Gina Carano and Ronda Rousey Reportedly Could Fight in December
By Rachelle Corpuz | July 20, 2014 8:58 AM EST
Gina Carano and Ronda Rousey reportedly could face each other in the biggest fight in women's mixed martial arts (MMA) in December.
According to reports, Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) president Dana White is confident that he can sign Carano to UFC and her first fight would most likely be against Rousey in December. White said in an interview on Friday in Ireland that he has been working to get Carano's deal with UFC done by next week, Fox Sports reported.
Jul 5, 2014; Las Vegas, NV, USA; Ronda Rousey (red gloves) celebrates her victory over Alexis Davis during the first round of their bantamweight fight at Mandalay Bay Events Center.
"Next week, I have a meeting with her on Monday," said White. "Pretty confident (we'll sign her)," he added.
White said that that Carano vs Rousey is in the cards as part of Carano's UFC deal. If Carano signs with UFC, it will be her first fight and is expected to happen in December.
While White seemed poised that he could inked a deal with Carano, Hollywood is also reportedly composed not to let Carano go that easily. Bleacher Report's MMA writer Jeremy Botter wrote on Twitter that Hollywood is a little apprehensive of Carano joining the UFC. If Carano loses in UFC, Botter said it would tarnish her Hollywood career that took five years in the making. He said signing Gina to UFC was not as easy as White put it.
"Studio worried that losing to Ronda will hurt Gina's action hero allure, and yeah, it would," Botter tweeted.
Bradley Taylor of Give Me Sport wrote that there is a chance that Carano would lose to Rousey if the two fighters ever face in the octagon ring because she has not fought since 2009 after losing to Cristiane "Cyborg" Justino.
The ultimate question is whether White can really sign Carano. He said he can, but will he really be able to persuade Carano who had previously said that she will only sign with UFC "if the circumstances were right."
Undeniably, Carano vs Rousey would be one of the biggest fights in the history of women's MMA in UFC. Both fighters would earn a hefty amount of money out of it.
MORE ARTICLES TO READ:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- The Rock Reveals He And John Cena Nearly Fought Backstage [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Begins Training Sans Freddie Roach
- Maria Sharapova And Grigor Dimitrov Break Up News
- Boxing News 2014: Showtime VP Favours Pacquiao As Mayweather’s Next Ring Opponent; Money May Insists Fight Should Be Over Showtime PPV Only
- Three Reasons Why Brock Lesnar Must Fight The Undertaker At Night Of Champions And Not John Cena [VIDEO]
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date