Gina Carano and Ronda Rousey Reportedly Could Fight in December
By Rachelle Corpuz | July 20, 2014 8:58 AM EST
Gina Carano and Ronda Rousey reportedly could face each other in the biggest fight in women's mixed martial arts (MMA) in December.
According to reports, Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) president Dana White is confident that he can sign Carano to UFC and her first fight would most likely be against Rousey in December. White said in an interview on Friday in Ireland that he has been working to get Carano's deal with UFC done by next week, Fox Sports reported.
Jul 5, 2014; Las Vegas, NV, USA; Ronda Rousey (red gloves) celebrates her victory over Alexis Davis during the first round of their bantamweight fight at Mandalay Bay Events Center.
"Next week, I have a meeting with her on Monday," said White. "Pretty confident (we'll sign her)," he added.
White said that that Carano vs Rousey is in the cards as part of Carano's UFC deal. If Carano signs with UFC, it will be her first fight and is expected to happen in December.
While White seemed poised that he could inked a deal with Carano, Hollywood is also reportedly composed not to let Carano go that easily. Bleacher Report's MMA writer Jeremy Botter wrote on Twitter that Hollywood is a little apprehensive of Carano joining the UFC. If Carano loses in UFC, Botter said it would tarnish her Hollywood career that took five years in the making. He said signing Gina to UFC was not as easy as White put it.
"Studio worried that losing to Ronda will hurt Gina's action hero allure, and yeah, it would," Botter tweeted.
Bradley Taylor of Give Me Sport wrote that there is a chance that Carano would lose to Rousey if the two fighters ever face in the octagon ring because she has not fought since 2009 after losing to Cristiane "Cyborg" Justino.
The ultimate question is whether White can really sign Carano. He said he can, but will he really be able to persuade Carano who had previously said that she will only sign with UFC "if the circumstances were right."
Undeniably, Carano vs Rousey would be one of the biggest fights in the history of women's MMA in UFC. Both fighters would earn a hefty amount of money out of it.
MORE ARTICLES TO READ:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- Novak Djokovic Receives Peugeot 107 Pedal Car For His Newborn
- NBA Preview: Milwaukee Bucks Look to Develop Youngsters Jabari Parker, Giannis Antetokounmpo
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS