Gina Carano and Ronda Rousey Reportedly Could Fight in December
By Rachelle Corpuz | July 20, 2014 8:58 AM EST
Gina Carano and Ronda Rousey reportedly could face each other in the biggest fight in women's mixed martial arts (MMA) in December.
According to reports, Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) president Dana White is confident that he can sign Carano to UFC and her first fight would most likely be against Rousey in December. White said in an interview on Friday in Ireland that he has been working to get Carano's deal with UFC done by next week, Fox Sports reported.
Jul 5, 2014; Las Vegas, NV, USA; Ronda Rousey (red gloves) celebrates her victory over Alexis Davis during the first round of their bantamweight fight at Mandalay Bay Events Center.
"Next week, I have a meeting with her on Monday," said White. "Pretty confident (we'll sign her)," he added.
White said that that Carano vs Rousey is in the cards as part of Carano's UFC deal. If Carano signs with UFC, it will be her first fight and is expected to happen in December.
While White seemed poised that he could inked a deal with Carano, Hollywood is also reportedly composed not to let Carano go that easily. Bleacher Report's MMA writer Jeremy Botter wrote on Twitter that Hollywood is a little apprehensive of Carano joining the UFC. If Carano loses in UFC, Botter said it would tarnish her Hollywood career that took five years in the making. He said signing Gina to UFC was not as easy as White put it.
"Studio worried that losing to Ronda will hurt Gina's action hero allure, and yeah, it would," Botter tweeted.
Bradley Taylor of Give Me Sport wrote that there is a chance that Carano would lose to Rousey if the two fighters ever face in the octagon ring because she has not fought since 2009 after losing to Cristiane "Cyborg" Justino.
The ultimate question is whether White can really sign Carano. He said he can, but will he really be able to persuade Carano who had previously said that she will only sign with UFC "if the circumstances were right."
Undeniably, Carano vs Rousey would be one of the biggest fights in the history of women's MMA in UFC. Both fighters would earn a hefty amount of money out of it.
MORE ARTICLES TO READ:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Chasing Floyd Mayweather Jr. Because Of Money But Says Undefeated American Is Afraid Of Filipino - Analysts
- Minnesota Timberwolves 2015-2015 NBA Preview: Wiggins-Rubio Era In Minneapolis Begins
- Dallas Mavericks 2015-2015 NBA Preview: Nowitzki, Ellis Has New Shooting Partner In Parsons
- Los Angeles Clippers 2014-2015 NBA Preview: Chris Paul, Blake And Lob City Aiming High
- ‘The X Factor Australia' 2014 Winner Prediction - Dean Ray Will Win Title, According To Betting Odds; Marlisa Punzalan, Brothers 3 Are The Underdogs
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- iPhone 6 vs Nexus 6 vs Galaxy Note 4: Performance and User Interface Comparison
- Fappening: Message Board Posters Belittle Nude Photo Leakers As D-Listers Seeking Publicity
- U.S. Missile Shield In Europe Opens In Romania: Russia's Reservations Ignored