Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt to Star Together in ‘By the Sea’ [VIDEO]
By Anne Lu | July 19, 2014 11:15 AM EST
It’s been nine years since Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie have starred together in “Mr & Mrs Smith,” and now the Hollywood power couple are set to recreate the magic. Brangelina, as the media call them, will be starring in “By the Sea,” a drama Jolie wrote and will direct.
Cast member Angelina Jolie and actor Brad Pitt pose at the premiere of "Maleficent" at El Capitan theatre in Hollywood, California May 28, 2014. The movie opens in the U.S. on May 30.
Universal Pictures has announced that the parents of six are producing the drama, which is described as an “intimate, character-driven drama” that focuses on a couple’s relationship.
“I am very happy to continue my relationship with Donna and the entire Universal team as I finish ‘Unbroken’ and begin work on ‘By the Sea,’” Jolie said in a statement, referring to Donna Langley, the studio chairman.
“They have created a very special place for storytellers, and I look forward to the continued passion and support they have provided to me as a filmmaker.”
“By the Sea” is the first time Jolie and Pitt will be appearing together on screen since the blockbuster “Mr & Mrs Smith” in 2005. Apart from garnering positive critical reviews and taking over U$478 million from the box office, the film is notable for bringing Jolie and Pitt together as a real life couple.
Jolie’s next film, “Unbroken,” about the World War II hero Lou Zamperini, is currently in its post-production stage. It will be released in December 2014.
Meanwhile, the engaged couple will reportedly wed “either this fall or next spring.”
According to E! News, Jolie and Pitt want to exchange I Do’s at the Chateau Miraval, their home in the South of France.
“They’ll be spending much more time there once it’s finished and will summer in France and winter in L.A., putting down roots and making memories as a family,” a source told the celebrity site.
They originally planned on an earlier wedding, but their home’s construction and renovation delayed the big event.
“This is Brad’s project and Angie has had nothing to do with it,” the insider added.
“It’s all been so stressful and has been such a gigantic headache that she just left him to it. There’s still no official date set, but they’re at the stage where they can say they’ll definitely be married by this time next year.”
Apart from their six children – Maddox, Pax, Zahara, Shiloh and twins Vivienne and Knox – Jolie and Pitt will only be inviting “no more than 22 guests, which will be close family only.”
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 4 New Zealand Promo: Beth Greene’s Brave Side In 'Slabtown'
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy