Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt to Star Together in ‘By the Sea’ [VIDEO]
By Anne Lu | July 19, 2014 11:15 AM EST
It’s been nine years since Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie have starred together in “Mr & Mrs Smith,” and now the Hollywood power couple are set to recreate the magic. Brangelina, as the media call them, will be starring in “By the Sea,” a drama Jolie wrote and will direct.
Cast member Angelina Jolie and actor Brad Pitt pose at the premiere of "Maleficent" at El Capitan theatre in Hollywood, California May 28, 2014. The movie opens in the U.S. on May 30.
Universal Pictures has announced that the parents of six are producing the drama, which is described as an “intimate, character-driven drama” that focuses on a couple’s relationship.
“I am very happy to continue my relationship with Donna and the entire Universal team as I finish ‘Unbroken’ and begin work on ‘By the Sea,’” Jolie said in a statement, referring to Donna Langley, the studio chairman.
“They have created a very special place for storytellers, and I look forward to the continued passion and support they have provided to me as a filmmaker.”
“By the Sea” is the first time Jolie and Pitt will be appearing together on screen since the blockbuster “Mr & Mrs Smith” in 2005. Apart from garnering positive critical reviews and taking over U$478 million from the box office, the film is notable for bringing Jolie and Pitt together as a real life couple.
Jolie’s next film, “Unbroken,” about the World War II hero Lou Zamperini, is currently in its post-production stage. It will be released in December 2014.
Meanwhile, the engaged couple will reportedly wed “either this fall or next spring.”
According to E! News, Jolie and Pitt want to exchange I Do’s at the Chateau Miraval, their home in the South of France.
“They’ll be spending much more time there once it’s finished and will summer in France and winter in L.A., putting down roots and making memories as a family,” a source told the celebrity site.
They originally planned on an earlier wedding, but their home’s construction and renovation delayed the big event.
“This is Brad’s project and Angie has had nothing to do with it,” the insider added.
“It’s all been so stressful and has been such a gigantic headache that she just left him to it. There’s still no official date set, but they’re at the stage where they can say they’ll definitely be married by this time next year.”
Apart from their six children – Maddox, Pax, Zahara, Shiloh and twins Vivienne and Knox – Jolie and Pitt will only be inviting “no more than 22 guests, which will be close family only.”
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Filming Spoilers: Beardless Rick Grimes Seems To Be On The Set
- ‘Orange is the New Black Story’ Season 3 Update: New Corrections Officer To Be Introduced, Likely To Take Pornstache's Position At Litchfield Penitentiary
- “American Horror Story” Season 4 Spoilers: Emma Roberts' Maggie And Evan Peters’ Jimmy Darling To Be In A Romantic Relationship
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Season 2 Preview: Someone Drops The L Bomb, Marriage Proposal In Season Finale
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Season 2: Jessica Talks After Her Shocking Elimination
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- Obama’s Bid To Blame Intelligence Chief For Inaction On ISIS Backfires: McCain Asks Obama To Admit Own Mistakes