Boxing News 2014: Mayweather Calls Pacquiao a ‘Bitch’ in Maidana Rematch Presscon
By Vittorio Hernandez | July 21, 2014 9:34 AM EST
Floyd Mayweather Jr and Manny Pacquiao may be separately promoting their forthcoming bouts against different sets of boxers slated for Sept 13 and Nov 22, respectively, but obviously their camps are setting their eyes on the dream match believed to take place in May 2015, possibly in Dubai.
Boxer Manny Pacquiao of the Philippines waves to fans from a ring in the lobby of the MGM Grand Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas, Nevada April 8, 2014. Pacquiao will challenge undefeated WBO welterweight champion Timothy Bradley of the U.S. at the MGM Grand Garden Arena on April 12. The fight is a rematch to a June 9, 2012 fight that Bradley won. REUTERS/Steve Marcus
While Mayweather was promoting on Friday his rematch against Argentinean boxer Marcos Maidana, media continued to hound him with questions about his fight versus Pacquiao. Money May has not officially announced the bout, but his father had confirmed it to a boxing Web site, so Mayweather's response jibed with previous reports that there would likely still be various publicity stints regarding the dream match, but it is just all hot air.
Asked about the Filipino congressman, Mayweather called him a bitch, saying, "Don't talk to me about that bitch. That bitch still got Marquez problems." He was referring to Pacquiao's first of two recent losses in the ring which made Pacquiao slide down international rankings to 4th place, while Mayweather is on 1st place.
In response to Money May's latest trash talk against Pacquiao, the eight-division title holder told Mayweather to shut up or put up. Daily Mail said the American boxer is not too hot about fighting Pacquiao, but is interested in the guaranteed purse such an anticipated match would generate.
Bob Arum, boss of Top Rank Promotions where Pacquiao has a contract, said despite his protégé's fights being shown on HBO and Mayweather's on Showtime, the two could both be involved, citing a similar situation in the Lewis-Tyson fight. Another option is to postpone the $300-million match to 2016 after Mayweather's contract with Showtime ends in 2015.
Mayweather, in the same press conference, dared Maidana to bet his guaranteed purse for their rematch as proof that the Argentinean boxer believes in his skills. Maidana's interpreter said on behalf of the South American pugilist that his opponent is accepting the challenge to bet his Sept 13 purse.
More dissing from Money May in this video.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal’s Coach Reveals The Spanish Athlete Will Be Back On Court Soon
- Manny Pacquiao Is The Greatest Fighter That Ever Lived Declares Magician David Blaine
- Guardiola Mockingly States That Man Utd Does Not Have The Means To Acquire Bayern Munich Players
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Superfight Won’t Happen Because Floyd Is Scared Of Left-Handed Boxers, Pacman - Bob Arum
- Serena Williams Shows Off Her Bikini Body With Eva Longoria At The Miami Beach After US Open Victory
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet
- Spice Dream Uno vs Xiaomi Redmi 1S: Android One Smartphone to Challenge The Existing Budget Friendly Smartphone