Liverpool FC Transfer News: QPR Striker to Make Anfield Move, as Clubs Agree with Price
By Mark Wayne Eubank | July 20, 2014 12:55 AM EST
Queens Park Rangers striker Loic Remy is Anfield-bound, as Liverpool have reportedly agreed to pay £8.5million for his services.The French international spent his 2013/14 season on loan at Newcastle United following QPR's relegation to the Championship.
QPR's Loic Remy is reported to be on his way to Liverpool, as both clubs agree to a fee
While the Rs will be making their comeback in upcoming term after qualifying via playoffs, Remy is understood to have lost interest in playing for the White City-based outfit.
He was keen on making his stay permanent at St. James' Park in the past, but nothing came to fruition, while QPR chairman Tony Fernandes admitted that some of the club's big guns will be on their way out this offseason.
"This season is all about players who want to play for us. Some will move to bigger clubs most will stay some will come," said Fernandes via social media.
This season is all about players who want to play for us. Some will move to bigger clubs most will stay some will come. Great meeting.
— Tony Fernandes (@tonyfernandes) July 19, 2014
The 27-year-old former Marseille man tallied 14 goals and 3 assists in 27 appearances in all competitions for the Magpies.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Novak Djokovic Receives Peugeot 107 Pedal Car For His Newborn
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS