Floyd Mayweather Says Sorry to UFC’s Ronda Rousey After Not Having the Slightest Idea Who She Was
By Rachelle Corpuz | July 20, 2014 9:06 AM EST
Floyd Mayweather wasn't trying to disappoint the fans of Ultimate Fighting Championship's (UFC) Ronda Rousey when he said in a recent interview that he didn't know who "he" is. However, Mayweather was quick to say sorry to Rousey after she was named Best Female Athlete in the 2014 ESPY Awards.
WBC welterweight champion Floyd Mayweather Jr. of the U.S. poses on the scale during an official weigh-in at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada, May 2, 2014. Mayweather faces WBA welterweight champion Marcos Maidana of Argentina in a WBC/WBA unification fight at the arena on May 3. REUTERS/Steve Marcus
"I wish her congratulations because I didn't know who she was," Mayweather told Fight Hub TV. "I apologize because I didn't know," he further added. According to Mayweather, he was into watching football and basketball. He explained that he doesn't watch a lot of mixed martial arts (MMA) but said that he was open to the idea of delving on MMA management.
"Of course, Mayweather Promotions, we are the past, the present, and the future of sports entertainment, and yes, we will get involved with other contact sports in the future."
Recently, Mayweather said that he had no idea who Rousey was. He even mistakenly thought Rousey was a man. "I don't even know who he is," said Mayweather when asked what he thought of Rousey's statement during an interview with Power 106 FM in March saying she could take him in a completely unrestrained MMA-style fight.
The unbeaten boxer wasn't arrogantly trying to show people that he was more successful or impressive than Rousey. In the video, the unbeaten boxer wasn't showing a pretentious crap. He just didn't have the slightest idea then that Rousey has had great accomplishments in MMA such as being the first and current UFC Women's Bantamweight Champion. Mayweather just replied and gave his answer to a very entertaining question.
Rousey, on the other hand, has had nice things to say about Mayweather.
"Mayweather is a smart guy," said Rousey in an interview in 2011. "He knows what's up, he knows that he doesn't have to make people like him to make him so popular."
MORE ARTICLES TO READ:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
- Taylor Swift's Famous Ex-Boyfriends: From Harry Styles To Joe Jonas [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Wants To Talk To Manny Pacquiao About Super Fight If Filipino Beats Chris Algieri
- WWE Update: Bray Wyatt’s Twitter Post Hints Upcoming Fight With Sting [VIDEO]
- Manchester United News: Angel Di Maria’s Exit And Hummels’ Future Move
- Video Of Floyd Mayweather Having An Altercation With A Random Woman, Who Had No Idea Who He Is, Goes Viral
- 2014/15 NBA Season Preview And Predictions: Los Angeles Lakers; Jeremy Lin's Breakout Campaign
- 3 Signs Nexus 6, 8 Release Date Nears: Leaked Pics, KitKat Factory Image & Android L Details Emerge
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Available Through O2 For £380, Other Carriers To Follow Soon
- Apple iPhone 6 vs. OnePlus One: With Invitation-Only Model Rested, OnePlus One Can Be A Real Threat To iPhone 6
- ISIS Supporters are Walking Among the Many in the United States – Report
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- ISIS Receives Food, Ammunition Due To Mistake Of Iraqi Pilots
- Airstrikes Against ISIS Has Claimed Innocent Lives In Syria, Dubbed ‘Ineffective’ By Jihadi Fighters, US Military To Ask For More Spending Money