Adam Levine and Behati Prinsloo Get Married in Mexico
By Christine Jane Caparras | July 21, 2014 10:16 AM EST
PEOPLE's Sexiest Man Alive is officially off the market to the dismay of millions of women around the globe. Maroon 5 front man Adam Levine has married Victoria's Secret Angel Behati Prinsloo in an intimate ceremony in Los Cabos Mexico this weekend.
Musician Adam Levine (L) and model Behati Prinsloo arrive at the 2014 Vanity Fair Oscars Party in West Hollywood, California March 2, 2014.
The festivities started on Friday, July 18 with a beach side gathering at the El Dorado Golf & Beach Club where guests were served traditional Mexican fare.
The actual ceremony took place on July 19 in Los Cabos in a tent that was set up at Flora Farms. 300 guests were invited to the occasion which was a mix of family members close friends and naturally a smattering of celebrities. Adam's new mentoring partner for "The Voice" Stevie Nicks flew in to attend the affair. However, bromance partner and "The Voice" rival Blake Shelton was caught in the middle of a tour and was unable to make it.
Members of Maroon 5 were present as expected and they played key roles in the ceremony. James Valentine, the band's guitarist will provide musical accompaniment as guests enter the venue and Jesse Carmichael will stand as Adam's best man. As expected, several Victoria's secret models were also part of the wedding entourage.
Adam and Behati began dating in the summer of 2012 and broke up the following spring. A few months later Adam was reported to have a relationship with another model, Nina Agdal, after the two were photographed together on holiday. Despite seemingly moving on, Adam and Behati suddenly announced their engagement in the summer of 2013 after reuniting.
The wedding details came out slowly and it was eventually revealed to be taking place in Los Cabos, Mexico with the couple jetting out to South Africa after the wedding to celebrate with some of Behati's friends and family who would not make the long trip to Mexico. Behati is a native of Namibia, close to South Africa.
How things have changed from last October when Levine spoke to Jay Leno on the "Tonight Show With Jay Leno" and stated his views on marriage:
"I'll never get married. I still don't necessarily think you have to get married unless you meet someone that makes you want to marry them. And then you marry them and it's wonderful." said Adam.
Now it seems he has found someone that made him want to marry her and it is, indeed wonderful!
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS