Corinna Schumacher Pens Letter to Thank Fans for Their Support for the 7-Time World Champion
By Rachelle Corpuz | July 21, 2014 10:05 AM EST
Corinna Schumacher has written a personal note and thanked the fans of her husband for all their kind messages and well-wishes as she continues to take care of the seven-time world champion in rehabilitation phase.
Ferrari Formula One driver Michael Schumacher of Germany celebrates after taking the pole position at the end of the qualifying session for the Bahrain Formula One Grand Prix at the Sakhir racetrack in Manama in this March 11, 2006 file picture.
During the programme ahead of the German Grand Prix, Corinna took the opportunity to thank Michael's fans who sent their healing thoughts after he was put in a coma following his horrific skiing injury in the French Alps back in December.
"This is a message to all of you who have passionately followed Michael's sporting career, and who have supported him in the past off the track as well," said Corinna in her letter. Corinna was thankful for all the "sympathies" that her family received from the retired racer's fans. She was appreciative that the fans of the 45-year-old Michael commiserated with them at the time when things were the hardest. For Corinna, Michael's loyal fans helped them see the sunshine break through the darkest clouds again.
"Now we are facing a phase which will presumably take a long time," Corinna added. "We trust that time will be Michael's ally in this fight."
Recently, Corinna made her first public appearance at a horse-racing event held in her ranch. It was the first time that she was seen beaming and mingling with people.
Corinna has stayed by Michael's bed side throughout the entire ordeal and overwhelming hardship that their family faced in the last seven months. She has remained a loyal partner who refused to give up on the father of her two children.
According to the reports, Michael and Corinna met 23 years ago at a party. He met her through a former teammate, Heinz Harald Frentzen, Hello Magazine reported. Frentzen was Corinna's boyfriend at that time. When Corinna broke up with Frentzen, Michael reportedly took advantage of the opportunity. They fell in love and married in August 1995. She gave birth to their first child, Gina, two years later in 1997. Their second child, Mick, was born in 1999.
MORE ARTICLES TO READ:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Amir Khan Says Algieri Doesn’t Have What It Takes To Beat Pacquiao; Khan Reportedly A Top Contender For Mayweather Jr.’s Next Fight Says Mayweather Sr
- WWE Night of Champions Live Streaming Info, Preview and Predictions
- Boxing News 2014: Nevada Commission Summons Mayweather Over Reports Of Marijuana Use In Mansion & No Rest Breaks In Gym
- NFL Week 3: Washington Redskins Vs. Philadelphia Eagles Live Streaming Information And Preview
- Khloe Kardashian Reportedly Having A Hard Time Deciding Whether Or Not To Patch Things Up With Lamar Odom
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?
- New Zealand Could Be Next ISIS Target After Australia Beheading Plot, Says Expert
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues