‘Supernatural’ Stars Jared Padalecki, Jensen Ackles on How the Show Will End + The Cast Are Doing A Musical Episode! [VIDEO]
By Anne Lu | July 19, 2014 10:16 AM EST
“Supernatural” already has an ending in mind, and stars Jared Padalecki and Jensen Ackles will welcome it when it happens. Also, a musical episode is in the works!
At the Television Critics Association press tour panel on Friday, the main stars and executive producer Jeremy Carver have addressed various questions about the long-running series, including how long it is expected to go on.
Padalecki, who turns 32 Saturday, is positive that the show will remain its quality as long as Carver handles it, but if the time comes that they are cancelled, he will welcome the end.
“I spent nine years of my life with him, and so I don’t want him to be broken down and beaten down into something that I end up not respecting. I respect this character and this show and the writers and my fellow actors and actresses. I think we know the show enough, our characters enough, that if there’s an end coming I think we’ll all see it and we don’t have to push it to the ‘I Love LA’ levels,” he said.
“I’ve got some kids now and a wife. I love my personal life very, very much and when it’s time to hang up that Sam Winchester hat, I’ll welcome that chapter.”
Padalecki is married to Genevieve Cortese, who played demon Ruby in season three.
Ackles, who plays Sam’s brother Dean, agreed, saying the show “hasn’t tarnished in 10 years.”
“And I remember getting the last script of season nine, the season finale, and I got all giddy about it. I was excited to see what happens in season 10. I think as long as there’s that fulfilment, that enjoyment, that excitement, then we will keep going as long as people are hanging in with us and are still entertained. We love these stories,” the 36-year-old actor added.
And boy do they have their fans!
“Supernatural” is one of the most popular shows on social media sites like Tumblr, where, along with “Doctor Who” and “Sherlock,” it is considered a royalty.
But how would the show end?
Carver knows that creator Eric Kripke already has an ending in mind, but Kripke hasn’t shared it with him yet.
He also said that while he has an idea on how he wants the show to end, “I always want to keep room for happy accidents as well. The show is continuing beyond any of our wildest dreams so I don’t think we want to limit ourselves. Just because I might have the perfect image in my head doesn’t mean that one of these guys can’t come up with something.”
“You realise that you just invited us to write the ending, right?” Padalecki said upon hearing Carver’s last words.
Meanwhile, Carver revealed that they will be doing a musical episode, which will be aired as the fifth episode of the 10th season.
“I think it’ll be one of the more amusing and engaging episodes we’ve done in a while. I think we can safely call this a meta episode,” he told E! News.
“We’re going pretty meta. I would just describe it as something of a love letter to our fans and there will be songs.”
When asked if both Padalecki and Ackles will be singing, Carver laughed, “I cannot comment any further than that.”
He did say that there will be “more than one song” and will “potentially” include dancing.
While this is the first time that the “Supernatural” cast will be doing a musical, they are not strangers to doing unconventional episodes.
They have done a show about shooting a show called “Supernatural,” in which they play Sam and Dean playing Jared Padalecki and Jensen Ackles playing Sam and Dean. They have also done an episode where they are doing different shows, including a family sitcom, a Japanese sitcom and a medical drama.
So considering the things that they have already done in the show, a musical episode isn’t unusual. In fact, fans already expect it.
“Supernatural” also stars Misha Collins as the angel Castiel and Mark Sheppard as the demon Crowley.
The 10th season will begin in October.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Portia De Rossi And Ellen DeGeneres Address 'Epic Fight' Story
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 6 Spoilers: Abby Sciuto Talks Of Cote de Pablo's Character, 'I Loved Ziva But She Left Us' (Review)
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 29, 2014: Caroline Is Remorseful About What Happened To Her And Ridge While Katie Is Fuming [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Leaked Image Of New Villain Clutching Red Lightsaber [Spoilers]
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Norman Reedus Bashes The Report That He Begged The Producers Not To Turn Daryl Dixon Gay
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family
- Xiaomi VP Hugo Barra Says ‘Apple iPhone 6 Is The Most Beautiful Smartphone Ever Built’
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown