Corinna Schumacher Pens Letter to Thank Fans for Their Support for the 7-Time World Champion
By Rachelle Corpuz | July 21, 2014 10:05 AM EST
Corinna Schumacher has written a personal note and thanked the fans of her husband for all their kind messages and well-wishes as she continues to take care of the seven-time world champion in rehabilitation phase.
Ferrari Formula One driver Michael Schumacher of Germany celebrates after taking the pole position at the end of the qualifying session for the Bahrain Formula One Grand Prix at the Sakhir racetrack in Manama in this March 11, 2006 file picture.
During the programme ahead of the German Grand Prix, Corinna took the opportunity to thank Michael's fans who sent their healing thoughts after he was put in a coma following his horrific skiing injury in the French Alps back in December.
"This is a message to all of you who have passionately followed Michael's sporting career, and who have supported him in the past off the track as well," said Corinna in her letter. Corinna was thankful for all the "sympathies" that her family received from the retired racer's fans. She was appreciative that the fans of the 45-year-old Michael commiserated with them at the time when things were the hardest. For Corinna, Michael's loyal fans helped them see the sunshine break through the darkest clouds again.
"Now we are facing a phase which will presumably take a long time," Corinna added. "We trust that time will be Michael's ally in this fight."
Recently, Corinna made her first public appearance at a horse-racing event held in her ranch. It was the first time that she was seen beaming and mingling with people.
Corinna has stayed by Michael's bed side throughout the entire ordeal and overwhelming hardship that their family faced in the last seven months. She has remained a loyal partner who refused to give up on the father of her two children.
According to the reports, Michael and Corinna met 23 years ago at a party. He met her through a former teammate, Heinz Harald Frentzen, Hello Magazine reported. Frentzen was Corinna's boyfriend at that time. When Corinna broke up with Frentzen, Michael reportedly took advantage of the opportunity. They fell in love and married in August 1995. She gave birth to their first child, Gina, two years later in 1997. Their second child, Mick, was born in 1999.
MORE ARTICLES TO READ:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Floyd Rhymes With Avoid,’ Says Manny Pacquiao
- Freddie Roach Provoking ‘Washed-Up’ Floyd Mayweather Jr., Says Manny Pacquiao Will KO Undefeated American
- NFL Thanksgiving Games: Chicago Vs. Detroit, Philadelphia Vs. Dallas, And Seattle Vs. San Francisco Live Streaming Info and Preview
- Mayweather Jr. Responds To 2015 Super Fight Talks; American Bashes Pacquiao With Social Media Video Post of Marquez's KO
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Marussia Formula One Team Keeps Its Promise To Injured Driver
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast