Corinna Schumacher Pens Letter to Thank Fans for Their Support for the 7-Time World Champion
By Rachelle Corpuz | July 21, 2014 10:05 AM EST
Corinna Schumacher has written a personal note and thanked the fans of her husband for all their kind messages and well-wishes as she continues to take care of the seven-time world champion in rehabilitation phase.
Ferrari Formula One driver Michael Schumacher of Germany celebrates after taking the pole position at the end of the qualifying session for the Bahrain Formula One Grand Prix at the Sakhir racetrack in Manama in this March 11, 2006 file picture.
During the programme ahead of the German Grand Prix, Corinna took the opportunity to thank Michael's fans who sent their healing thoughts after he was put in a coma following his horrific skiing injury in the French Alps back in December.
"This is a message to all of you who have passionately followed Michael's sporting career, and who have supported him in the past off the track as well," said Corinna in her letter. Corinna was thankful for all the "sympathies" that her family received from the retired racer's fans. She was appreciative that the fans of the 45-year-old Michael commiserated with them at the time when things were the hardest. For Corinna, Michael's loyal fans helped them see the sunshine break through the darkest clouds again.
"Now we are facing a phase which will presumably take a long time," Corinna added. "We trust that time will be Michael's ally in this fight."
Recently, Corinna made her first public appearance at a horse-racing event held in her ranch. It was the first time that she was seen beaming and mingling with people.
Corinna has stayed by Michael's bed side throughout the entire ordeal and overwhelming hardship that their family faced in the last seven months. She has remained a loyal partner who refused to give up on the father of her two children.
According to the reports, Michael and Corinna met 23 years ago at a party. He met her through a former teammate, Heinz Harald Frentzen, Hello Magazine reported. Frentzen was Corinna's boyfriend at that time. When Corinna broke up with Frentzen, Michael reportedly took advantage of the opportunity. They fell in love and married in August 1995. She gave birth to their first child, Gina, two years later in 1997. Their second child, Mick, was born in 1999.
MORE ARTICLES TO READ:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Real Life ‘Frozen’: Snow Overwhelms The US, Kills 7; More To Come (Pictures)
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt in Sydney for ‘Unbroken’ Red Carpet Premiere [PHOTOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
- G20 Summit Awkward Moments: Putin Yawns, Mystery Bubbles Appear, F18 Drama Ensues
Join the Conversation
- Boxing News: Pacquiao And Mayweather Might Meet 'In The First Six Months Of Next Year' - Bob Arum
- Boxing News 2014: Pacquiao Considers Ditching Jessica Sanchez To Sing Philippine National Anthem In Favour Of Born-Again Pastors; Stallone & Schwarzenegger to Watch Bout
- Michael Phelps' Lover Reveals She Was Born Intersex In Lengthy Facebook Post
- Dallas Mavericks Owner Mark Cuban Wants The Los Angeles Lakers To ‘Suck Forever’
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Exit For Messi Is Possible - Tata Martino
- Walmart Early Price Matching Special Event On Nov. 21, 2014 Matches Its Competitors' Black Friday 2014 Prices And Includes Exclusive Deals For Samsung LED HDTVs And iPad Air 2 [WATCH VIDEO]
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- Nexus 6 Release Date And Price Under AT&T, T-Mobile And Sprint Listed
- Cold War 2: Russia, China And North Korea’s Blacklisted Company Fortify Alliance -- Reports
- Xiaomi to Kill Redmi 1S for More Redmi Notes
- New Zealand Dairy Industry Feels Bullish At Chinese President's Visit