‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: How Scarlett Johansson’s Pregnancy Affects Filming
By Anne Lu | July 19, 2014 2:04 PM EST
Scarlett Johansson’s pregnancy isn’t delaying “Avengers: Age of Ultron.” Writer/director Joss Whedon said they’ll “make it work” with Natasha Romanoff/Black Widow stunt doubles.
U.S. actress Scarlett Johansson and her partner Romain Dauriac pose as they arrive for the 39th Cesar Awards ceremony in Paris February 28, 2014. Picture taken February 28, 2014.
The 29-year-old actress is currently expecting her first child with fiancé Romain Dauriac. But while Scarlett’s tummy is expanding, her character’s remains flat.
That’s not a problem, though. Joss said filming isn’t dangerous to the soon-to-be mother because they have stuntwomen doing the risky stuff.
“She’s very central to the movie and when we heard [about the pregnancy] we scheduled things around that. She’s not going to spend the whole movie carrying groceries. We didn’t trim any chances. We’re like: We’ll make this work,” he told Entertainment Weekly.
Scarlett’s stuntwomen, at least three in number, have dots on their faces to help Marvel digitally project Scarlett’s face on their bodies during post-production.
Chris Evans, who plays Captain America, added that his co-star has been great.
“It really hasn’t slowed us down at all. She’ll be running around, diving and jumping and doing these things and you’re like, ‘She seems like she’s got this.’”
“There’s the element of just God’s grace with Scarlett getting knocked up because that just civilised the whole thing right away,” Robert Downey Jr (Tony Stark/Iron Man) said.
“This is not going to be a massive grind. It’s not possible. We have to accommodate the latest news from headquarters, which is, ‘Oh my God, Scarlett Johansson is going to have a baby!’”
Scarlett seems to be in good hands with the cast, who are mostly all boys. According to Mark Ruffalo (The Hulk), the cast and crew are “very protective” of the Golden Globe Award-winning star.
“She’s pregnant, and she’s showing, and everyone loves and cares for her,” Ruffalo said.
Before the superhero flick hits cinemas in May 2015, Scarlett will be seen in the action film “Lucy.”
In the French-American film, Scarlett plays the title character, who works as a drug mule for a mob in Taiwan. When a drug implanted in her body leaks into her system, she’s able to use more than 10 per cent of her brain, making her superhuman.
“Lucy” also stars Morgan Freeman and Choi Min-sik.
It will be released in August.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 1, 2014: Hope Reveals Something To Wyatt And Katie Almost Loses A Loved One [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Season 2 Preview: Someone Drops The L Bomb, Marriage Proposal In Season Finale
- “American Horror Story” Season 4 Spoilers: Emma Roberts' Maggie And Evan Peters’ Jimmy Darling To Be In A Romantic Relationship
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5: Human Flesh Burgers Unveiled To Celebrate TWD’s New Season
- George Clooney Divorced Talia Balsam Years Before Getting Married to Amal Alamuddin: Know About Clooney's Ex Wife
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Apple iPhone 6 vs. OnePlus One: With Invitation-Only Model Rested, OnePlus One Can Be A Real Threat To iPhone 6
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- Samsung Aware Of Gap Issue On Galaxy Note 4, Mentions It As Important Manufacturing Feature In Note 4 User Manual
- ISIS Supporters are Walking Among the Many in the United States – Report
- Airstrikes Against ISIS Has Claimed Innocent Lives In Syria, Dubbed ‘Ineffective’ By Jihadi Fighters, US Military To Ask For More Spending Money