Prince George's First Birthday Celebrations: Magazines Allegedly Photoshop Little Royal's Facial Features
By nidhi tewari | July 21, 2014 10:13 AM EST
Fashion magazines are famous for photo shopping pictures of various celebrities to make them look picture perfect and flawless for their readers. However the latest victim of photo shopping is not even one year old and is a royal. People magazine is in news for changing the colour of little George's lips and other facial features on the cover page of their magazine.
Britain's Prince George is seen ahead of his first birthday during a visit to the Sensational Butterflies exhibition at the Natural History Museum in London July 2, 2014. Prince George turns one on July 22, 2014.
Kate Middleton Pregnancy - Duchess Of Cambridge Reportedly Fell Ill During Recent Cooking Course in London
Kate Middleton's Sleepless Nights with Prince William: Royal Baby George Kept the Couple Awake for First Few Months
The latest issue of People magazine is dedicated for Prince George, son of Duchess of Cambridge Kate Middleton and Prince William who is turning one-year-old on July 22. The magazine shows a picture of chubby baby wearing a white knitted sweater and has been taken on his recent visit to Australia and New Zealand where the little baby is seen enjoying his day out with his parents.
The original picture is plain and with less colours than that of the People's magazine. The picture used in People magazine's issue has George with lips noticeably redder, the white colour of his eyes a brighter and his eye brows evened out to some extent; Daily Mail is reporting comparing the two pictures. Also, there is a change in the baby's complexion as he looks comparatively pink in the magazine photo.
The People magazine photo shop controversy comes weeks after Vanity Fair magazine was accused of completely cropping the picture of Prince William's balding head from the frame of cover page. William's head also seems a little fuller in the magazine issue in another picture and his stubble magically disappears too.
People and Vanity Fair magazine have both denied photo shopping accusations. Vanity Fair magazine says they added some "shadows" near William's head to make his white hair stand out. However People magazine have put the entire blame on the glossy quality of the page that they use in the magazine saying the changes have occurred because of it.
Photo shopping scandal aside, both the magazines have gone to great extent to celebrate little George's upcoming first birthday. Vanity Fair magazine has revealed details of his upbringing when he was as little as few weeks and was a colicky baby, who cried all night. The magazine also revealed that both Kate and William are in favour of having a sibling for Prince George soon and would start trying this summer. Read more here.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’