Gina Carano and Ronda Rousey Reportedly Could Fight in December
By Rachelle Corpuz | July 20, 2014 8:58 AM EST
Gina Carano and Ronda Rousey reportedly could face each other in the biggest fight in women's mixed martial arts (MMA) in December.
According to reports, Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) president Dana White is confident that he can sign Carano to UFC and her first fight would most likely be against Rousey in December. White said in an interview on Friday in Ireland that he has been working to get Carano's deal with UFC done by next week, Fox Sports reported.
Jul 5, 2014; Las Vegas, NV, USA; Ronda Rousey (red gloves) celebrates her victory over Alexis Davis during the first round of their bantamweight fight at Mandalay Bay Events Center.
"Next week, I have a meeting with her on Monday," said White. "Pretty confident (we'll sign her)," he added.
White said that that Carano vs Rousey is in the cards as part of Carano's UFC deal. If Carano signs with UFC, it will be her first fight and is expected to happen in December.
While White seemed poised that he could inked a deal with Carano, Hollywood is also reportedly composed not to let Carano go that easily. Bleacher Report's MMA writer Jeremy Botter wrote on Twitter that Hollywood is a little apprehensive of Carano joining the UFC. If Carano loses in UFC, Botter said it would tarnish her Hollywood career that took five years in the making. He said signing Gina to UFC was not as easy as White put it.
"Studio worried that losing to Ronda will hurt Gina's action hero allure, and yeah, it would," Botter tweeted.
Bradley Taylor of Give Me Sport wrote that there is a chance that Carano would lose to Rousey if the two fighters ever face in the octagon ring because she has not fought since 2009 after losing to Cristiane "Cyborg" Justino.
The ultimate question is whether White can really sign Carano. He said he can, but will he really be able to persuade Carano who had previously said that she will only sign with UFC "if the circumstances were right."
Undeniably, Carano vs Rousey would be one of the biggest fights in the history of women's MMA in UFC. Both fighters would earn a hefty amount of money out of it.
MORE ARTICLES TO READ:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- Chris Algieri Exposed, Criticised For Lack Of Desire To Win Against Manny Pacquiao
- Arum Says Pacquiao's Victory vs Algieri May Cause Mayweather To Say ‘No’ To Dream Match
- Boxing News: Manny Pacquiao 'Ready' To Fight Floyd Mayweather In 2015 Following Algieri Win
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan