‘Supernatural’ Stars Jared Padalecki, Jensen Ackles on How the Show Will End + The Cast Are Doing A Musical Episode! [VIDEO]
By Anne Lu | July 19, 2014 10:16 AM EST
“Supernatural” already has an ending in mind, and stars Jared Padalecki and Jensen Ackles will welcome it when it happens. Also, a musical episode is in the works!
At the Television Critics Association press tour panel on Friday, the main stars and executive producer Jeremy Carver have addressed various questions about the long-running series, including how long it is expected to go on.
Padalecki, who turns 32 Saturday, is positive that the show will remain its quality as long as Carver handles it, but if the time comes that they are cancelled, he will welcome the end.
“I spent nine years of my life with him, and so I don’t want him to be broken down and beaten down into something that I end up not respecting. I respect this character and this show and the writers and my fellow actors and actresses. I think we know the show enough, our characters enough, that if there’s an end coming I think we’ll all see it and we don’t have to push it to the ‘I Love LA’ levels,” he said.
“I’ve got some kids now and a wife. I love my personal life very, very much and when it’s time to hang up that Sam Winchester hat, I’ll welcome that chapter.”
Padalecki is married to Genevieve Cortese, who played demon Ruby in season three.
Ackles, who plays Sam’s brother Dean, agreed, saying the show “hasn’t tarnished in 10 years.”
“And I remember getting the last script of season nine, the season finale, and I got all giddy about it. I was excited to see what happens in season 10. I think as long as there’s that fulfilment, that enjoyment, that excitement, then we will keep going as long as people are hanging in with us and are still entertained. We love these stories,” the 36-year-old actor added.
And boy do they have their fans!
“Supernatural” is one of the most popular shows on social media sites like Tumblr, where, along with “Doctor Who” and “Sherlock,” it is considered a royalty.
But how would the show end?
Carver knows that creator Eric Kripke already has an ending in mind, but Kripke hasn’t shared it with him yet.
He also said that while he has an idea on how he wants the show to end, “I always want to keep room for happy accidents as well. The show is continuing beyond any of our wildest dreams so I don’t think we want to limit ourselves. Just because I might have the perfect image in my head doesn’t mean that one of these guys can’t come up with something.”
“You realise that you just invited us to write the ending, right?” Padalecki said upon hearing Carver’s last words.
Meanwhile, Carver revealed that they will be doing a musical episode, which will be aired as the fifth episode of the 10th season.
“I think it’ll be one of the more amusing and engaging episodes we’ve done in a while. I think we can safely call this a meta episode,” he told E! News.
“We’re going pretty meta. I would just describe it as something of a love letter to our fans and there will be songs.”
When asked if both Padalecki and Ackles will be singing, Carver laughed, “I cannot comment any further than that.”
He did say that there will be “more than one song” and will “potentially” include dancing.
While this is the first time that the “Supernatural” cast will be doing a musical, they are not strangers to doing unconventional episodes.
They have done a show about shooting a show called “Supernatural,” in which they play Sam and Dean playing Jared Padalecki and Jensen Ackles playing Sam and Dean. They have also done an episode where they are doing different shows, including a family sitcom, a Japanese sitcom and a medical drama.
So considering the things that they have already done in the show, a musical episode isn’t unusual. In fact, fans already expect it.
“Supernatural” also stars Misha Collins as the angel Castiel and Mark Sheppard as the demon Crowley.
The 10th season will begin in October.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop