoring partner for "The Voice" Stevie Nicks flew in to attend the affair. However, bromance partner and "The Voice" rival Blake Shelton was caught in the middle of a tour and was unable to make it.
Members of Maroon 5 were present as expected and they played key roles in the ceremony. James Valentine, the band's guitarist will provide musical accompaniment as guests enter the venue and Jesse Carmichael will stand as Adam's best man. As expected, several Victoria's secret models were also part of the wedding entourage.
Adam and Behati began dating in the summer of 2012 and broke up the following spring. A few months later Adam was reported to have a relationship with another model, Nina Agdal, after the two were photographed together on holiday. Despite seemingly moving on, Adam and Behati suddenly announced their engagement in the summer of 2013 after reuniting.
The wedding details came out slowly and it was eventually revealed to be taking place in Los Cabos, Mexico with the couple jetting out to South Africa after the wedding to celebrate with some of Behati's friends and family who would not make the long trip to Mexico. Behati is a native of Namibia, close to South Africa.
How things have changed from last October when Levine spoke to Jay Leno on the "Tonight Show With Jay Leno" and stated his views on marriage:
"I'll never get married. I still don't necessarily think you have to get married unless you meet someone that makes you want to marry them. And then you marry them and it's wonderful." said Adam.
Now it seems he has found someone that made him want to marry her and it is, indeed wonderful!
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- Mark Ruffalo Turns Into Hulk For His Daughter And Another Preschooler
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- 'Revenge' Season 4 Spoilers: Daniel, Emily In Twisted Friendship; David Clarke Mystery Growing (Review, Updates)
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change
- Best Black Friday 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More