Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt to Star Together in ‘By the Sea’ [VIDEO]
By Anne Lu | July 19, 2014 11:15 AM EST
It’s been nine years since Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie have starred together in “Mr & Mrs Smith,” and now the Hollywood power couple are set to recreate the magic. Brangelina, as the media call them, will be starring in “By the Sea,” a drama Jolie wrote and will direct.
Cast member Angelina Jolie and actor Brad Pitt pose at the premiere of "Maleficent" at El Capitan theatre in Hollywood, California May 28, 2014. The movie opens in the U.S. on May 30.
Universal Pictures has announced that the parents of six are producing the drama, which is described as an “intimate, character-driven drama” that focuses on a couple’s relationship.
“I am very happy to continue my relationship with Donna and the entire Universal team as I finish ‘Unbroken’ and begin work on ‘By the Sea,’” Jolie said in a statement, referring to Donna Langley, the studio chairman.
“They have created a very special place for storytellers, and I look forward to the continued passion and support they have provided to me as a filmmaker.”
“By the Sea” is the first time Jolie and Pitt will be appearing together on screen since the blockbuster “Mr & Mrs Smith” in 2005. Apart from garnering positive critical reviews and taking over U$478 million from the box office, the film is notable for bringing Jolie and Pitt together as a real life couple.
Jolie’s next film, “Unbroken,” about the World War II hero Lou Zamperini, is currently in its post-production stage. It will be released in December 2014.
Meanwhile, the engaged couple will reportedly wed “either this fall or next spring.”
According to E! News, Jolie and Pitt want to exchange I Do’s at the Chateau Miraval, their home in the South of France.
“They’ll be spending much more time there once it’s finished and will summer in France and winter in L.A., putting down roots and making memories as a family,” a source told the celebrity site.
They originally planned on an earlier wedding, but their home’s construction and renovation delayed the big event.
“This is Brad’s project and Angie has had nothing to do with it,” the insider added.
“It’s all been so stressful and has been such a gigantic headache that she just left him to it. There’s still no official date set, but they’re at the stage where they can say they’ll definitely be married by this time next year.”
Apart from their six children – Maddox, Pax, Zahara, Shiloh and twins Vivienne and Knox – Jolie and Pitt will only be inviting “no more than 22 guests, which will be close family only.”
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘Mad Men’ Season 7 [Final Season] Update: Jon Hamm Talks About Surprises And Things Looking Up
- Nina Dobrev Moves On From Ian Somerhalder: ‘TVD’ Actress Trying To Reconcile With Ex, ‘DWTS’ Star Derek Hough—Report Suggests
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Casting: Brothel Guard, Military Officer And More
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Update: Skyler Samuels Roped In To Play Pivotal Role, Extended Teaser Released [VIDEO]
- ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ Season 11 Premiere (Episode 1) Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘I Must Have Lost It On The Wind'
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best
- Australian Liberals Urge Expat Kiwis To Favour John Key In New Zealand Election