Gina Carano and Ronda Rousey Reportedly Could Fight in December
By Rachelle Corpuz | July 20, 2014 8:58 AM EST
Gina Carano and Ronda Rousey reportedly could face each other in the biggest fight in women's mixed martial arts (MMA) in December.
According to reports, Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) president Dana White is confident that he can sign Carano to UFC and her first fight would most likely be against Rousey in December. White said in an interview on Friday in Ireland that he has been working to get Carano's deal with UFC done by next week, Fox Sports reported.
Jul 5, 2014; Las Vegas, NV, USA; Ronda Rousey (red gloves) celebrates her victory over Alexis Davis during the first round of their bantamweight fight at Mandalay Bay Events Center.
"Next week, I have a meeting with her on Monday," said White. "Pretty confident (we'll sign her)," he added.
White said that that Carano vs Rousey is in the cards as part of Carano's UFC deal. If Carano signs with UFC, it will be her first fight and is expected to happen in December.
While White seemed poised that he could inked a deal with Carano, Hollywood is also reportedly composed not to let Carano go that easily. Bleacher Report's MMA writer Jeremy Botter wrote on Twitter that Hollywood is a little apprehensive of Carano joining the UFC. If Carano loses in UFC, Botter said it would tarnish her Hollywood career that took five years in the making. He said signing Gina to UFC was not as easy as White put it.
"Studio worried that losing to Ronda will hurt Gina's action hero allure, and yeah, it would," Botter tweeted.
Bradley Taylor of Give Me Sport wrote that there is a chance that Carano would lose to Rousey if the two fighters ever face in the octagon ring because she has not fought since 2009 after losing to Cristiane "Cyborg" Justino.
The ultimate question is whether White can really sign Carano. He said he can, but will he really be able to persuade Carano who had previously said that she will only sign with UFC "if the circumstances were right."
Undeniably, Carano vs Rousey would be one of the biggest fights in the history of women's MMA in UFC. Both fighters would earn a hefty amount of money out of it.
MORE ARTICLES TO READ:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Will Probably Pick Between Amir Khan Or Manny Pacquiao For Next Fight According to Uncle Jeff
- Rafael Nadal Back In Action To Target Novak Djokovic At China Open
- Bruce Jenner Says Lamar Odom Should Follow His Heart If He Wants To Get Back Together With Khloe Kardashian
- Maria Sharapova On Relationship With Grigor Dimitrov: ‘Everything Is Great’; Dimitrov Was Present At Sharapova’s First Round Match In China
- Grigor Dimitrov Turns To Novak Djokovic For Love Advice; Dimitrov and Sharapova At The 2014 China Open
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate