Boxing News 2014: Drake Spoof of ‘Manny Pacquiao’ Singing Frozen’s Let It Go at ESPY Awards (VIDEOS)
By Vittorio Hernandez | July 19, 2014 1:18 AM EST
Manny Pacquiao will face Tim Bradley on April 12
One of the alternative careers that eight-division title holder Manny Pacquiao could pursue if he opts to finally hang his boxing gloves is singer. The southpaw congressman has made several hit songs in the past such as his duet with Will Ferrell singing John Lennon's Imagine.
At the ESPY Awards on Wednesday held at the Kodak Theater in Los Angeles, California, Pacquiao may have lost the ESPY Fighter of the Year Award to Floyd Mayweather Jr, but certainly won the audience's applause with his rendition of Frozen's Let It Go.
But it turned out it wasn't really the Filipino boxer who was singing, but Drake who spoofed him, complete with Manny's Oriental accent and mustache and beard.
Since the video was posted on YouTube, it has become viral and in one day registered more than 225,000 hits.
Viewers would notice that the Drake version copied actually Pacquiao's MTV singing Dan Hill's Sometimes When We Touch, down to the sweat shirt he was wearing. Here's the original video, which got almost 500,000 hits, for comparison.
The Drake spoof even had a clip of Mayweather's face which indicates the boxing public's continued interest in the dream match, initially speculated to take place in May 2015 but confirmed no less by Money May's father, Floyd Mayweather Sr.
But of course, in the meantime, until May comes, the two would have to face their respective opponents in their next fight - Argentinean boxer Marcos Maidana in a rematch with Mayweather and WBO junior featherweight champion Chris Algieri for Pacquiao.
Singing actually runs in the Pacquiao family, or at least one more family member, specifically his mother Dionesia, who gained notoriety for her unique pray over during her son's fight against Timothy Bradley, mistaken by a lot of viewers as casting a hex on his ring opponent.
Dionesia, or Mommy D, as Filipinos call her, also has a viral music video when she sang Miley Cyrus's hit song Wrecking Ball in a local TV shows.
And her version, mind you, logged 1.75 million hits.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Will Probably Pick Between Amir Khan Or Manny Pacquiao For Next Fight According to Uncle Jeff
- Tony Stewart Reveals Retirement Not In Options, Reflects On His Life After the Fatal Crash
- Sugar Ray Leonard Adds Fuel To Pacquiao-Mayweather Clamour
- Muslim NFL Player Husain Abdullah Penalised For Praying After Touchdown
- Ronda Rousey Puts Up Her Belongings For Auction
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build